2014 Playoffs Thread

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Walter, Apr 18, 2014.

1. linwood

linwood All-Star

You're not the only one who feels that way. He's been dumping Boogie's books for a while.

DeMarcus Cousins on Chris Paul: 'I Don't Respect A Cheater' » SLAMonline

This computer is property of the Denver Squirrels and is not to be removed from facilities.

basketbills likes this.
  2. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

Brooklyn won, Chicago won, and Houston is beating Portland by 10 in the beginning of the 4th quarter. (Which I'm watching)

Who I root for?

I want Charlotte to win 1 game... just because next year they will be called Pelicans and I don't know, I don't want the heat sweeping.

Indiana - Atlanta (I don't have a pick here, It's an awesome series that I didn't expect to be)

Washington - Bulls (I don't have a pick here. It's an awesome series as I expected)

Raptors - Brooklyn (Brooklyn, no hard feelings with the Raptors, but I want to see if the Nets still can do some harm to the heat if they get there)

San Antonio - Dallas (I don't have a pick here. It's an awesome series as I expected)

Golden State - Clippers (Golden State, not because I like them, I don't really like this 2 teams, but I despise the Warriors less than the Clippers) (Sorry LA Dre)

Houston - Portland (PORTLAND! I really like Stotts and what he's doing there)

Oklahoma City - Memphis (I don't have a pick here. It's an awesome series as I expected)

So, Other than Portland, I don't really have a team that I would like to see winning, after that, I watch the games wanting wand wishing that it would be a good one, filled with good plays, good techniques, etc.

________

Well, Houston is up 5 now. The called a timeout.

3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Some rook named Troy Daniels who only played 75 minutes all season saves the Rockets from going down 3-0 with a game winning 3 ball on a broken scrambled play in OT.

Both road dogs, Rockets and Bulls survive and both will stay alive long enough to play a game 5 at home.

It was Friday night date nite with the Mrs, so only saw the 4th quarter and OT of the Rockets-Blazers game. The Rockets still held a 10 point lead with 6 to go, but Lillard and company trimmed it down to an OT game. The Blazers jumped off to a 4 point lead in OT, but the Rockets closed the game on a 7-0 run to win it.

The most memorable graphic I saw on the tube was when DHoward was shooting free throws and ESPN listed the 5 worst free throw shooters in the league this season, and two Pistons made the top 5 with Andre Drummond at the top and Josh Smith at number 4. :hoops:

Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.
  4. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Another great game in the Rockets-Blazers series - probably the best so far! I was hoping Houston would win cos I really want it to go 7. Easily the most visually pleasing series so far. Both teams playing at a high level. Just makes you realise how far away the Pistons really are unfortunately...

5. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I was thinking the same thing. Then a Boobie Gibson kind of guy makes the shot to win the game.

6. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Ernie the Slow Adult and linwood like this.
  7. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Wait, so the Pacers have Larry Bird, Donnie Walsh and Kevin Pritchard in their front office while the Pistons had Joe who spoke once every 4 months?

8. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yea, but when Joe spoke, he gave us gems like, "We don't give away assets" and "This is the positionless NBA now."

9. LA Dre

Genobli!!! The old man...showing why he can still play. He put enough spin on the last shot to take another second off the clock while it slowly spun around the hoop.

Unfortunately it didn't spin long enough as the other older gentleman Vintage Vince Carter got the winning turnaround jump shot three with no time on the clock (1.7 was the official time when the Mavs inbounded it.) That sequence seem to take more than 1.7 seconds so have to wonder if the official homie time keeper was blinded by the play before VC touched it...

The game went back and forth down the stretch with Tony Parker scowling on the bench after Pop sat him.

oh well MFFL as the fans got a real treat.

The Pacers survived their game earlier today when that one seemed like the Hawks had it.

10. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I don't think it is right that Nene is suspended for a game. He was already thrown out of the last game.

11. LA Dre

Conspiracy? The league would like to see more of the Bulls in the playoffs for rating purposes, so if they win another game it good for ratings and the economy.

Ernie the Slow Adult and brofmfa like this.
  12. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I agree about the conspiracy. In fact, I replayed the game in super-slow motion and listened to the stadium background music. It was clearly playing subliminal messages encouraging "Nene, punch him in the face.....Nene, punch him in the face.....Nene, punch him in the face."

The Panda likes this.
  13. LA Dre

The wiz won, so he just got a couple days of extra rest and had to give up some change..

14. LA Dre

No excuses for the Clippers, but they got off to a rough start and if the Curry misses 3 of the 5 threes he hit in the first 20 minutes, this could have been a closer game.

The small lineup beat them and it didn't help that the refs called more fouls to stop any momentum that the Clippers had in the second half. Klay Thompson played crazy...and kept the game close with his silly fouls. If those same fouls had been called on Curry, he probably would have still played until he fouled out. He played 42 today and it still seemed like he was out there until the horn blew.

The Clipper bench will have to step up like they did in game 2 if they hope to offset the Warriors second unit on Tuesday. Other than Crawford, the bench was 5/19 from the floor. Their last two FA, Big Baby and Granger were non factors.

People say the players should have boycotted the game, and technically they did......

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
    brofmfa likes this.
  15. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

I'm really glad now that we are not the people who picked up Granger. He really isn't looking great.

linwood likes this.
  16. LA Dre

That was weird...a playoff team being held scoreless for the last 4:58 of the game...and no field goals for the last 6 minutes of game. The Raptors close out the game on a 14-2 run. Good game from Amir..

Another 2-2 series to put additional money in the NBA bank accounts.

17. LA Dre

Gotta feel a little sorry for McHale.....Howard and Harden and Lin, and you are down 3-1....to the Blazers.

I am sure the NBA would have rather seen Houston advance here....but it ain't over yet....well almost...

18. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Sure they do but unfortunately the stars of Rockets had not played up to their fame in the series or I would say that Blazers had done enough to expose James Harden. Rockets is playing their usual way, offensively their baskets didn't fall when they didn't move the ball while leaving a hole at their corner has always been their defensive game.
    Strange feeling was early in the game, Rockets were airing like they are entitled to tie the series

Go Amir.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  19. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

Harden is starting to look seriously overrated. When he can play fast and loose he gets enough done on offense to cover up his troubling lack of effort on defense. In the playoffs, when the tempo slows and Dwight starts wanting iso's in the post (seriously, why? My grandmother has a better dream shake than him), he just gives up way to much on defense. He is what Lee's idea of Singler, but for the Rockets, and in reality.

Lin has not been playing well either. Just maybe, he isn't that great after all.

brofmfa likes this.
  20. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Back to our regularly scheduled programming: there some amazing game 5s coming up tonight. Will the Bulls avoid elimination? Will the Grizz be able to wrestle home court advantage again from the Thunder? Will the much-distracted Clippers protect their home court? Some amazing basketball coming up shortly.