2010 Fantasy baseball Trash talking thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by round, Apr 6, 2010.

1. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

No doubt. I finally agree with Darth on something.
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I think I finally picked up a win again. Against a top team too.

Thankfully, Montero is on the mend, which is good because Bengie Molina has been atrocious.

If I can get my pitchers all on the same page for a week, I have a pretty decent team, mid to upper tier.

Now the hard work of climbing the rankings begins.
  3. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

I have the opposite problem.... my just love my pitching its been more then solid ever week but the 1st...

Now my batters, there so hit and miss, 2 weeks ago they all showed up and if i got that kind of effort all the time, we could just hand me the trophy right now, to bad more times then not they all say let the pitchers save us.

I revisit the worst week of my season this week, so I hope for a bitter better results then the 2-7 week I had against LLL in week 1.
  4. roscoe36

[​IMG]

See, that is how you start off the week. By getting a win from your FA acquisition, 7-0 (now 8 game winner) Carlos Silva.

Of course, performances like this are wasted playing DiaperTime.
  5. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yeah, you're right about that one. The only trash talking I can do is posting my team's standings, because it's garbage.:hanged2:

P.S. Nice pickup of Marcum. I logged on to grab him a few weeks ago and you had just beat me to it.
  6. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Man, I just can't catch a break.

I benched Theriot this week because he was benched and looked like he was going to lose his starting spot and all he does today is go 2 for 3, score 4 runs and steal 2 bases.

The guy I replaced him with went 0 for 4.

I hate fantasy baseball! I'm putting my team up for sale on Ebay.
  7. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

How is it that I'm in 8th place? Bad matchups.

Totals out of ten teams:

Runs 5th
    Home runs 9th
    RBI-2nd
    Stolen Bases-2nd
    Average-2nd

Wins-5th
    Saves-3rd
    Strikeouts-6th
    ERA-6th
    Whip-9th

Seems like I should be more in the middle of the pack. I suck...but not as bad as it looks.
  8. BillLaimbeer

My team has really frustrated me. I drafted some serious offense, but these guys have been terrible.

Texiera...sucks
    McCann...sucks
    Werth....sucks
    Pedroia....sucks
    Holliday....sucks
  9. roscoe36

Albert Pujols is on the block. I am willing to trade the #1 O-Ranked, now 18 ranked on the season (still pretty damn good) 1st baseman for a top 60 (current overall ranked) and healthy 2nd, 3rd baseman or shortstop.

If you feel first base could be better, or you have space for Pujols as your UTIL batter, this is a pretty good pickup. Unfortunately for me, Joey Votto is putting up Pujols esque numbers and I really need help in the infield, since I have other decent bats I can play at UTIL other than Pujols.

Let me know.

Also, if you really want Pujols, I will listen to trades for an elite OF or Pitcher, but the player has to be top 25 to near-match Pujols top 18 ranking.
  10. roscoe36

Microwaves made a lot of moves this week, executing two BLOCKBUSTER deals, sending Pujols to Let's Play Two and CC Sabathia to The Machine.

Also, free agents Jonathan Niese and Aubrey Huff were added to the roster. Niese, a pitcher with a 5-0 record in his last 5 decisions, and Huff, one of the best combo 1B/OF in the league.

While we are sad to see Sabathia and Pujols go, particularly since they helped pound the living daylights out of Lets Play Two this week, our team is much deeper, and poised to build on the success of the last 7 days to make a run into playoff contention.
  11. round

yea whats with that... i help out a fellow league memeber.... and the player joining my team beats the living tar out of me, and because the player i sent to him in a 2 for 1 deal was coming of the dl i couldn't even adjust my roster without dropping somebody :gun1:

but i think the trade made us both better for the playoffs, and my players have long memories.... we shall have our revenge.
  12. roscoe36

Save Pujols until you need a big week, then trade him. He was seriously under performing this year until I bought him a bus ticket! lol
  13. BillLaimbeer

Yea, it's important for Rascoe to have a strong team as he watches the playoffs from the sideline.
    :pound::pound::pound:
  14. roscoe36

I am going to move into the middle of the pack record wise after this week. One more good week, and I can break out and start solidifying a playoff spot.

This league has a couple front runners, and then just about everyone else is clumped together around .500.
  15. BillLaimbeer

Your team should be ready to spring to the front now that you got rid of that dead weight Pujols....
  16. roscoe36

He wasn't dead weight, but he was my best trade chip to get a really good SS.

Pujols and Votto have had almost identical production and Votto missed some games this year.

SS, 2B and 3B, Catcher are much harder positions to fill than 1B and OF. I mean, I just picked up Huff, who is a combo 1B/OF who is a top 50 player on the season. Yes, I probably scooped some people, but those gems are out there all season long.
  17. round

yea i have been looking for a catcher since day one.... mine is ok, but would love a "good" one, i was really startin to think getting 3 solid SS's was going to be a mistake but finally was able to get something in return for 1 of them, hasn't hurt that most the season I have been able to bury one of them on the dl though.
  18. roscoe36

I stupidly drafted Votto and Pujols, but it did give me some trade fodder.

I know some people don't like the trade, but thats tough for them. I did what I needed to do to improve my club.

Plus, Rollins is a Philly, so I can probably trade him to Darth for all of his best non-Phillies.
  19. BillLaimbeer

I noticed that Yahoo is posting the All-Star game stats to our fantasy players as the game is in progress. I know they will be erased by tomorrow, but it is kind of fun to see how many All-Star players each team has in its lineup.

Actually, as of the 7th inning, 8 of the 10 teams in our league has either 2 or 3 guys that have played in the game so far. One team (Rascoe) has no players into the game and another team (yours truly) has 6 players that have played.
  20. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

My Phillies had a spot of bad luck in the first half of the season, but we are primed for a second half run at the playoffs!!! I'm pumped!

:cheerleader: