1. PF.com is also on Facebook. Follow/Like us Here.
    Dismiss Notice

MSU 2015 Michigan State Football

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Darth Tater, May 1, 2015.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I don't like the new year's eve scheduling personally. Tough to watch the games when you're at couples parties... Which all nye parties are.

linwood, Nemo and BallDon'tLie like this.
  2. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

The scheduling is ridiculous. Would be better to do it earlier and then have the NC earlier.

roscoe36 likes this.
  3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Hold your head up Lil' Bro.

linwood, Nemo and roscoe36 like this.
  4. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Hopefully the rest of the B1G does well.

So far 3-2 Wisconsin, Minny, and Nebraska all won. MSU crushed and Indy lost in OT

Still several games to go. At least 2 of 3 between Michigan, Iowa, and Ohio State need to win to help keep the respect alive after MSU did its best to tear it down.

Also Two more.

We are little bro to Alabama no doubt, but we're still the oldest sibling in the B1G!

On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the most upset I'm about 2. Maybe 3 considering it was a massacre. But in my gut I feared it could happen. Not quite as bad as it did but close. S beat all the best BIG Ten teams. I'm very happy and proud. I told the M people that I didn't think they should disappear and that their team had an excellent season despite OSU. I feel like MSU.I want to say the seniors deserved better. They got what they deserved though. However, I do feel bad for them.Back when S beat Iowa I wondered ;maybe said it) wether I would have preferred a loss and missed Alabama. But possibly winning a Rose Bowl would have been a smoke screen.

MSU wasn't good enough. It was 0-0 for a long time and I think MSU isn't as far from Alabama as they looked. Maybe 10-14 points.It was all but over when Cook threw the pick.They didn't have any luck either with injuries, calls, and bounces. But they lost by 38 and not 10 so it is what it is.

The win over Michigan was incredible! Beating OSU a blast. Iowa too, Such a wild ride. 12-2. How can I not still feel blessed?

I looked at next years schedule last month.It will be tough but enough for today.

roscoe36 likes this.
  5. Nemo

Nemo Over 60 Club Forum Donor

[​IMG]

roscoe36 likes this.
  6. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

You did say that.
    But the sacrifice had to be made, the CFP teams split $50M --- I believe through the major CFP bowls, even if that bowl didn't host a P/O this season. Mstate brought home the big dough ! Father !

7. detteam

detteam All-Star

Nemo likes this.
  8. detteam

detteam All-Star

Guess you're entitled to some fun.

Saban seems to ramp things up when playing MSU. Cook had a terrible game.

Nemo and roscoe36 like this.
  9. Darth Tater

I'm glad Michigan won. Congratulations. It helped the B1G look better. Good eggs like Gazoo and Dre , and my contacts in Michigan get a nice start to 2016. Yeah, glad for (P I T A) round :wedgie: and others I didn't mention too. The boring of late Michigan thread had become a ghost town after the OSU game and is already showing life.

Iowa is getting killed. Bummer.

roscoe36 likes this.
  10. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion

I'm with TaS on doing something to change when these two games are played.
    New Year's Eve is a bad time for me to be watching 7 hours of college football.
    Mrs. BDL wasn't stoked.

11. Darth Tater

Did they used to do that? They do it maybe because of the playoffs so the teams get time in between. But it is a really crappy time for most people. Maybe they are trying to be cute and start a tradition like a few nfl games on Thanksgiving. But that is different because people are sitting at home getting fat on turkeys (Or penguin...yes I know you guys celebrate it on the "wrong "day do not get me started on that too ):pound:.

12. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Two more wins today for "The Original Big 2" and then two losses by Iowa and Northwestern.......with Penn State tomorrow.

So 5-4 with a chance to 6-4 or break even.

Nemo, Darth Tater and roscoe36 like this.
  13. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Poor TaS and the rest of the partiers.
    They couldn't watch the games because they were party hopping.

14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Luckily, I got to watch part of the game in the limo between venues.

BallDon'tLie likes this.
  15. Darth Tater

I thought that was you! I think I was in the same limo. I ride in them all the time though so who knows? You didn't tip me very well considering it was New Years Eve. :car: But thank you just the same. You saved me from sitting at home watching the game!!:deathstar1:

roscoe36 likes this.
  16. Darth Tater

Watching every single persons reactions to both the M and S games are so telling...the sportsmanship (or lack thereof), pertiness, mood changes, participation levels, vicariousness. Unbelievably entertaining. :pop2: I love this place.

Hey, but who am I to judge? But we are entitled to our own OPINIONS.

Give the Spartys credit where it is due. We are here whether the humiliaters or humiliatees. I don't know or care wherlther those are even real words but they fit my purpose. I'm giving Thee TFD a left handed compliment when I say, it is sad when HE is ONE of the people, in MY personal view, as displaying the most class and marurity regarding the last couple:crutch: days. :yo::pound:

My thoughts and feelings? This was the greatest year I've ever experienced as a football fan. That includes both pro and NCAA. The years run together but this one will stand out on its own. Michigan State was owned and humbled by a GREAT ALABAMA team that exploited every hole on the team. Nobody else. They are still the B1G champions until knocked off their perch by another team IN the conference. On the top 20 level they were smacked good and are certainly knocked out of the top 4. Maybe 10-15 IMO. It was ironic. Connor Cook pulled a Blake O'neill. Yes the Michigan game was razor edge close and only one game. But Cook was the main guy responsible for MSU's success over the season. Both dropped the ball though (one more literally than the other. This is one of those games where a victory would have me giddy but fhe loss hardly bothers me on a personal level although I feel bad for the players. Will there be a changing of the guard in 2016? Way way to early to tell. But perhaps... I hope not.

Michigan beat a GOOD Florida team in a very good Bowl. Probably as close as you can get to those playoff Bowls It is rare that I am glad they won ( I was rooting for the B1G not M but they played a really good game and the conference as a whole needed it, IMO and helps legitimize the MSU accomplishments. Ohio State did too. Not sure why Iowa stunk it up?

Great Season for THIS cowboy!!!

LA Dre and roscoe36 like this.
  17. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

roscoe36 likes this.
  18. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

It is great to receive praise from Saban the Cotton Bowl winner.

19. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

@TaS@TaS , So tell us about the ride and the half-time show you caught a glimpse of.
    I haven't fired a gun at a street-lite in 20 yr. 3 misses

BallDon'tLie and roscoe36 like this.
  20. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yeah despite several cousins who claim they attended Alabama, (not graduated) I will be pulling for Clemson too.

detteam, roscoe36 and Nemo like this.