1. PF.com is also on Facebook. Follow/Like us Here.
    Dismiss Notice

2016/2017 NBA Trades, Signings, FA, and other Happenings

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Apr 16, 2016.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

My favorite example is Mitch Richmond with the Kings. Probably before a lot of folk's time watching ball.

I like to call Pierce Blue Bounce Meat.

2. tirtep

tirtep All-Star

Mich Richmond is another perfect example. He was a journey man. He got a ring with Lakers in 2002, playing 4 minutes and averaging 4 points per game.

In game 4 of the finals he dribbled out the clock for the championship. I recall Shaq congratulating him in the last seconds, probably by saying " patience is a virtue" or "well deserved" or "you come to play with us and get a ring" or whatever... just speculating. :)

In a way, regarding numbers, you can say the same thing for Clyde Drexler and many others.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    roscoe36 likes this.
  3. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

I feel like you might have missed the point.

I'm not saying that career stats determine whether someone has heart.

I'm saying that Dirk Nowitzki's championship year was the one he put it all on the line and it showed in his numbers. That GSW Monta Ellis and 2 years ago Monta Ellis differ in intensity and heart and that the stats reflect this.

Also, it takes more than one player to be a winner. Put Michael Jordan on the 2013 76ers and their ceiling is the 8th seed and an ungraceful 2nd round exit.

roscoe36 likes this.
  4. tirtep

tirtep All-Star

It's precisely what I'm saying, precisely my point. I don't think that I'm missing anything. Bringing up Clyde Drexler is your Jordan's point. Sometimes players are not put in position to win.

The Panda and roscoe36 like this.