2010 Draft Watch

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by KGREG, Jan 13, 2010.

1. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

The player I think would fit best is Derrick Favors... he's got the quickness, length and skills to be the mobile big we're lacking... there's plenty of room for an uptick... he's only a freshman.

Cousins has risen on most draft boards (currently #3 on ESPN)... Favors could fall in our laps.

Here's a comprehensive database of Mock drafts
  2. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Favors hasn't shown anything yet. Monroe is not a lottery player. Aldrich is Eric Montross 2.0. Cousins........scares the heck out of me, a real head case, but he could be a dominant big man.

Said it before, I'll say it again...Evan Turner, if you like what Tyreke Evans is doing in Sac-Town, you'll love Turner.
  3. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Not sure what your definition of "hasn't shown anything" is...
    11pts... 8 boards... 2 blks... 59% for a frosh big is impressive.
    I like everything about him.
  4. Brap

Brap Starter

Has Turner gotten all his mobility and athleticism back after breaking his neck?
  5. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Merc, those are numbers, but have you seen him play. He's not getting it done the way you'd expect a guy of his "hype" would get it done. I like him as a pick if we land around 8 or 9.
  6. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

18.5 pts / 8.1 rbs / 5.75 asts and shooting 55.4% from the field, while playing the PG spot at 6'7". He leads the team in points, rebs and asts, and OSU is back in the top 12 since he's returned from the injury. BEST PLAYER IN THE DRAFT HANDS DOWN! And that includes John Wall. You know what the irony is....he and Rip would make one helluva backcourt....:pound: With Rodney Stuckey playing backup combo guard.
  7. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Since Greg has been puking Turner Turner Turner over the last two months, I have payed better attention to OSU games (even though I hate to watch them), and he is right. Turner is a complete player. Gets it done in ever aspect of the game. Both ends of the floor.
    And, I believe, much less of a head case than John Wall. I've said it before, I dont think Wall is mentally ready for the fame and fortune of the NBA. I hope he proves me wrong, as he has a boat load of talent.
  8. S.J.

S.J. Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I'm agree with you about Evan Turner BUT..

You should trade Rip and Stuckey so you can make room for Evan.
  9. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

I think that's over the top. If the Pistons get the #1 pick, it's not debatable... they will take Wall. He is supposed to be the sure thing. Dumars isn't passing up on that. After that, they can go in a lot of different directions.

Also, if Dumars does draft Turner (or Wall), Rip is the one moving to the bench... or better yet, out of town.
  10. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

If he didn't sit on the bench for AI, he for sure won't sit on the bench for a rookie.

That might be the more plausible scenario.
  11. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I'm thinking we'll pick up a couple more guards since we can't move our guards for a big... we can play one at every position.
    Stuckey can't play PG so we'll move him to the 5.
    We'll start our 210 lb Daye at PF (since our big FA signee isn't worthy of starting).

Sorry man but we all know what the real need is.
  12. hitafreethrow

Merc, I totally agree with you there. Our major need is center. BUT, I feel when you have a team that wins under 30 games (which is a great possibility), we need to draft best available player. We cant pass over another Wade for another Darko. Our biggest obstacle is either letting Bynum go, or signing him to a very very reasonable contract so we arent stuck with so many guards we cant trade any of them. Tay will be worthy of trade next year, JJ can play the four, Turner could play the 1, 2, and 3. It really is hard to say at this point.
  13. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Yeah, ur prolly right [kicks dirt]... damn I'm tired of this BS front court.
    Been loyal to a fault for Joe but he sure has a hard time filling the big position...
    I want to see a legit post presence... anyone saying Kaman isn't good needs to see a shrink... drop step, hook both hands, rebounding, mobile, passes out of a double, midrange, allstar etc... it's not his fault he wupped Darko's ass everytime (if the shoe fits).

New slogan... "Big or Bust"
  14. hitafreethrow

Merc, I totally agree with you there. Again. Bring Kaman back to Michigan.
  15. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Would Wall still be the #1 pick if Stuckey were coming out this year?
  16. hitafreethrow

Turner only put up 29 points against a solid Purdue defense. Only 29. He good.
  17. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Pistons are currently the 7th worst team record-wise with 19 wins, but there are three teams with 18 wins. A nice losing streak right now and they could easily slide to the #4 spot.

Turner would likely be selected 2nd if the draft was held today.
  18. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

If we win 1/2 our games for the rest of this month, March looks like we'll be hot on the lotto trail.
  19. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I'm good with a top 3 pick, Wall, Turner, Cousins. While Favors is good on paper and in draft workouts (just like YKW was) as often as I've watched G-Tech this season he doesn't display early lottery talent, I wouldn't take him in the top 5.

Like Merc has said many times before, move the pick for froncourt help, but top 5 protect it in 2010 and unprotected in 2011.
  20. Brap

Brap Starter

Cousins might be exactly the player we need. He's a beast. If he grows up - and lots of young troubled guys actually do that, you know - he could turn out to be a better version of Kendrick Perkins.