1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

2010 Draft Watch

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by KGREG, Jan 13, 2010.

1. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

2010 NBA Draft: Source: Memphis Grizzlies, Minnesota Timberwolves close to swapping draft picks - ESPN
    Could be typical GM pre-draft BS. Everybody is happy where they are until they make a trade.

2. Brap

Brap Starter

BTW, just so we "never forget" because what we did should never be forgotten, what a huge tragedy it was for Pistons getting hot down the stretch, costing us anywhere from one to four draft slots. Just disgusting. We might pay for that stupidity for the next decade.

3. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

If we walk out of this draft wth Ed DavisI'm going to be :gun1::gun1:
    I'm a JoeD supporter all day long, but if all he pulls out of his hat in this draft is another player that gets us excited a year from now because he added 5lbs of muscle in the off season....Boy I tell ya......I give up on the guy.

4. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

There is a chance Monroe falls to us if Golden State takes Udoh.

5. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Hmmmm. while I'm not sold on Monroe's KoolAid like I am with Cousins'. If we did get Monroe Sac may be open to a trade of the 2 picks, Maybe Monroe + Rip for Cousins? Monroe+2011 1st rdr for Cousins? Monroe+Stuckey for Cousins?

6. Brap

Brap Starter

Okay, it's official. Right at this moment (subject to change the very next moment on a whim), I think the Pistons should draft.......

Davis. We need a big man who rebounds and who clogs the lane. We also need to suck for another year to get another very high pick in 2011 and to make sure that it's Joe's highest priority to trade Tay and then Rip the following season. Drafting Davis, who isn't ready to help right away, but who has great physical ability and upside, fulfills both of those "needs."

I'd pick Davis even ahead of Monroe. I hate Monroe's measureables (speed and agility) suck - plus he's got the reputation of not caring that much. We need a warrior in the paint. Actually we need warriors in the paint. If Monroe isn't a warrior, he won't help us where we need help the most. In fact, drafting him would doom us to be soft team forever (where forever = a year or two at least).

If I'm wrong about Monroe's warriorness, then by all means pick him.

I wouldn't pick Aminu. We need big men, not more hybrid 3's.

7. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

You do know you're talking about ED DAVIS right? Not Dale or Antonio Davis, But Ed Davis, all 190 lbs paint clogging, Ed Davis.....Trade down or out of the draft altogether if that's the best you can do Joe.

8. Brap

Brap Starter

Yeah, I know. It's very hard for me to be pumped about this draft. I'm not convinced that about any single player projected in the top 8. I think Wall's flawed - super potential, doesn't have the game to match it yet - Turner can't shoot at all - Favors is super raw - Cousins (really want to trust your franchise to his psychology?) - Monroe (passive and not athletic) - Davis (total projection) - Aminu (can't shoot even a little). The best player in the draft for right now might be Johnson. I'm not excited about ANY player we could pick - at least not from a "sure thing" perspective.

I'd pick Davis simply because where we're picking, his skills fit our needs down the road.

I fear that we are arguing and positioning over a bunch of players, none of whom will be the real deal.

9. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Why are we even tripping over this draft when we got the young Dirk Nowitzki and Karl Malone sitting on the bench? Pick a name out of hat for all I care. It almost seems like the Pistons need less players and not more.

10. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Watch it Ernie, I have feelings you know. When you're wasting away in the desert of a sub .500 season it's only natural that you see mirages. Cactus' look like Beyonce from afar, Daye looks like Dirk, a flat land of sand looks like a hydro-oasis, Summers looks like Karl Malone, Rodney Stuckey is a PG........Demarcus Cousins is the next Moses Malone, Ed Davis is a paint clogging super rebounder.......boy are we delusional or what? Dam we really got it bad don't we?!?!?!?! LOL .......

11. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

You forgot the part where they sign Brendan Haywood with the MLE as the last piece of the puzzle to put them over the top.

They got to come out of this thing with a legit rotation player. Position doesn't matter...........

12. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

With the 7th pick I only see Udoh or George being that player. As of today, JJ is our starting PF, I think Udoh could challenge him for that spot, still have a huge hole at center if we can't work a deal to get Cousins.

13. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

At this point I'm hoping for Cousins. Next preferences are Monroe, Udoh and Davis.

Although I'm really liking the idea of Udoh more and more if we can't get Cousins.

PISTONS: Prototype Piston?

14. Brap

Brap Starter

You know, I'm wondering aloud right now if we aren't giving too short shrift to Patrick Patterson. Patterson is in a lot of ways one of the best athletes in the draft. His measureables from Chicago are quite strong. He's got good size (not great for PF but good - 6'8" w/o shoes, is one of the better leapers and has the best agility and sprint speed for his position among the guys mentioned in the lottery. The kid sure knows how to play, and obviously wouldn't be a negative on offense.

I don't think we're going to get a sure fire prospect at #7, but if we're looking at Davis and Udoh, it seems to me that Patterson could be considered there too.

15. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

Patrick Patterson at 7 is a severe reach. He's one of those players who will be solid, nothing more or less. He doesn't even give you the allure of potential.

The Udoh article is hilarious to me though. I could care less if he fit some "team identity". The question is whether or not he's the best player for the team at our draft slot. The success ratio for older players around the lotto isn't so high.

16. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

But Joe does, and that's all that's going to matter in the end.

17. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

For the sake of this franchise, let's hope not.

Although I thought the team identity was stockpiling incompatible swingmen.

18. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

You're getting warmer.

19. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Bingo! You're pretty sharp!

You have to understand the silent climber and the joker's face. A much tougher Grant Hill. It's kinda neat...saving the best for last.

20. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

I just need to get on record saying we should take Brian Zoubek in the 2nd round. He's big and he rebounds. Fool proof.