2011-12 Michigan State University Basketball

Discussion in 'Other Hoops Talk' started by detteam, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Planned a big day today for the wife. Not much on in the way of sports except for a meaningless basketball game between MSU and OSU. Let's see.......MSU shoots .37% from the floor and scores 58 points. Sounds like Big Ten basketball to me. How did the other guys do???...Wow......24% shooting...14-59 from the floor. Yuck........looks like MSU stuffed these guys defensively. OSU only scores 48 points. That's brutal. Looks like OSU left their heart in the lockers................Nice job........State..........:)

2. Nemo

3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

4. Nemo

I think the teams enjoy playing up to my expectations..........:)

5. Nemo

Big Ten basketball season is starting to wind down. Nice to think in terms of Michigan winning the Big Ten title this season. They haven't done something like that since 1985. We're kinda like the MSU of basketball.

Anyways. Michigan has 4 losses, MSU has 3, and OSU also has three losses.
    Each team will be picked to win their remaining games, but there are two games left amongst the 3 top teams in the Big Ten. Michigan plays OSU at home this Sunday. Michigan is 14-0 at home this season. A win there and OSU joins us at 4 losses. MSU plays OSU for their final game. An MSU loss also gives them 4 losses. I certainly can live with a tie for the title.

Let's see how all this shakes out................

6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Looks like the Spartans can wrap up the Big 10 regular season title Tuesday with a win over the Hoosiers. The Wolverines and Buckeyes are a game back. The Wolverines missed a chance at an undefeated home season getting zinged at home by the Boilermakers yesterday.

7. detteam

detteam All-Star

With the thumping of Nebraska last night, the Spartans now own at least a co-championship. Two tough games before the B1G tournament: Tuesday at #23 Indiana and #8 Ohio State next Sunday.

8. Nemo

Spartans have only 3 losses in the Big Ten. Michigan and OSU each have 5. Looks like all three should get a decent seeding (top 3 seedings) in the NCAA tourney. MSU may get a 1 seed. Hopefully all three are placed in different brackets and at least 2 of them make it to the final four. If Hardaway can get his shooting touch in time for the NCAAs........Michigan will make some noise. State will make noise simply cause they have IZZO.......

9. Darth Tater

This guy thinks MSU is a #1. He indicates your home bias got in the way when U ranked U of M getting as high as a #3 seed. Maybe if this was football they would hand it to them but not in basketball. U of M will need to earn it. :biggrin:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basket...n_ncaa_mens_tournament_projected_field_022712

10. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Sparty is down 10 points early to the Hoosiers. This should be an exciting game...ESPN

11. Nemo

down 14 at the half............

Sparty shooting 2-5 from the FT line..........
    Indiana shooting 16-18.............there you have it.

12. BillLaimbeer

Sparty wasn't ready for that type of physical play. They get one more chance for the outright Big Ten Championship.

13. Nemo

14. detteam

detteam All-Star

Home calls (Payne got 2 early fouls), but that wasn't the whole story. They got out-hustled and couldn't hit shots. There was one trip down the floor they had 3 offensive rebounds and didn't score.

This game should be a major wake-up call heading to the dance. First-things-first. tOSU on Sunday for the outright conference title

15. Nemo

Funny.....you started out this post stating that, "This guy thinks Sparty is a #1". Then they go and lose to Indiana and fall back to being a #2. On a lesser note, this guy had Webber St. coming in as a #15 by winning their conference tourney. He feels they're the best team in their small mountain conference. Well....... Webber St. just lost to the University of Montana by 15 points in the final game of their regular season. That allowed Montana to take the regular season title...and host the semis and finals of the conference tourney. Well........Montana went 15-1 in their conference and should come out of this tourney as a #15 seed. This could match them up against MSU in the opening round..........a #2 vs a#15.........One last thing...they're known around here as the U of M.............................

16. Darth Tater

Also, Speaking of previous posts, you stated

I tried to color code to match all of your ridiculous statements.

I say......

(1). Awwwww... How cute that you guys would be so happy to get all cozy with my team and share the big Ten Title. MSU has other plans. Only one game left. Beat OSU on our court, and MSU will, and your boys are done in the Big Ten.
    (2). Yes. He DID think that Sparty was a #1. Either way, that doesn't change Michigan's standing with him. I didn't say MSU was #1. Just sharing somebody's recent projection.

Oh, stop whining about a name.

(3). They are also knownn around "here" as " scUM".

(4). Tough road game against Indiana. MSU got stomped by a good team. Good wake up call. And NO. You are NOT like the MSU of basketball. You've won nor shared any titles yet. And you won't this year either.

(5). Montana. Seriously. You want MSU to worry about some school they aren't even scheduled to play...at least not yet! Where is ontana located? Southern Cannuckia? :laugh:

Look, if you have enough time to research and write this nonsense, then you have plenty of time to join a weekly baseball league. Go sign up, Mr. Krabs. ar ar ar ar ar.....

17. Nemo

It's amazing my post from a few weeks ago where I sighted that UM could finish in a tie for the Big Ten Title with OSU and MSU. Still could happen. All MSU has to do is LOSE another game. That would be two in a row. YIKES>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

18. Nemo

Last day of the regular season and Michigan won their game.
    If MSU loses.........then there's a 3 way tie for the Big Ten Championship.
    I'd rather see MSU win and get a #1 seed, then have Michigan gain a 3 way.
    Darth told me he also doesn't like having a 3 way.............
    I'm gonna predict 2 Big Ten Teams for the final 4.
    You'll be surprised at one of those choices.

19. Nemo

I'm here to congratulate MSU on their co-championship of the Big Ten Basketball season...
    Your ability to close out the campaign in style is an inspiration to us all...............

Bwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......................................................

:gettinghanged: :cold: :falloff: :good: :greenapple: :help2: :shootingsoldier::darthvader:

20. BillLaimbeer

Ohio State is a good ballclub. Perhaps a 3-way tie is the most fair way to end the season. It should make for an interesting B1G tourney.