1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

2012-13 Michigan Wolverines Men's Basketball

Discussion in 'Other Hoops Talk' started by LA Dre, Nov 28, 2012.

1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I thought giving Burke the Wooden award was just added pressure right now.
    So far so good !!!

2. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

They sure felt the pressure the last 10 mins, I felt they got tight and stopped what had gotten them the lead on offense, with 10 mins left you can't run clock to run clock... Burke has to show up better monday night along with the rest of the starters or it is going to be ugly I'm afraid.

Hoping now that there the underdog again they'll play lose and more like they did vs VCU and Florida.

3. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

If Cuse's offense hadn't been so anemic down the stretch, UM's fate would have been similar to the regular-season loss to Indiana at Crisler. I give Beilein credit. He prepared the players to attack the zone. One large coaching error I believe was made was UM not putting more defensive pressure on the ball before half court late in the game. They just let Syracuse bring the ball up without any pressure. What? Are these guys too tired to play full court?

Go for the jugular!

Trey needs to play much better against Louisville.

4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

They were just missing ft's. Other than that, i thought the end game was decent. The defensive pressure was ratcheted up and the refs were allowing a lot of pushing, so a few turnovers are expected.

5. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

READING these posts, I cant believe a team with 5 freshman in its top 8 players are allowed to even be in the A , much less allowed to play for the National Championship! Whatever happened to our state pride???This team went 20-0 against the nation and 12-6 in the Big 10 season.......They lost at Indy, OSU , MSU and Wisconsin!!!!! This has been a GREAT YEAR...but i guess some of yall could have done better...ADVANCE and SURVIVE! ANALYSIS at this point is for the birds!

Nemo and BillLaimbeer like this.
  6. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think you meant SURVIVE and ADVANCE. That was Jimmy V's credo, at least.

I don't see any pressure on the Wolverines. With every win, they are far surpassing any expectations that anyone had for them. Even if it goes bad tomorrow, it's been an amazing run for this team.

7. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

didnt want to plagarize! lol

8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

One thing for certain if off to a lead, they can't panic like the did last night down the stretch and cannot let Louisville back in the game like the Shockers did. I think they only blew one big lead all year and that was to Penn State. The games they fell way behind OSU and Indiana they got back in but extended to much energy.

Lost 2 games to IU, 2 to the Badgers, one each to OSU , MSU and PSU.

Lost one game on a neutral court and lost one game at home.

Last time I checked Louisville was outside the big10, so the odds may be in our favor....

Stauskus and Burke had 37 points in the victory over Florida....and only 7 in the win over Syracuse....in fact Stauskus didn't score at all and Burke only hit one bucket....if that happens Monday this team will fail.

Up to Burke to live up to playa of the year honors with a double- double and penetrating to find not only Mitch, but get GR3 off too. If Burke and HardawayJr are leaving after tomorrows game, they better go out in style...

9. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Best offense in the nation.

10. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I think Michigan will defeat Louisville. After that kind of miraculous victory over Kansas those kids were playing with unbelievable confidence. But that finish against the Orangemen wasn't good. But I think they got the choking out of their systems rather than the winning.

Either way a great run for the Wolverines. It's good to see they stepped up for the state in a rare Spartan off year.

FWIW: Hey, you know, I cannot root for those guys or I lose my "green card" . :) But I will give you this, I certainly have not rooted against them the entire tournament. take it or leave it...

Best of luck!!!

11. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Michigan 78 - Louisville 64............:)

linwood likes this.
  12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

78- 76 M

13. LA Dre

Win # 32 will be an all time record win the the Wolverines and of course a national championship.

In the ESPN Poll, 11 Blue states picked Michigan 38 red states picked the Cardinals and 1 was undecided. Ohio was even red.....

Hold the Cardinals below 60, it could be win #32 and cheers from Atlanta to Ann Arbor

Now is the time for all of us get together root for Michigan
    [​IMG]

TheeTFD likes this.
  14. LA Dre

What happen to our Michigan championship chat?? Go Blue

15. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

win or lose..I'm just gonna enjoy this game. Like I posted earlier, next year this team will be better-why? Spike!!!!!!!!Baby!!!!!!!!!!

16. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

38-37 at the half M

17. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

this is THE worst officiated championship match in basketball history!

18. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Siva was this year's Mateen Cleaves. A senior who would not let his team lose. And again, just too much Trey Burke. He is a great player but it was too much one on one for me. BUT the calls in this game FOR BOTH TEAMS took my fun out of this game. Especially on Burke's block of Siva..GO BLUE!

19. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

82-76 LouiCards
    Too many offensive boards for Cards.

20. LA Dre

Louisville was favored and they got the job done, much to the delight of the symphathy of voters across the nation. Not even the presence of all fab fivers in the house could the young Wolverines overcome their lack of toughness in the paint. They need to recruit BIG

Two calls in the first half to point out.....the first ball that was definitely a goal tend and then the phantom call on Burke that caused him to sit out 12 minutes in the first half. Sitting him for 12 minutes was Beilines worst mistake and cost them the game IMO. I mean Spike was doing his thang, but not having Burke in there during the 14-3 close out was just atrocious says the guy who has only coached 3 games in his life.

Michigan basically played 5 on 7.....with the refs and the Kevin Ware sentiment playing with the five BB players on the court.

Every longggggg time out Pitino out coached the Bielien coming back to play. As soon as Hancock hit the first two threes, Coach B should have called a time out and put Burke back in

OLD SKOOL HQ likes this.