U of M 2012-2013 Michigan Football

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Nemo, Apr 18, 2012.

1. detteam

detteam All-Star

Sounds about right. Toussaint should be able to pick up more than 7 yards against these guys to make the UM offense look more balanced.
  2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Gardner is itching to play some QB I would imagine. So, yeah, the 4th quarter is probably his.

Running Denard a bunch would be foolish b/c of the potential injury factor, but when he does run, he'll probably have a field day.
  3. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

AP rankings......................OSU = #16.....UM = #18.....MSU = #21.....NW = #25
  4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Wolverines win by 50 and drop one spot in the
    polls....
  5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

From 63 points to 6 points....what a difference a week and a team make.....Six TO's will do you in...especially when 5 are committed by your number one star..

Two of M's TO's occurred in red zone and add that to Michigan missing a FG, you could say that the Irish did not win the game, but Michigan gave it to them.

Because both Clemson and Oklahoma were losers to ranked teams, Notre Dame by default will move into the top 10. Any other week the Fighting Irish may have dropped a spot in the polls with a win like this.....after all, Michigan dropped a spot last week after beating their opponent by 50.
  6. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

wow !
    glad i didn't watch
  7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That was perhaps the most frustrating game I've ever watched. 5 INT's, a fumble, 2 red zone massive losses on sacks, and 3+ critical drive screwing or ND drive enabling penalties. The offsides to get them in FG range in the 4th quarter was the coup de grace.

UofM got nothing out of the red zone.

Mich led TOP 33min to 27min
    led first downs 19 to 14
    led total yards 299 to 239
    led boneheaded plays 8 to 1

The positive is that the defense looked really good. The offense actually looked good too I thought (except for the same mistake repeated over and over). At least it wasn't a big ten game, because that is for sure the goal of this season now.
  8. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

UM gave it away, but ND gladly took it. Secretly, Hoke can't wait for Robinson to leave so he can bring in a guy that can make decisions in the pocket.
    Nemo likes this.
  9. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

You guys should set up a series with Boise State now that the Irish dumped you. The fans constantly trash you. You can shove the football down their throats to shut them up.

I will be rooting for the Wolverines big time!
  10. max

max All-Star

It puzzled me so I looked up the rivaly histories. State has a losing record against them at 28-46
    Michigan State–Notre Dame football rivalry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and Michigan a winning one at 23-16.
    Michigan–Notre Dame football rivalry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Interesting fact that the Michigan - Notre-Dame rivalry has a long history of stopping and starting. Last stoppage resumed in 1978 so I guess it was about due to stop again.

In the last 10 years Michigan leads at 6-4 while state is even 5-5
    Past 5 years Michigan leads 3-2 State trails 2-3

There is that Megaphone trophy State and Notre Dame play for?

Overall looks like State-Irish have a better rivalry with Irish usually getting the better of it so it makes sense for the Irish to dump Michigan and keep State if they have to choose.
    LA Dre likes this.
  11. Darth Tater

Michigan State beat Michigan four years in a row. They can't do anything to change the distant past. That is all Michigan has. They are the only ones that cling to what they were way back when. Notre Dame has moved on. So has everyone else.

Until I see Notre Dame Dump some other teams in the Big Ten, I will believe, as will many others, that it was personal. Their excuses for dumping them were pretty lame, don't you think? They couldn't just come out and say we hate them. Michigan Fans can act like, oh we didn't need them anyway, but We all know the truth don't we?
    TheeTFD likes this.
  12. max

max All-Star

Michigan. State beat Michigan 4 years in a row? These things go back and forth over time - I can't see how thats related to the Irish.

Here the truth is in the numbers. Irish have a longer history with Michigan State and State has usually been easier for them to beat than Michigan. Given the history of suspending the series it does not seem that abnormal.
  13. max

max All-Star

I think there is only one other big ten team that plays Notre Dame? They are yet to decide.

http://www.indystar.com/article/20120925/SPORTS0602/120925032/Purdue-Football-No-word-whether-Notre-Dame-series-will-continue-
  14. Darth Tater

Notre Dame canceled their games against one team and one team only. Michigan. Sure sounds personal to me. Michigan didn't like the way Notre Dame did it, did they? Is Michigan being oversensitive? I don't think so. They got beotch slapped. In front of The entire world.

No more Notre Dame for Michigan.
  15. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Getting frisky in here.
  16. Darth Tater

For my part, I was enjoying a little playful bantering with Max Over Michigan and Michigan State And using the Notre Dame series as a vehicle toward that.its kind of traditional.

But if Notre Dame can put an end to its Traditional rivalry with Michigan then I can end mine with Max. If it is perceived as "frisky". It isn't a big deal either. :)

Let's see. Michigan State plays Ohio State this weekend. There aren't any "buckeye fan"s around here for me to engage in..uhmmm..."friskerizing" with are there? ;)
  17. max

max All-Star

They will cancel Purdue as well when they can. Notre Dame is no longer a lone wolf from what I understand - right? They actually joined a conference and will have to play within that for many of their games.

To sum it up. Dame could only keep one team out of the big 10 and they chose State because they have a longer rivalry ( played twice as many games than Michigan ) and secondly ( and quit honestly ) State has been easier to beat. When you play out of conference hopefully you can bring back a win.
    Nemo likes this.
  18. Darth Tater

Did you just break the "Frisky" rule?

Tsk tsk (if you did).

Are you saying that The real reason Notre Dame opted out of their series with The university of Michigan Is because they are afraid to play your team. Really? Do you suppose they Did not see the Alabama game? Well, Maybe they will change their minds because They beat your team Right after they gave notice.

I forgot. Where is the university of Michigan ranked right now in football. I cannot seem to find them in the polls. Must be a misprint. Scared You say? Too funny.
  19. Woody

Woody All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Notre Dame dropping Michigan had nothing to do with their upcoming conference relationship.
    Notre Dame is NOT a part of ANY conference with respect to their football program. Other sports, yes,
    but not football. They're remaining an independent with respect to their football program.

As far as who's afraid of whom, you're welcome to chatter about that as you wish.
  20. Darth Tater

Woody!!!!!!!!

I'm thinking of doing a hockey League this year just for you. So stick around You cranky old goat.