1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

2012-13 Michigan Wolverines Men's Basketball

Discussion in 'Other Hoops Talk' started by LA Dre, Nov 28, 2012.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It's possible that we could have an all Big 10 final four. OSU, MSU, IND, and MICH.

If all matchups are a coin flip, then the odds of this happening are about 1 in 256 (since 8 things need to occur to make it happen).

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You are correct...I actually have Michigan beating MSU in the finals of one my ESPN brackets (M beating IU, and MSU beating OSU in the semis).

Of course in the real world Michigan may wind up playing tourney darlings Florida Golf Coast in the regional finals..

In other news both Minnesota and UCLA fire their coaches because they can't advance to the sweet sixteen...so Tubby and Ben Howland out..

3. detteam

detteam All-Star

Tubby didn't deserve it. It's fricking Minnesota out there :cold:

4. detteam

detteam All-Star

Pretty certain the officials will not allow an all B1G Final Four to occur (no matter how well the Big 10 teams play), but I invite you to get in the PF.com NCAA Second Chance bracket pool :smile:

Yahoo! Sports Second Chance Tournament Pick'em

Click 'join a group'

Group ID: 13737
    Password: potato

5. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Ohio State is in so far but it isn't looking good for Indiana at the half. If they lose (down 34-22) that leaved it up to the Michigan teams. I think both are capable of advancing. I'm looking at Michigan in the final 4. Michigan State won't get by both Duke AND Louisville. Assuming Louisville advances can they? Really tough bracket. . I'm hoping both Michigan teams advance. Even three Big Ten in the Elite would be very nice. And given Tays theory Indiana can be the refs sacrificial lamb... The lamb is not to be confused with an..ahem...escape goat. :)

6. LA Dre

I am still in first place for now, but since IU was my champion, I am out now of the final PF tourney...unless....

but alas I am still alive in my two ESPN brackets where I had Louisville and Michigan as the champion. Also have the Wolverines winning the whole thing in my Second Chance tourney. I had the Orangemen taking out the Hoosiers, but I also had the Miami beating Marquette.....so looks like I am tied for for first there with Nemo and Detteam

The Orangemen were too athletic for the Hoosiers. Cody Zeller just dropped a few notches in the draft pool IMO. Didn't he get blocked 3 or 4 times?

7. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

When I turned the game off and went to bed with 3 mins to go I think they said Zeller had been blocked 6? times.... I think IU was the better team but looked totally unprepared to face the gimmick Zone that has made them famous. They had 10 TO's before they had 10 shots.... Yes its players that play and make plays but it goes to the coach for this one, they looked unprepared to start the game.

8. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Gimmick? They play it every game, every year. They are fast, athletic, smart, and they work together great as a team. Literally thousands of teams play a 2-3 zone all around the world. No one plays it like Syracuse, though.

9. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Don't take the word gimmick as an insult to the team... Just mean that its something that very few college teams play so its probably the first time this year that IU had to play against it in a game situation.

You are right that nobody plays at as well as Syracuse, but like all defenses there are way's to beat it... with IU's Center in the hole at the top of the paint they should have been able to move the ball to open spots for quality looks and they didn't. They looked confused and scared and they played like they had no idea what was happening or how they wanted to attack it. Like you said Syracuse has used that as there hallmark defense for years, so for a coach to have done anything but work on breaking that zone for every min of practice since last weekend shows bad on him.

10. BillLaimbeer

I think Northwestern plays this defense, as well. So, Indiana should have seen it a couple of times this season.

11. LA Dre

If
    If it worked that well, can the Pistons borrow it and install for next season?? Do we have the coach that can implement it and the players that can run it?

12. BillLaimbeer

The answer is no. The NBA rules do not allow the zone that Syracuse plays.

13. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

BALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NIGHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!! WINGS, BEER, CHIPS, SWEET POTATO FRIES AND VERLANDER FOR LIFE!!!!!!!! WOOHOOOO!!!!

BillLaimbeer likes this.
  14. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

That guy just popped McGary in the ding ding!!!! Took refs 10 minutes to sort it out!

15. BillLaimbeer

Crap. I forgot that game started already. Time to get the remote control working double-time!!!!

16. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Burke trying to hard to be the One Man Gang.......aGAIN!

17. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. linwood

linwood All-Star

What a game! We should have a chat for the tourney. This is where all those future Pistons will come from .

19. BillLaimbeer

We were chatting during the UM game (I mean the Pistons game) tonight.

OLD SKOOL HQ likes this.
  20. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Thats right, Lin...come on in!! hey hay HEYYYY!!!