2012-2013 Michigan State Spartans Football

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Darth Tater, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Bad loss. Ugly season. It was
    worse for Michigan fans. After taking a butt kicking against Nebraska They were hoping the Spartans Would take care of the business They weren't good enough to take care of themselves. So much for the Rose Bowl fellas. The Spartans blew it. Who cares about a bowl game at this point? Poor coaching. Poor execution. Sounds like the eagles to me. I don't think they have much confidence in Maxwell or he has much confidence in himself. Next year the defense will be gone too.

But as an aside, My kid and a couple of friends were at the Boise State game doing some charity work. After their work was done they Watch the game. The Boise State fans Acted like children. They were flipping them off and telling them to shut up. They were threatening to tell ushers That the kids were swearing. But it was the adults that were flipping them off and cussing at them. But the kids flung zingers right back at them And made them look very stupid. The adults were threatening physical violence. Let L But my kids made up a story that his father worked in law firm and with sue their butts off. Some old lady said isn't it past your bedtime to one of the kids. So the kid retorted isn't it getting past your bedtime? Pretty funny stuff. Boise State lost the game. They very rarely lose at home and were very miffed Because they feel they are entitled to win every time there. But the kids were smart enough to get out of there with a minute to go. The people told them that they had no business being at the game if they were not going to root for Boise State. Boise State fans were at the Michigan State game and talked about how pleasant the people were there. Go Michigan. Idaho sucks. Now do you see why I hate this place? Green-acres I Telia. Greenacres.
  2. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Well, at least MSU didn't lose today.
  3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

MSU's season is a tough one so far.

Point spreads in regulation against all non MAC opponents.

Boise St: +4
    Notre Dame: -17
    OSU: -1
    Indiana: +4
    Iowa: 0
    U of M: -2
    Wisconsin: 0
    Nebraska: -4

That's pretty crazy how many close games they've been a part of. Ignoring the ND game and the MAC games, they are +1 point in regulation on the season.
  4. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

As Michigan wins their game and becomes 8-3.......I pondered the plight of MSU today.
    Those 5-5 scamps are losing 20-13 towards the end of the 3rd quarter.
    Laveon Bell is powering his way with a 3.5 per carry average.
    Scott Mitchell Maxwell is just below 50% passing percent.
    looks like life is back to normal.
    that bodes well for my fantasy team sunday.
  5. Darth Tater

MSU sucking doesn't propel Michigan to an above average team. Things are not the same. Nebraska is the new sheriff in town. Plus Michigan fans are now delighting and Spartys failures. You used to look down on Sparty for that sort of thing and said that you would never resort to it Because you were above it. Michigan will need to earn be top dog over Sparty. One year will not do it. It never did it for us.

Looks like my prediction will be coming true. That is, if sparty can beat Minnesota. Five and five and a pizza bowl type bowl. But you are right. Maxwell is a joke.
  6. Nemo

Michigan 11-2 last season............8-3 this season.

We're back.
  7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Another close one for msu. Nw, should have won last week too. They are pretty good. I can't ever remember a season with as many close wins and losses as msu's.
  8. Darth Tater

That makes it even more difficult to swallow. That is not bad luck. They just don't have it in them. The defense has to be tired of it. The offense is never helping them out and usually put it down in a bad position. I don't watch anymore. I'm assuming it's Maxwell. Is the problem the receivers instead? Or both?

At any rate, a very disappointing season.
  9. Darth Tater

Honestly, Nemo. I think the Big Ten is not so good. They have not been for ages.
  10. Nemo

You are correct...for the last 15 years we have not had both UM and OSU as powerhouses. The Rivalry game has been less than a national matchup. MSU had their chance, but lost too many important games and never made it to the BCS. I think that it's great that there is no SEC team in the top 3 rankings. I also believe that the Big Ten.........and ND are ready to assert themselves. I like the idea of Gardiner being the #1 QB next season.
  11. detteam

detteam All-Star

You can't pin it on Maxwell. There have been many dropped passes this season, the O-line is not good, and the play calling has been hideous. I still think Bell is the best RB in the country but his opportunities have been limited by the rest of the offense. One of the only bright sides to this season is Bell will probably stay for his senior year.

Meanwhile, Dantonio better get busy finding a new OC because Roushar flat out sucks. I'd love to see MSU pony-up enough cash to lure Don Treadwell back from Miami-Ohio
    Darth Tater likes this.
  12. Darth Tater

Yes I think you are right on all those things. But it is easier to just blame the quarterback. Lol
  13. Darth Tater

Do coaches in college football ever fire their assistant coaches for sucking?
  14. Nemo

I really like Bell and would like to see the Lions draft him later on.
    I also like Maxwell and If he and Bell are back next season.....then hopefully, they shore up their O-line.

Play calling and dropped passes has been their doom in the games I've been able to watch.
    I really thought that MSU was going places this season...mainly a BCS Bowl game.
  15. detteam

detteam All-Star

Major step back this season. Except for ND, it's almost impossible to comprehend the 5 other losses by a total of 13 points.
  16. Darth Tater

Michigan State beat a crappy Minnesota team. Now we can look forward to a crappy bowl. Great. At least one more year of our crappy quarterback
  17. Nemo

18. detteam

detteam All-Star

Buffalo Wild Wings coming up in a few hours.

YEE-HAW!
  19. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It's going to be a late night, eh, detteam?
  20. Nemo

In Abu Dhabi...game time is 8:00 am..........Michigan time will start the game at 10:00 pm.