2010 Draft Watch

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by KGREG, Jan 13, 2010.

1. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

First of all, he plays for Pistoia, which is only 2 letters away from Pistons. That might ease the transition for him.

Seconly, his scouting report is amazing...
    In summary, he disgruntled, likes to shoot 3's (even though he hasn't attempted one in 8 games this year), is very weak, has two hands with independant motor control, is improving despite his 39 year old age, and he rejected playing for the Clippers. Oh yeah, and he has a cool name... "Gregor."

Overall, he is a very intimidating presence and would bring back memories of Rick Mahorn:
    [​IMG]
  3. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

It would actually be pretty cool having a minature 7-inch tall guy on the team. He'd get through screens pretty easy and would draw a lot of fouls.

...nit-picker! :movingon:
  4. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

LOL :pound:
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

[​IMG]

If Dumars made the same mistake Ian Faith made and screwed up inches and feet and ended up signing a 7 incher to a 5 year $50M contract, would he get fired?
  6. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Only if the little guy was accidently "trod upon" by dwarves.

Any time you have a chance to draft a 7" tall Center, you gotta make that pick. Imagine what it would do for ticket sales.

...and Coach Q could go really small with his lineup.
  7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

From a pure economic standpoint, you'd think signing Gregor would pay off for the jersey sales alone.
  8. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

He would put quite a strain on the forum language filter though.
  9. CarlosGallan

CarlosGallan First Round Draft Pick

Years ago(2004) Gregor was great,he won euroleague in barcelona with bodiroga,navarro and jasikevicius,he was inteligent player and tall but too soft for nba.
    He was a PF version of T.Prince,great profesional and intelligent, but not nba body for center or PF.
  10. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

This might be the best reason to sign him, and is probably the reason that the Clippers made him a contract offer.
  11. cj54

cj54 Second Round Draft Pick

Thanks for the rundown KGREG, good to hear some info about the draft prospects. But now I'm so excited about turner that I'm gonna be disappointed if we don't land him :winner_first_h4h: :crying:
  12. MJO77

MJO77 First Round Draft Pick

Turner? wtf?!?!?!
    Assuming neither Rip, Stuckey, BenGo, or Bynum are not traded, why the hell would Joe take Turner? Even if he does trade one of them, there would still be the same logjam at Guard. Add that to the fact that after this season, our only big men will be CV and Maxiell... that's it(you can count JJ if you want too...).
    This draft we need to go BIG!
  13. SonicD 43

SonicD 43 First Round Draft Pick

But if we have a high draft pick and it looks like we will what makes more sense drafting the best player available or drafting out of need. From what I am seeing the best big man on the board is a 7 footer from europe. I don't know about you but I would rather not see history repeat itself.
  14. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Yeah, we need to go big, but that BIG player we need isn't in THIS draft, what's in THIS draft is about 4 or 5 wing players who can flat out ball. Let me ask you this, If Portland called and wanted to do a trade that would send us Brandon Roy, would you say NO? Because we already have Bengo, Rip, and Stuckey? I think not! You would welcome Roy and figure out the rest later. Turner, Aminu and Johnson are 3 guys getting it done and will be STARS in this league. The crop of Bigs in this draft are shaky to say the least. Derrick Favors may be the closest thing, but he's only 6'9" and he's a freshman AND he hasn't really lived up to the hype.....Yet......Drafting Favors would be a gamble and I think Joe's done gambling in the draft.
  15. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

QFT. What's Darko been up to lately? Anyway, the Pistons don't have the excuse of a 'ship or even a good record to get out of drafting a potential star because we already have a Rip or a Tay. It's a mistake I'd hate to see us repeating.
  16. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I'm with KG on this one. Grab the best player available and then you can wheel and deal all you want. We won't be championship contenders for another 2 years anyways. And in summer of 2012, Tay and Max's contracts would already be off the books and we'd be entering the year with Rip, Gordon AND CV in the last year of their contracts. With those assets, Joe can pull off any trade he wants. We'll probably be back in business in 2014.
  17. MJO77

MJO77 First Round Draft Pick

Yea I definitely don't think that dude is anything special. Even his initials are the same as Darko's lmao.
    Yeah I would take Roy. I would love Aminu if he's there at 3-6ish. Actually, I really wouldn't mind Turner or Aminu or any of these awesome prospects. I just think it would be in the best interest of the team if they go big. Even if they do make some trades, what big can we really get for a crippled Prince, Old Man Rip, and Kwame Brown? One guy I think people are overlooking is Ed Davis, who I think will be stud at PF in the NBA.
  18. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I agree about Davis, but notice you said the word "think", not a single big in this draft has shown that they "will" be a star, the gamble on bigs is so huge in the draft, ask Portland, classic example (twice) of why you take the best player whether he fills your particular need or not.
  19. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I'm ok with Turner as long as there's a plan to get a quality Big.... if it requires moving BG then so be-it.
    Think Stuckey will go into his contract year willing to be our backup PG/SG for the next 5 years?... we could just flat out lose him for nothing.
  20. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

We only have to move either Rip or Bengo and then we've got something special. Personally I'd love to see a future 3 guard rotation of Stuck, Bengo and Turner. Bynum will eventually be gone too (not this season though), but he's going to make a great piece of trade bait, maybe even enough to convince someone to take on Max or Rip's contract.