2012-13 Michigan Wolverines Men's Basketball

Discussion in 'Other Hoops Talk' started by LA Dre, Nov 28, 2012.

1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Wrines handle Penn St. But must go to Happy V. where Penn is awful. The radio had said they were 15-0. ??? wrong 7-18
    Whiskey crushes O.S. they should move up another 5 notches t0 #15
  2. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Listless, apathetic.
  3. coynejeremy

Darth, please. I went to BYU. Stick a sock in it.
    Nemo likes this.
  4. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

BYU? Bacons Yummy University...isn't that somewhere In Utah? :)

Well, wrong thread, but does anyone besides Jeremy know what part of a pig bacon comes from?

(A) in general?
    B) (In the United Statesy) ?
    (C) Canadian bacon?

I needed to look up the answers but according to different sources....spoiler below...

Warning: Spoiler alert,

Spoiler coming up...

(A) from the back and sides of a pig

(B) from the belly and stomach of a pig

(C) the loin or back (although different countries call it different things)
    In Canada it is from a penguins butt. J//K

But really the answers are more varied and complicated than that (which is why Jeremy got his Doctorate degree in this field)

Jeremy, would you mind moving these posts to the Bacon Thread? We inadvertently kind of trashed this one.
  5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I hate to quote my own post, but I will anyway....
  6. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Wrines whoop Illini, Hoos-ier lose but will stay ahead of UoM in Big10 ranking.
  7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Four straight losses on the road for the Wolverines.....21-5....no chance for a nunber one seed, unless they win out vs Sparty, Purdue and the Hoosiers. MSU and IU are in Ann Arbor and they are 16-0 there and 8-5 on the road.

Today they blew a 15 point second half lead to Penn State who had not won a conference game all season (now 1-14). Too much dribbling by Burke and Stauskus when they should have been going to the hole or feeding the pass to a driver. The Nittany Lions went to the FT line 27 times and converted 20 of them. The Wolverines were 11/20 from the FT line. The capper and momentum shifter was a behind the arc toss where the Lion player got fouled with a crazy shot that Kobe, Wade and Bird would have appreciated.
  8. Darth Tater

How does THAT happen???? Penitentiary State??? I thought it was A typo at first.
  9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'd prefer to get knocked out of the tournament as a 2 or 3 seed than a 1 seed.
  10. LA Dre

To assure that they would not get knocked out as # 1 seed, the game would have to be in Ann Arbor. In fact if they beat both the Spartans and Hoosiers at home and then lose that middle game on the road to the Boilermakers, then they might want to demand that an opening round or regional final be played in AA
  11. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Looking at the polls 2 days ago UoM was 4 in AP and Coaches but 10 in UPI or Fox or something. Home court making a big diff.
  12. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Was listening to "PTI" yesterday, and they talked about this game. Wilbon was asked about it and he said the problem was "coaching." Couldn't agree more. Beilein is a mediocre coach. Has Michigan ever had a GREAT coach? Not in my lifetime. A coach that infuses his teams with mental toughness? Imagine if Izzo had this team. They wouldn't be losing to Penn State on the road. In college, it is much tougher to make the argument that the players are responsible. The coach is much more integral at the NCAA level. Beilein and his staff have not done nearly enough to get this team ready for the Big 10 battles. Their one-dimensional offense will not fare well in the NCAAs. They are a lousy rebounding team, too. Rebounding, defense and blocked shots are largely about mental toughness. This team doesn't have it. I can't remember a Michigan team that has ever had it, except for maybe the '89 team.

Beilein is signed through 2016. Please, please, UM, don't extend this guy. Go out and get Brad Stevens from Butler.
  13. BillLaimbeer

I think Beilein has done a tremendous job at U of M. He has brought the program back to relevant again. Be careful what you wish for.
  14. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

he might be able to recruit, or he might be lucky, Beeline.
    because all the other UoM coaches before him couldn't.
    If Butler coach can recruit here, then get him.
    Let's see what this team does in the tourney before we lop Beelines head off.
    Something tells me the seedings in this years tourney won't make a diff. As the field will be very balanced. Ball or go home.
  15. coynejeremy

I'm pretty confident Brad Stevens could have any job he wants. And if he had wanted to bolt for greener pastures, he would have done it by now. Not that he's never leaving, but he's not skipping town tomorrow to go coach the Wolverines.
  16. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

While the lose to Penn State was beyond weak.... Look around the country this year and almost all teams have atleast one bad lose. IU just lost to Minn (who we beat on the road), Mich is in a funk, and I think they have been for a few weeks.... but lets wait till the season is over to run the best coach we have had since????? I can't remember one.
  17. BillLaimbeer

[​IMG]
  18. Darth Tater

Which team needs it more??

Michigan coming off a loss to lowly Penn State?

Sparty having lost two in a row?

Let's just say they both want the game equally.

Michigan will come out meaning business. They take a double digit lead but Sparty roars back . But michigan gets it together with the fans backing them. It comes down to two minutes.

Michigan with home court wins the game. I got the scoop straight from Wiggles!! Michigan by five with a couple of clutch shots.

But still..which team needs this game the most?

I'm not sure. It should be fun. You won't beat us by two dozen points but it counts the same.
  19. LA Dre

During the month of February, the Wolves came out flat in most games and seem unprepared and had to come back and win the games that they won in the second half. . The games on the road, it appears that the teams have figured M out. Shut down Trey and then slow the Wolves down before he gets a chance to set up and you might get the them to take a bad shot or even a rare TO.

The first sign of trouble came when Morgan went down with ankle injury on Jan 27th vs Illinois. They won that game and the next one at home vs the Wildcats, but really missed him in the Buckeye, their first loss of the season. They went 3-4 in February ...three wins at home and four losses on the road. Morgan did not play in the losses to OSU and Indiana, and less than 10 mins in the Spartan loss. He played well in the Penn State game, but the Michigan perimeter defense was bad in the second half and the offense was thrown off by the zone defense that the Nittany Lions put up to shut down Burke's penetration.

Also it appears that GRobIII plays better at the Crisler Center.

They need to fix something before Sunday's game vs Sparty.....the good they are 16-0 at home, and 3-0 on neutral courts... the bad they are 4-5 on the road
  20. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

I don't want to get rid of Beilein. Not yet. I either want him to become a better coach or leave after his contract is over. Maybe he could take a class taught by Izzo about infusing mental toughness into your players. Course, why would Izzo teach a class like that?