U of M 2012-2013 Michigan Football

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Nemo, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

LeVeon Bell got 68 yards on 26 carries. A 2.6 yards per carry............He really pooped out this year. UM rode him like a mule. :crutch:

Denard Robinson got 96 yards on 20 carries..........Not typical Denard Numbers but I'll give him his wings. :angel:

Congrats to UM.............

2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I didn't not watch the game due to "hiding under the bed". I was already thoroughly disgusted with them after the Iowa game. I guess all I missed were a few field goals, Huh?

Ok, Mr. "All is well, Im loving it" Tell me, what is their final record going to be At the end of the year? What kind of bowl do you see them In...sounds like you are anticipating a doozy! They usuAlly lose their bowl games. What does your Rose-colored crystal ball tell you? You go ahead and make your predictions. Then I will make mine. This will be fun. :)

3. detteam

detteam All-Star

My score prediction was much closer than yours. FTR, I'm not the sunshine blower you might think. You, on the other hand, are more critical of MSU football than any Wolverine I've ever met. What's up with that?

The defense is solid but I can offer no season prediction as long as Roushar is still OC.

4. Nemo

Actually, I'm predicting...........

4. Nemo
    5. Bill Laimbeer
    6. Baseball Time
    7. Mojo Drath

I made this prediction for Fantasy baseball on May 11th.
    The actual standings for the league were.............

4. Nemo
    5. Round
    6. Bill Laimbeer
    7. Mojo Draft

Kinda scary...........My prediction skill...that is.......I probably should let my crystal ball cool down first. :)

5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This falls into the "even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" category.

6. Darth Tater

I think It is To say that roushar Is not going to be fired midseason. Although he should be in my opinion.

I don't think it's wrong to criticize your team. There are a lot of Pistons fans in here who Have criticized the pistons up-and-down. But they are great fans I think, nonetheless. To me being a fan Means hoping that your team wins. Buying their gear. Searching for articles related to them. To me it does not mean Ignoring their weaknesses or Not criticizing Them. It means feeling crappy when they lose. I am a pessimist by nature true enough. Look at the teams they lost two. Look who they lost to this week. They suck. Maxwell does not look to Me like a leader. Our Offensive Cordinator is horrible in my opinion. I questio many of his calls They beat Boise State for me and when I watch the games. Michigan State seems Able to score over 14 points in most games. 14 points! To me A team that does that sucks. Honestly if you want to call me or imply that I am a bad fan Because I think this is unacceptable football Then so be it. Hey beat Boise State for me and I will Forever be grateful to them.

Please forgive the typos. I use the Siri function on my iPhone And I fix some of the mistakes But it just doesn't not worth it to Me to go back and correct everything. Anyhow, let's get back on topic if you don't mind.

7. Nemo

Sports Writer Tom Dienhart makes his projections for the Bowl season.
    I certainly don't see Michigan in the Rose Bowl yet, but it's nice that others do.
    Nice to see MSU get a prestigious Bowl as well........

Here is my ninth look at where your school may be bowling over the holidays.

BOWL GAME MATCHUP TOM’S PROJECTIONS
    Little Caesars Pizza Bowl
    Wed., Dec. 26 @ 7:30 p.m. ET Big Ten No. 8 vs. MAC Northern Illinois vs. Minnesota
    Meineke Car Care Bowl of Texas
    Fri. Dec. 28 @ 9 p.m. ET Big Ten No. 6 vs. Big 12 West Virginia vs. Michigan State
    Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl
    Sat., Dec. 29 @ 10:15 p.m. ET Big Ten Nos. 4-5 vs. Big 12 TCU vs. Northwestern
    Heart of Dallas Bowl
    Tue., Jan. 1 @ noon ET Big Ten No. 7 vs. C-USA Tulsa vs. Purdue
    TaxSlayer.com Gator Bowl
    Tue., Jan. 1 @ noon ET Big Ten Nos. 4-5 vs. SEC South Carolina vs. Iowa
    Outback Bowl
    Tue., Jan. 1 @ 1 p.m. ET Big Ten No. 3 vs. SEC Georgia vs. Nebraska
    Capital One Bowl
    Tue., Jan. 1 @ 1 p.m. ET Big Ten No. 2 vs. SEC LSU vs. Wisconsin
    Rose Bowl Game presented by Vizio
    Tue., Jan. 1 @ 5 p.m. ET Big Ten No. 1 vs. Pac-12 USC vs. Michigan

8. Nemo

But I found 3 nuts in one quick find............:)

9. BillLaimbeer

You have used up your quota. Your next correct prediction will be in 2016.

