2011 All-Stars thread

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Walter, Jan 31, 2011.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Looks like Kevin Love got the snub here unless he is named to replace Yao...

https://responses.nba.com/servlet/formlink/f?gIHQURBCVGf6be6990G11VHgKjLnpIIkxNLjpFhgQgLl

[​IMG]
    East
    Ray Allen, Boston
    Chris Bosh, Miami
    Kevin Garnett, Boston
    Al Horford, Atlanta
    Joe Johnson, Atlanta
    Paul Pierce, Boston
    Rajon Rondo, Boston

West
    Tim Duncan, San Antonio
    Manu Ginobili, San Antonio
    Pau Gasol, L.A. Lakers
    Blake Griffin, L.A. Clippers
    Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas
    Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City
    Deron Williams, Utah
  2. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

Nice of them to gift Duncan a spot this year. I suppose his legend status and that team's success is enough.

Heard from Adrian AntiLeBronowski that Nash was most likely to replace Ming on the team.
  3. LA Dre

The west already has a five good guards in Kobe, CP, Westbrook, Deron and Genobli...can't expect Blake to get all of the boards and Duncan would just go through the motions.....give it to spot to Love or Aldridge
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That would be one of the biggest snubs in history.

There have only been 2 rebounding leaders since 1980 to not make the all-star team as far as I can tell: Michael Cage in 1988 and Ben Wallace in '02. When Cage led the league, it was only in RPG, not total boards. Love has a gigantic lead.

Love is currently averaging 15.5 rebounds per game. Since 1980, Dennis Rodman is the ONLY player who had a higher rate.

In addition, Love has an offensive game that is miles ahead of Wallace or Rodman and in the top 20 in the league (16th in ppg at 21.4 points, and #2 in the league in offensive win shares). There are only 3 players in the NBA who score more than Love who didn't make the All-Star team (Ellis, Gordon, and Martin).

I can understand the fans not voting him in, but the coaches have to recognize.
  5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The depth at forward in the West is crazy. Some incredible players are going to get left off the team this year.
  6. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Aldridge is having a monster year as well, he is carrying that team in Portland. What a shame he didn't make it. It will just help him work harder. I have alot of respect for Aldridge...he's a great player, and a good person from I can tell.
  7. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

A shout out to Luis Scola as well. Without him, Houston would be competing with Sacramento & Minnesota right now.
  8. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

9. LA Dre

Kevin Love gets the nod to take Yao's place, so at least Stern recognizes a good player when he sees one.

2011 NBA All-Star Game: Kevin Love Selected With Last Spot, Will He Start at C? | Bleacher Report

Andre Miller Questions Blake Griffin's NBA All-Star Credentials: Fair or Foul? | Bleacher Report

Isn't this the same Andre Miller that threw a heavy flagrant foul on Griffin at the beginning of the season and was suspended for a game.:sssh:
  10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'd take him over Love on the Pistons. Love has some flaws and should be elevating the TWolves to more wins. But still, his numbers are eye popping and it would have been incredible to ignore the importance of rebounding by leaving him off the team.

Also, his .440 3-point average is pretty stellar for the NBA rebounding leader. Pretty sure that has never happened before. We're talking Dwight Howard, Dennis Rodman, Mutumbo, etc. Laimbeer could shoot 3's, but he led the league in total rebounds in 2 different years and shot 0% and 28.6% from deep in those years. His career high was .376.

All in all, he had to be recognized. You have to wonder how much Rambis and Laimberr are helping this guy. He now has an edge and a seriousness every single time he steps on the court.
  11. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Greg Monroe having some fun. Here are his first half stats in the Rookie-Sophomore Challenge:

7 points, 3-4 fg, 1-2 ft, 3 reb, 3 ast, 1 stl
  12. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

The dunk contest has been silly. Just dunk. Why do we need such theatrics? The players were great but all of the extra activities were a bit too much for me.
  13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Griffin had a car backstage and 30 gospel singers waiting for his final dunk.

You really think he was going to get cut in the first round? The whole thing could have unraveled if he would have timed out though.

His dunks were nice, but it had a rigging vibe to it all.

Derozen's were pretty sweet I thought. Especially the first one.

Some of those gimmicks were brutal. The kid acting with the teddy bear?

I think that a good modification would be that 1 point gets deducted for each failed dunk attempt. It's minor, but it adds about as quickly as the crowd loses interest.
  14. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

If McGee has saved his first 2 dunks in the final round, he would have beaten Griffin. But that if only he can make it into final round. But looking at his last 2 dunks in the final round, he might have been.

Griffin's dunk over the car is nothing spectacular unless he dunk over the the roof of the car, not the hood. All the dunkers out there in the competition could have dunk over the hood of the car.

Ibaka was robbed over his 1st dunk. Although the dunk is nothing new, but the difficulty was there as he took off at the free throw line (his foot was behind the line) where as both Dr J & Jordan took off after the line.
  15. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

I doubt it. It takes alot to stop people from voting for their favourite player. Griffin is the new hot thing (and rightfully so) and McGee is fairly unknown. Griffin might have won even if McGee 360 dunked five balls from the FT line.
  16. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I read that in your drunk voice and I AM CRACKING UP...WE ALL SHOULD do that more..A thread for drunk rants only...LOLOLOL:pound:
  17. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

two words: HOLLY WOOD!!!!!!
  18. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

"Now you can send them both back to the prop room" - Barkley
  19. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

ESPN measured his traveling distance to get over the car and up in the air and concentrate on catching the ball and not hitting his knee on the front of the car at :71 inches!!!!
  20. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

But his mom is still hot as HELL>>..I remember watching the McGee twins playing at USC BEFORE Cheryl Miller got there. Man, she was fine then and looks better now...but, so do I.