MSU 2011-2012 Michigan State Spartans Football

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Darth Tater, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

This just isn't going to happen. MSU is a very good team, but they don't show up (A). When it guarantees or pretty much guarantees them a Rose Bowl spot. They don't. They just don't. Usually, in fact, they don't show up Big Time. (B) They also don't show up in Bowl games. This time Sparty will barely miss, I think. I'm flip flopping the score.

But this team will finally win one in the Outback bowl. They CAN beat South Carolina and I think they will beat South Carolina. In a close one. But MSU will win that. And Cousins and the other guys (including the coach) deserve that, at least.

Wisconsin 31

MSU 27

By the way, I'm hoping things fall so that Boise State is left out of the BCS. I'm worried about that Houston game (I can see Houston messing things up by losing, but I also need U of M to make it into the top 14 to keep BSU out).

Also Stanford needs to win.

I think if Okla-ooooooooak laaaahommaaaa upsets Oklahoma State that will be good too.

None of these has any bearing on MSU as I can see. Now...don't get me wrong. I DO see MSU as more "deserving" or "worthy" of a BCS position than U of M (they did whoop on them after all, but as fate would have it, I am forced to actually hope that U of M gets in to slay a common foe (one that hates the Big Ten and beats one really good team the entire year and then whines the entire rest of the season how they should be BCS Busters and then uses as "indisputable proof" of their claim the fact that they upset Oklahoma some year during the Great Depression).

Well, you'll need to excuse me. I need to leave now as my family is going to some annual event in Boise, Idaho. Oh...not the Nutcracker or a Christmas Light festival. We are going to the local Wal Mart to watch a tape of the game Boise State-Oklahoma Fiesta Bowl game from the Franklin Delano Roosevelt era on a gigantic television located on the roof of the building. Well...maybe this IS the Nutcracker (or Ball Breaker) after all...

2. detteam

detteam All-Star

Don't usually make score predictions but I'll make an exception for this game:

Michigan State 34

Wisconsin 23

3. Darth Tater

Go detteam!

I wonder if the Spartans were deemed the "Home team"? I think maybe they are. If so, I hope Dantonio lets them wear their Combat jerseys.

4. detteam

detteam All-Star

Pretty sure they are the home team but doubt they'll wear the combat uni's. I'm guessing the all green home jersey

5. Darth Tater

The way things are going right at this moment...Both Boise State AND Michigan are going to get in the BCS....:deathstar1::swear2:

6. detteam

detteam All-Star

yep...home team

[​IMG]

7. Darth Tater

8. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

:falloff: :boom: :eek: :gaah: :wink:

9. Darth Tater

I think now I'm hoping for Oklahoma State to beat Oklahoma so TCU can move into the top 16 maybe if Oklahoma loses and drops..

Now that Houston lost it is possible (not probable, I think) that they will also mve down enough for TCU to take over.

Baylor losing to Texas would help, but they are winning right now.

I hope LSU comes back to beat Georgia.

The only spot that will likely be vacant at this point for sure for TCU is the loser of the Sparty game dropping in the BCS poll out of the top 16.

Interpretation: If TCU can move from #18 to #16 or better in the BCS Bowl they will be an automatic qualifier. Then Michigan you would hope, would be picked over Boise as an at large.

Oklahoma getting knocked down would open up a spot also for TCU. Georgia getting knocked out by LSU would help TCU too.

I think Kansas State winning is bad too because they stay in the top 1 most likely, but Boise would be picked as an at large over them.

I just HATE BSU as you can see. Boise needed some luck to go to the BCS but they always seem to have it except for on missed field goals by their own kicker.

Oh and by the way:

GO SPARTY!

10. detteam

detteam All-Star

11. Darth Tater

Nice theme, but didn't the Spartans LOSE at the end of that movie?

12. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

No, 30 000 or something more Spartans showed up at the end and butchered the Persians to honour the courage of Leonidas and the fallen 300.

13. Darth Tater

Looking at the score from the end of the first quarter, don't you mean 30, 000 Wisconsin's showed up to watch the Badgers butcher the Spartans??

14. detteam

detteam All-Star

Halftime now. Oops, I'm sorry...you were saying...?

15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Brutal ending. What was he thinking? They were getting the ball back with tons of time and only down 3 points. You don't need to block the punt! The return after the flag just made it that much more painful.

If MSU gets in quickly and Wisconsin had a chance to answer, that would have been a classic.

16. Darth Tater

My God!!!! A 4th down Hail Mary, A foot out of bounds barely, A punter hit. i was praying before the play that they wouldn't hit the punter. I want to break something. Horrible. I need to puke.

17. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Can't really blame it on the roughing the kicker play....they just could not contain Russell Wilson who was able to elude tacklers and make two long cross the field passes that beat the sparty defense and he even squeezed in a 2pt conversion when he should have been taken down. The guy looks like he should be playing on Sundays!! Great season for the Spartans!!!

18. Nemo

Spartans had a magical season, but they didn't pull a rabbit out of the hat this time.
    They gave up too many points today. I did predict 38 points for the offense.
    Spartans had no business giving up 42 points to those guys...
    Interesting now...to see who goes to what bowl...........

19. detteam

detteam All-Star

Agree. I feel like puking.

20. Nemo

I enjoyed the pregame intro that was made for this game.
    They are really trying to make this a special event.
    My concern now for MSU is that this letdown could carry over into next season.
    Especially with Cousins leaving.
    I certainly hope they beat up whomever they get in a Bowl game.