1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

2013 Playoffs

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Walter, Apr 18, 2013.

1. McQuack

McQuack Bench Warmer

Ginobili needs to wake up. I think he will retire after the Finals.

2. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

How about the Steve Javie comments. After Chris Bosh catapults into a world class flop after being slightly touched by Tim Duncan...."that's a a good call. The flop had nothing to do with the initail foul."

3. max

max All-Star

I have been on the SanAntonio bandwagon since the 2nd round. They could have really twisted the knife with a win last night. Now its tie at 2-2 , advantage goes back to Miami. And Yes Gino needs to wake up, could not hit the side of a barn lately. Friggen Bosh, guess he is just trying but so annoying to me. I don't know why exactly, just dont like him.

San has to stop that penetration by James/Wade it can break down the best defense. They have all those utility guys, time to start fouling if they get that close.

mikhail1973 likes this.
  4. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Maybe in addition to the $5000 fine, the player should get called for a foul. Right now, there is no penalty for flopping. Does an NBA player care if he loses $5000? In hockey, you sit in the box for 2 minutes if you're caught diving.

mikhail1973 likes this.
  5. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    How about a video review and a tech foul? Although I like the hockey approach better - make them take that player off for a minute or two. A basketball power play would be exciting. Can you imagine a 5-on-3 in NBA?

6. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

A delay of game warning or a tech if you get two of 'em or one combined with an actual delay of game warning.

7. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    I finally made myself watch the 4th quarter yesterday as my 8 year old son asked to see some of the action. Not sure I'll let him watch these finals again after all the orgasmic reactions they had on Wade. Looked like my son was confused about that. But he asked me what team I root for, so now he hates Miami too. So there's that.

max, roscoe36, round and 1 other person like this.
  8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I really like the idea of the basketball powerplay. Not sure if it's a good idea, but fun to think about what it would be like.

9. tnt1960

tnt1960 Bench Warmer

10. max

max All-Star

Eww wow, look at Wade, Dwayennn Waaaade. I don't know why they do that. Totally turnes people off.

mikhail1973 likes this.
  11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Can game 7 be as exciting as game 6?? We shall see. Boy Pop gave this one away by taking out Timmy in the last 30 seconds of regulation and then leaving in turnover machine Manu who had 7 in the game.

Tony Parker made three bad plays IMO down the stretch....took two shots from the outside that he should have passed to Tim or drove around him to score using him as a screen. Then when he was driving to the hoop and mugged by Ray Allen, he had an open man on the wing that would have been an easy score, but he took it to the rim was fouled and then missed a FT. Genobli and Leonard missed key FT's down the stretch.

Bosh grabbed a rebound that he passed out to Allen for the tying three, and then he got two key blocks against Parker and Green. He redeemed himself for a game...

12. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

Awesome game!! Awesomeee!!

Ginobili is sucking big time man.. lol.. 8 turnovers man... retire already man! He only appeared in game 5..
    What Duncan is doing is incredible! Spurs almost win this one playing really bad.. Let's see what happens in 44 hours

linwood likes this.
  13. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Unreal ballgame. I can't believe the Heat won. They've been unable to sustain that energy for consecutive games to date.

I'm drained.

linwood likes this.
  14. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

Absolutely incredible basketball. That was heart wrenching!

Tim Duncan with a signature vintage return. 30-17. Absurd.

Consecutive turnovers put the Heat in trouble in the 4th and then they claw their way back with a few lucky offensive boards and sharp shooting.

Fantastic game, bring on 7

linwood likes this.
  15. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Tim Duncan played absolutely amazing.

Pop made some decisions that had me scratching my head down the stretch. He usually makes the right moves but last night? - ...not so much.
    - sitting Duncan & Parker early in the 4th for what seemed like forever.
    - taking Duncan out at the end
    - sticking with Manu a little too long
    - not having Bonner in at the end when they needed a three (Splitter?)

Miami's P.A. announcer is one of THE most anoying elements in all of sports.

I'm still laughing at sight of all of the Heat fans trying to get back into the building after they left at the "end" of the game.
    That city doesn't deserve a championship in any sport, ever!

S.J. likes this.
  16. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Miami Heat fans were leaving? That was a close game from the mid-fourth quarter on. Are you telling me the fans were leaving with half of the fourth quarter left and their team only down by about 10 or less?

17. linwood

linwood All-Star

Outrageously good game! Sometime in the late third, LeBron missed a layup and called for the foul. On the replay, you could see how Duncan just had his hand in front of the ball the whole time and LeBron never had the shot. Hard to explain maybe, but it was just absolutely perfect defense.

Go Spurs!

18. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Not only were the Heat fans leaving...the NBA trophy staff was already wheeling out the Larry O' Brien Trophy from under the stands, David Stern was practicing his reluctant speech to Popovich and Bill Russell was waking up and getting ready to get out of his seat so that he could hand over the trophy to Spurs owner. Someone was already in the back engraving a Danny Green label to put on the MVP trophy....

I mean this game was over and just like that.. Pop blinked and we were in overtime. You give a team life in OT, they win that game and probably the do or die championship game too.

linwood likes this.
  19. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Yes they were leaving.
    Miami Heat fans leave NBA Finals Game 6 early, not allowed back in for Heat comeback win | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports

And yes, they had begun preparing for the trophy presentation.
    Gregg Popovich's substitutions open to second-guessing after Spurs' Game 6 NBA Finals loss - Yahoo! Sports

20. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

This was a great game indeed. The Spurs fell one rebound short of an NBA championship. I hate Ray Allen, but he just earned his keep with that corner 3. Now the Spurs know what it feels like to be at the receiving end of a Robert Horry 3 pointer.

Game 7 will either be just as entertaining or it will be a blowout by Miami. Spurs missed a huge opportunity.

And Genobili was fouled at the very end. Spurs got ripped off there, but it never should have come down to that.

mikhail1973, coynejeremy and linwood like this.