10. Darth Tater

I don't see why Michigan would not go to the Rose Bowl? They have to take SOMEBODY in the Big Ten. IF Michigan wins today they go. Who is better...or to rephrase the question...who is less worse? (Sigh...yes. I do realize that was poor grammar).

11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Now you see how valuable Shoelaces is to the Wolverines as the once he went down yesterday, the backup QB Russell Bellomy could not move the team at all completing 6 completions out of 16 attempts.....the bad is that 3 of those 6 completions were to the Cornhuskers.... Bellomy looked like he hadn't taken a snap all season.

The question is once Hoke saw how bad Bellomy was, why didn't he go to converted WR Justin Gardner at QB? They division lead was on the line, so why not go with last years back up QB......The game was tight and Nebraska's second half scoring was result of the interceptions and the Michigan defense that had to stay on the field due to Bellomy's failure to move the ball. If the nerve damage does not heal itself in Denard's arm and elbow, I would be having Garner taking snaps in practice come Tuesday.

12. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

From an interview a few weeks back I took it that Bellomy would be the backup for any game, and that Garner would be the long term backup if Robinson was really hurt. (Thats me reading between the lines).

As far behind as Gardner is at WR, they probably don't want him having to double dip everyweek in practice. It would be unfair to throw him to the wolves mid game, and I can respect that.... but I sure hope if Robinson can't go this week that Garner is the starter.

13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It would have been better to snap the ball to Toussaint every time. That was as ugly as it gets.

That was the last thing I needed to watch (recorded on the DVR) after watching the Tigers puke on themselves.

14. Nemo

Nice game to watch as Denard is sitting and Gardiner became the starter today. I've always prefered his style as he resembles a more conventional QB. Michigan up 14-7 at the half against a chippy Minnesota team who is also 5-3. Nice to see a game where one player isn't responsible for 80 opercent of the offense. Gardiner will run, but only when flushed out of the pocket. Lots of contributors today. My favorite UM game of the season so far.

15. LA Dre

Looks like the Wolverines have learned how to win without Shoelaces. 35-13 over Minny to retain the Lil Brown Jug. After three straight 3 and outs to start the game, Gardner was finally able to move the ball against the Gophers who seem to have all the momentum and field position in the first quarter.

16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Good call going back to him. I guess they just needed a week to refresh his memory of the QB spot after they committed him to WR.

17. BillLaimbeer

Nice win for the Wolverines today. Gardner looked very good for most of the game.

18. LA Dre

I agree Bill, he looked a traditional QB back there in the pro set compared to the hesitant handoff or run option that they run with Robinson.
    How many Michigan fans had this one in the Loss column when the Wolverines were behind by 3 with 18 seconds left in the game and more than 50 yards from the goal.

Michigan's D was thoroughly tested today with the option play and the Wildcats backup QB who was 6 of 7 with two of six completions going for TD's.

To bad for the second week in a row, Nebraska benefits from a bad call and stays tied with Michigan for the Legends lead but holding the tie breaker.:cheeky-smiley-012:

19. Nemo

Gardiner should remain the starter with Robinson becoming a wingback. Having both in the game will really expand our options. Michigan may not make it to the Big Ten championship, but they're having a good season.
    At 7-3...they're proving that they've shook off the Rodriguez blues.

LA Dre likes this.
  20. LA Dre

I thought about that too....if DRob can't throw it, put him out there as a decoy and maybe hand it off to him once you got the D confused. Definitely play him in the Buckeye and bowl games at one of the positions.