2013 Playoffs

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Walter, Apr 18, 2013.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Durant and that thorn in your side Derek Fisher just stole that one from Grizzlies who controlled the game for the most part. Unless Memphis comes back and takes game 2, they will be thinking about this one that they let get away. You got to beat down the # 1 seed and not let them hang around.
  2. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Memphis may have missed their only chance last night. Maybe they can remember all the layups they missed and pull it back together, but yesterday was a chance that doesn't come around too often on the road.

So, at the end, maybe a little over a minute to go, Grizz are up and have the ball. Tay brings it up and chooses to let the ball roll all the say to the frontcourt, for some reason saving the clock. That extra time means the Thunder don't need to foul the next time down and can play defense straight up. If they had to foul, Memphis would only have needed to hit free throws to ice the game. Why in the world do you let the ball roll up like that when you have the lead?
  3. LA Dre

He must have thought he was still in his 2010-2012 Piston mode where you find ways to lose in crunch time?:confused:
    BallDon'tLie and OLD SKOOL HQ like this.
  4. linwood

linwood All-Star

Ouch!
    OLD SKOOL HQ likes this.
  5. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Looks like the Chicago fanbase is starting to get a bit annoyed by Rose not playing after being cleared by doctors in February while Noah et al are on the verge of death and still fighting like the 300 Spartans.
    OLD SKOOL HQ likes this.
  6. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

That is one of the things I cannot stand in the NBA. It's done way too often unnecessarily. I've seen players do it in the middle of the 2nd quarter.

Tay's defense on the game winner by Durant was also pretty bad.
  7. LA Dre

Yep...he pretty much let him have the shot forgetting that Durant can stop on a dime and take & make that shot. Plus the running left hander by Tay on a couple plays earlier was forced...
  8. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

On the plus side, his decision making seemed to have gotten a lot faster. It is amazing how much faster he plays when he doesn't have to go through this at every possession:

"gee, the correct play to make here is to pass, but do I send it to Max for a 19 footer or Rodney for an offensive foul? Maybe I can just try to make something happen. Why doesn't anybody move? This is getting ridiculous. I'm still palming the ball way out here. People are going to start making jokes about this being my signature move. Someone get open PLEASE! Aww schuks, 3 seconds left on the clock. Maybe I can pump fake this guy and get a shot off".
    linwood likes this.
  9. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Gilbert Arenas
  10. LA Dre

Bulls, say excuse me, we don't need Rose, Deng or Heinrich along as we have Nate-Dogg on our side....
    linwood and roscoe36 like this.
  11. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

What a night of basketball for the NBA!
    linwood likes this.
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

They could have just waited longer to shoot. It wasn't the letting the ball roll up that hurt them, it was the decision to leave time on the clock by shooting early.
  13. LA Dre

Well it happen just like you said...as the Warriors blew a 16 point lead with 4 mins to play and the Spurs go on a 18-2 run to tie it. (Without Duncan in the last 6 minutes or either OT. )

The game went into two OT's and despite Steph Currys 44 points, the Warriors fall 129-127 as they left Genobli open for wide open three to win the game.

One of the best games of the playoffs...but then again any game with the Warriors is going to be a great game. Curry scored 22 points in the third quarter, but his running mate Klay Thompson fouled out mid way through the 4th and was not available for the run or to put a bigger body on Parker.

Another game like the one last night where the visiting underdogs controlled the game until the last 20 seconds and then blew it.

30 losses in a row for the Warriors in San Antonio.
  14. dba

I guess I could argue that offenses are mostly geared, especially a half court one like in Memphis, to get their shot is less than 24 because they frequently walk the ball up, so providing more time might have lead to shooting early. The key point though is that better time management might have gotten them a win.
  15. dba

Well, maybe they didn't get chewed up and spit out, but they do seem to make some bad decisions down the stretch rather consistently.

Go Bulls!
  16. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

Disappointed to see the Bulls win. But if it spurs Miami to steamroll them the next 4 games, then it'd be worth it.

Ecstatic to see Golden State blow another game and actually lose it this time. Not a fan of Pastor Mark or his methods. Hopefully we can forget about him again in a week.
  17. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Tay-Daye update P/Os: Daye 3.3 min down from 10 +/-, -1.3
    Tay 35 min up from 31 +/-, 6.6
    Bup-Bup =/-, -4.5
  18. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

WHY hasnt LAIMBEER reminded me of THIS great post?? LOL....enjoy the rest of the series , gang.
  19. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

GAME ONE'S: BULLS UPSET HEAT....
    DURANT WINS BY 2 OVER GRIZZ
    PACERS STUN KNICKS IN THE RIVALRY , PART 3
    SPURS TAKE CAHONES FROM WARRIORS AS DELL CURRY , JR GOES DOWNTOWN FREDDY BROWN

This is basketball an oldskooler can be proud of!
  20. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I really don't like OKC. They get a ton of love but they seem over-hyped to me with Serge Ibaka leading the way..