Lions 2013---Detroit Lion

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by TheeTFD, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

BEAT THE COWBOYS !! :makmiday::6shoot::drum:
  2. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

Romo has been hot, but the Dallas pass defense has been porous.
    Without Ware rushing Stafford, he should have time to pass for 350 yards.
    Our d-line owes us one as they looked pukey last week.
    Last time we played Dallas, they let us back into the game with 2 second half pick-6 plays.
    I'm figuring Romo is due to choke....at least I hope so.

Lions win... 44-24 :)
  3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

How bout that under 0ne minute comeback win by Stafford. He more than made up for the two INT with the 40 yard pass down the side line to Durham and then the 24 yarder to megatron and then the fake downer that turned into the winning TD.

Greatest lions win in a long time. Win a game where they give up 4 To's..... I haven't checked yet, but I think Mega had more yards that the Cowboys had.

Who's sitting next Dez Bryant on the way home?
  4. Nemo

631 yards to 268 yards.......
    Stafford passes for 488 yards......
    Megatron catches 14 for 329 yards...
    On the Lions last play...Stafford signals a spike to stop the clock...
    Instead, he signals Raiola to block forward and he scores a TD...
    Lions have 4 turnovers...Dallas none...
    Dallas kicks 2 FGs of 53 yards...

Lions still win............31-30

Without so many turnovers...Lions woulda won 44-24.........:)
  5. Nemo

Today was a season changing moment for the Lions...

They now HUNGRY............

For the 1st time in a long time............
  6. LA Dre

This was nationally televised game on Fox with Americas' former team Cowboys who almost pulled off a win despite being out gained by almost 400 yards because of Lions TO's, early offside penalties and shoddy tackling by the special teams and cornerbacks.

But alas, the Lions score 24 points in the 4th qtr on a FG and three one yard TD runs including Stafford "stealing home" in the end and gained some respect from the national audience despite the early errors.
  7. Nemo

I told my wife the Lions were gonna win, back in the early 2nd quarter.
    I told my wife the Lions were gonna win after the half.
    I told my wife the Lions were gonna win after the turnover count was 4 to zero...
    My wife went shopping after that point, cause she said I was Jinxing the Lions.
    Most games DRE, I feel like the Lions are gonna lose cause that's how one feels with this team.
    This game...THIS GAME...I felt a change was taking place.
    I DO want to thank Dallas for not running out the clock...........:dancingparty:
    coynejeremy likes this.
  8. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yea, that holding penalty on 4th down essentially gave the Lions an extra 40 seconds. Without it, the Lions would have about 20 seconds to go the length of the field instead of 1 minute.
  9. LA Dre

My wife actually laughed and said the Lions were doomed after Terrance Williams caught that TD and was able to run around the Lion CB for TD to put the Lions up 20-10. When the Cowboys scored again on the second Dez TD, just over a minute after the Lions scored, to make 27-17, I thought it was over then even though there was still more than 6 minutes left in the game.
  10. Nemo

11. S.J.

S.J. Bench Warmer Forum Donor

You all know I understand the game, but not as much as basketball.. Simple because I have played basketball in my life and watch moooore more basketball gamesthan football games.

Yet, I was home today and I knew the Lions played the Cowboys, but they never broadcast the games here (ARG), FOX only broadcast the important games.. but well, I decided to check it out un tv to see which game they show today.

And it was this game! I only catched the 2nd half... but boy, what a half! What a game! I haven't seen a game like this before, for sure. With my emotions so border line, shouting when Reggie Bush lost the ball on a run, when Dez Bryant make that great catch and run FAST and the 2 lions on the floor watching him go...

I thought It was all lost. I checked twitter and Lebron James and Westbrook were all happy with the cowboys win. ( I guess they are fans).

Charlie Villanueva tweeted this:

But then a great catch (another one) by Calvin Johnson and Durham and The Last second touchdown! ... I was just like WOW...

The game ended, Lions won, And I had to study for an exam I have on wednesday but I just simply couldn't! I went on a walk by to let all my "mind blowing" go away... Then I got a call from a friend (who doesn't follow NFL or NBA) but that's another story.

WOW.. I wish they broadcast more Lions games now! Seriously! Now more than ever.

Detroit has one of the worst defense (it seems) in the NFL. But one of the best offenses.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2013
    round, roscoe36 and coynejeremy like this.
  12. LA Dre

The Fox announcers thought the game was over too, and was praising the Cowboys for getting a road win just after they kicked the FG and then kicked the ball off to the Lions with 1:02 left in the game. Brian Billick even indicated that the reporters would have to scurry down to the Lions locker room to get the winning team's comments.
  13. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

That folks is Fandom at its best, and something we've missed with our Pistons for some years.... I feel it growing again, I just hope it springs forth full force this year....

GREAT POST
  14. Nemo

Lions offense is 3rd in the NFL..................up from 7th last week.
    Lions defense is 24th in the NFL...............up from 31st last week.
  15. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Starter Forum Donor

Bush called Megatron the greatest receiver in the history of the NFL.

Not yet.
  16. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yea, they were updating the team's records as if the game was already over. They said, "With the loss, the Lions fall to 4-4. The Cowboys now have a winning record at the halfway point."
  17. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Be careful S.J. or you could end up like me and other nut-jobs around here.
    Monster Win, no doubt !
    The pregame story was about Dez saying stuff about Tron. Then all during the game he is in people faces wanting the ball more.
    I don't understand why Dallas single covered Tron ? Was it to show Dez he has a long way to go ? ! The T/Os almost shot our feet off. But we could go through that Dee like whip cream.
  18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It's tough to judge a defense when the offense turns it over 4 times. Field position for the Cowboys was much better than average and our defense couldn't rest.

Even though the Lions defense ranks poorly by standard metrics, consider the following:

Opponent 3rd down conversion percentage:
    Lions are 2nd best in the league behind KC as they allow 29% of 3rd downs to be converted.

Now, if we are a bad defense overall, you'd think that other teams would tend to have more short yardage situations than not on 3rd down. Overall, we're below average I condede, but it feels like our D has some standout aspects that allow them to rise to the occasion more than other bad defenses out there.

Our penalty yards are way down this year too, which is helpful. We aren't even in the top 50% in terms of penalty yards gifted to the opposition.
  19. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The problem with the Lions' D has been the same for a long time IMO. They give WAAAAAY too much cushion to the other team's receivers, playing close to 10 yards off the line of scrimmage. That catch and long TD run by Williams late in the game was the direct result of their soft coverage.

CB is the weakest link on this team. Everyone knows that. So why not try to make it a bit easier for them by playing closer to the line instead of giving the WR 10 yards of space to accelerate, change direction or catch a short uncontested pass before even coming close to a defender?

Make the receiver fight for every single yard. Bump the hell out of him in the first 5 yards. Slow him down & throw off the timing and give the D-line - our strength - some time to get to the QB.

I also HATE the "Wide 9". Gunther has to go. His explanation for why the Lions CBs never turn to locate the ball was just another pathetic excuse for a horrible defensive scheme.

Oh yeah, and WHAT A WIN! haha
    linwood likes this.
  20. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I guess going to Pettigrew on 3rd and short was just too easy as they stole 2 passes going to him.
    That was our bread and butter !