2013 Playoffs

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Walter, Apr 18, 2013.

1. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

ABMoNY
    ...ANYONE BUT Miami or New York.
  2. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I like Memphis as well, but I hope they don't win it all. The thought of Daye getting a ring before Stuckey just seems wrong.
  3. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

BOSTON MAY lose this game, but this 4th quarter run is one of the greatest i have EVER SEEN!!!!! Oh MY!!!
  4. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I wonder how LeBron would feel about going against the Spurs for a second time in the Finals? He's no longer young and he's no longer alone.
  5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Another six game sweep that Billups was a part of. (Cavs beating down the Pistons in 07. When VDN gets canned it will be because he went with the vet Billups too long, didn't play Crawford in the second half of this game and waited until a close out game to trot in GHill and Willie Green.

The achilles injury has basically made Billups a shadow of himself, so Kobe fans better beware.....

Mr. Big shot killed whatever momentum the Clips had as they had shaved a 15 pt lead down to 6 and had the ball in their possession with about 4 mins to go. But an "unforce TO by Billups that led to a three on the other end turned into a 7-0 run by the Grizz and hand the game to them. The Clipper forum was on fire tonight call for the heads of Vinny, DJ, Billups and Butler hoping and praying that none of them return.

The Clippers out shot the Grizz and were a +1 on the boards, but the biggest cause of course was the officiating. How come so many ticky tac fouls?? The Grizzlies shot 38-47 from the FT line to the Clippers 16/24. Even Jon Barry questioned it in the first half.

Stern was in attendance ...I wonder what his take was on it? After all the teams came into the game with the Grizz shooting 160 to 118 in FT descrepancy. Yes Mrs. Dre is upset, but even her mother (the in-law Laker lover) called after the game to complain about the officiating and Joey I am going to be the star tonight Crawford.

Disappointing end to the greatest Clipper season ever, but they were never going to win with DJ as their starting center and often injured Blake Griffin who disappears every couple of games.
  6. LA Dre

Well those of you that had to get the bed early, there were four game sixes tonight and all teams leading 3-2 won...and three of the winners were on the road. The Knicks over the Celtics in Boston, the Pacers over the Hawks in Atlanta, the Thunder over Rockets in Houston. The Clippers were the only team not to get a road win, but as indicated they were down 3-2, and all of teams with the 3-2 lead closed it out tonight. The clippers got clipped in that home game on Tuesday as coach VDN could not adjust and since he doesn't have a contract, no one expects him to get it the current one renewed. The coaching decision will determined if CP3 re signs or not.

Have we seen the last of KG and Pierce in Celtics unis?? Probably one or both will be gone. Will Rondo be traded?

Carmelo Anthony finally makes it to the second round.....can he get to the third is the next question.

Can Durant lead the Thunder by himself past the Grizzlies and the Spurs/Warriors to get back to the finals??

Did anyone even watch any of the games between the Pacers and Hawks? The played six games and I only saw part of one of them.... One miscellaneous stat from tonight's game was that Ashton Kutcher, other wise known in the NBA as Kyle Korver, did not hit a 3 ball for the first time ALL SEASON!!! That was 87 straight games this season with a three pointer!!

Funny both the Hawks Larry Drew and the C's Doc Rivers did not know if they would be back next year, but as watched VDN nervously answer other questions on the podium, I don't recall him mentioning his status for next year.
    basketbills likes this.
  7. LA Dre

In closing I am going to steal one comment from another forum that I thought was just hilarious. The guy didn't copy write so I am sure it's ok to post here.

First of all if you watched the Clipper/Grizzlie game you have to second guess lame duck coach Vinny DN as to why he sat the Clippers second leading scorer Jamal Crawford for the entire second half?? Even in his post game comments he was asked what happen, and he said " How do you expect me to score when I only play 12 minutes??

Speaking of Crawford here is the quote I lifted from the other forum

Crawford definitely stepped up today. Whenever the Clippers scrapped together a run, he would get a quick technical call in to stop the momentum. What did he go for 27 and 10 today? 27 foul calls and 10 technicals vs Clippers. Double double for the night. He only had one ejection vs the Clippers, but it was a huge one...CP3. Probably one of the greatest individual performances by a ref that I've ever seen. I hope Memphis honored him with the game ball in the locker room after the game.

Yep the poster was talking about referee Joey Crawford not Jamal Crawford as obviously there could only be one Crawford starring on the floor at a time...
  8. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I tried to watch at least one game from each series in the first round. I saw game 4 of this series. It felt like a regular season game to me. Pretty boring.

Billups was terrible. A shame. The injury effectively ended his career and he should really retire now. Ditto Hill.
    Yep, poorly coached game by Vinny. A litany of bad rotational decisions. He decided playing Odom at the 5 and Butler at the 4 would be a good tactic against Gasol and Z-Bo. Only 9 minutes for Bledsoe who could have kept up with the speed of the Memphis guards. Benching Jamal and playing Grant Hill 20 minutes and in crunch time when he hadn't played a single minute all series?? Not the best time for experimentation I'm afraid.

Why did the NBA even let Joey Crawford back in the league after he was suspended? Once again he decides he needs to takeover and look for any reason to toss out technicals and players. Throws out Paul for nothing and Z-Bo for some jibing with the Clippers bench after the game was all but decided. Ridiculous.
    LA Dre, OLD SKOOL HQ and linwood like this.
  9. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

and he is in RARE aIR!!! 4 other FOUR TIME MVPS: Chamberlain, Russell, Jabbar, Jordan!! .............wow!!!
  10. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I AM SAYING THIS IN CAPS FOR ADDED EMPHASIS::::: "I DARE 'ANYONE' TO NOT WATCH THE SPURS/WARRIORS SERIES!!! I THINK IT WILL BE THE BEST BASKETBALL IVE SEEN IN YEARS!!!
  11. Ernie the Slow Adult

And he and Russell are is the rare part of the rare air with 4 MVP's in 5 years.
  12. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The more I watch him, the more I dislike Chris Paul. He just looks ridiculous when he tried to be tough.
    linwood likes this.
  13. LA Dre

You only wished he was lobbing balls to Drummond and (Monroe if he can ever learn to jump) and then taking over the game in the 4th as opposed to relying on Stuckey to do it. Plus his twin brother can handle the insurance claims of every driver at palace who runs into someone during a one of those snowy nights.
  14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Bulls must be pretty good to get to the 2nd round without Rose (league MVP) and with Deng in the hospital.
  15. LA Dre

They gotta great coach in Thibideau.... I am certain he could have been had in 2009 if Joe hadn't decided to give the Keys to Tablecloth
  16. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Noah is underappreciated.
    linwood likes this.
  17. Ernie the Slow Adult

18. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Noahs' on one wheel.
  19. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

20. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'd take him for sure. I just wish he didn't have this look on his face most of the time that seems to indicate he hasn't had a decent dump in about two weeks.
    The Panda likes this.