2010 Draft Watch

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by KGREG, Jan 13, 2010.

1. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Well we've discussed John Wall. We're not guaranteed to get the #1 pick, but there are some serious players to be had in the first 5 picks of this draft.
    • The kid at Wake Forest, Aminu is pretty good too.
    • Wesley Johnson at Syracuse.
    • And Derrick Favors has a very high ceiling.
    • And we haven't even gotten into the big guys like Ed Davis and Greg Monroe yet.
    While Wall may not be available, we've got to get a top 3 pick because my favorite player (and as a Michigan Alum it pains me to say this ), Evan Turner - will be as good as Brandon Roy, he is a real PTP'r, a flat out STUD!. A 6'7" super scorer at the SG spot, who can handle and distribute like a PG, court sense like a PG, makes plays like a PG, racks up asts like a PG, defends and rebounds like a SF, and can defend all 3 perimeter positions, and has a non-stop motor like Ben W and JJ.........We gotta get this kid!!! Joe please don't pass this kid up because we already have someone at this position (you know like you did with Melo, Bosh, and Wade)
  2. CarlosGallan

CarlosGallan First Round Draft Pick

Pick another SG is not the way to rebuild. If we canĀ“t get John Wall Joe must pick one center or defensive PF,the best available.

Painful season for fans of the pistons, at least my barcelona is working well. One of two ...

2010 Mock Draft | NBADraft.net

happy new year pistons forum
  3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

We are only 1 win away from falling into the 7th worst record spot. This could be devastating to the future of the franchise.

We desperately need another groin injury or Wilcox to establish his starting position.
  4. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Would you really want him to take another SG if we can't get rid of one of the ones that we have?? We would actually need to get rid of two to avoid the current log jam that most people have been complaining about all year.
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Feliz anno nuevo Carlos!
  6. SonicD 43

SonicD 43 First Round Draft Pick

Seems like your in the minority but I agree completely. Turner is a stud. We can't skip him because we have Stuckey, that would be like not drafting Melo cause you got Tayshawn Prince.
  7. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Have you seen Evan Turner play. DD I don't see anyone on this team worth keeping forever, no untouchables (Stuckey might be the closest). We passed on Melo because we already had Tay :doh: We passed on Wade because we already had Rip :doh: We passed on Bosh because we already had our precious veteran bigs upfront :doh: :doh:

Let's not make the same mistake twice, Turner is going to be special, as will Aminu and Wesley Johnson. The bigs in this draft are not special, they're just big (and they're not very big, most are about 6'9"/6'10"), remember Wilcox was the 8th overall pick when he came out.

He's probably one of the few players who's game is going to translate immediately, I really think he'll be the Rookie of the Year.
  8. SonicD 43

SonicD 43 First Round Draft Pick

I am right there with you on this. He will be a very good to great NBA player and he will be good from the start. Its hard to find that in the draft and I believe he has it. The kid knows how to play and has the ability and skills to do it in the nba.
  9. ocellatus

ocellatus First Round Draft Pick

This is the trade I wish Dumars would make. Prince, Wilcox & future 1st round pick(Top 25 protected) to the Jazz for Kirilenko & their 1st round pick(New York). This saves the Jazz money & gives us another lottery pick this year, plus a big expiring contract next year to work with. Imagine if we drafted any Two of these players. John Wall, Cole Aldrich, Derrick Favors, Evan Turner or Al-Farouq Aminu.
  10. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Call me crazy but I honestly think that we can trade someone on our team for a lottery pick in this years draft and as a result actually get 2 of those top players. The reason I believe this is because many of these young teams are starting to get better and they don't need more youth, they need some veteran leadership and experience to help them get to the next level. The T-Wolves, Grizz and Jazz all have multiple picks in the 1st rd.
  11. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

You make some excellent points KG... where I'm strugglin with is where our future big coming from?
    I'm starting to believe that nobody wants our players (that have us near the bottom)... Tay or Stuckey is our only hope (not ready to give up Stuckey)... Tay's new injury of the week status isn't garnering confidence from other GMs.
    We don't go anywhere til we can defend and score inside.
    I will agree that the bigs in this draft may make fine PFs but not franchise 5's...
    A name that could help down the road is Cousins if we traded down.

IMO the draft is a crap shoot... I'd trade the pick for a sure thing tomorow.
  12. max

max All-Star

Exactly. No one wants our players because we suck and they get injured all the time.

It's still not too late to turn around the season and make it respectable. Then the guys that we do have gain their value back and we still get a decent pick. I would rather trade it than get another Rodney White.
  13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

What is Rodney White doing right now? Is he in Europe?

Maybe it's time to give him a second chance.
  14. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

We have to continue to acquire assets that other people want, we've never had that, if we simply draft the absolute best player, we'll have a young player that a team wants. When teams begin to talk about trading players, they don't want guys like Rip and Tay - unless they're part of a package that contains a young star in the making. Boston landed KG, but they gave up a young dominant big man in Al Jefferson to get him.

I see the physical frame and size, but......I don't know, somethin' just don't sit right with me in terms of Cousins, he needs to wait a year or two because he's way too immature and has an awful attitude.

Can't beat a sure thing, but in this draft there are 3,4 guys that are about as close to a sure thing as one can get in the draft, unfortunately they are all perimeter players. Wall, Turner, Johnson and Aminu are the truth......Favors, Monroe, Aldrich, Davis, Pittman, Brackins and the kid from Lithuania - CRAP SHOOT!
  15. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Well why not check on Sammy Mejia and Will Blalock while we are at it..
  16. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Why the heck not, Jonathan Bender's back in the league.
  17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Yeah, how's that working out? I haven't looked. Has he played any?
  18. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

We need another shooting guard dang it! I'm not giving up on my boy Rickey Paulding, no sir, not yet.
  19. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

20. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer