2009-2010 U of M Wolverine Football Thread.

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Darth Tater, Sep 3, 2009.

1. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

We are too impatient as fans these days. We are all in the WIN NOW club. How did the greatest college football coaches of all time do on average in their first few seasons (taking into account the team's record the previous seasons), and how many of them would be fired in their first or second season if they coached today? Just a thought.
  2. max

max All-Star

Thats the thing. What were they before he took over 8-2 or 7-3.
  3. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

And practice.................
  4. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

:pound::pound::pound:
  5. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

Michigan was 9-3 in 2007 and 11-2 in 2006.

Then we go 3-9 in 2008 and 5-7 in 2009.

Let's see...we go from 20 wins in two years to 8 wins.

Rich Rod is a puke ball....... :puke: :puke: :puke: :swear2:
  6. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

What the hell did u DO at U of M and u didnt follow football? geek alert!:pound:
  7. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

Darryl Rogers, in his worst season, had a better record than Rich this year in the Big Ten. It was Darryl who asked that now famous question, "what does a guy have to do to get fired around here?". Even you, Darryl, had the courage and common decency to ask this self-depreciating question. Apparently Darryl, 2-9 will get you fired if you are a Detroit Lion. But if you coach at UM, hey, full speed ahead. I see and hear nothing. From a guy who is south of the border, this man finds the following thought mindboggling and extremely perplexing to the nth degree, and that is this. My Detroit Lions, the joke of the NFL, actually has higher football standards for their coaches when it comes to winning percentage than my once, mighty foe, the Wolverines.

So 1-7 isn't enough for the winningest football team in college football history to dump an incompetent coach? I wonder if he would be spared if he lost one more game and went 0-8 in the Big Ten. Am I really witnessing this once proud football empire drop their football coaching standards this low? I must be dreaming. You gotta be kidding me. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on you again? Wow, I could have sworn it was shame on me.

Given a 6-2 team loaded with four stars. He proceeds to go 2-6. And what does he do for an encore? 1-7. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it ain't gonna be no prettier in 52 weeks. As we watch this descent down 2 miles below the earth surface, one voice of reason cries out, let's turn around and go back. It's not too late. The AD pipes up and says, let's keep walking, surely it will get better if we just keep walking. In the meantime, the flashlight batteries are getting dimmer, a few bodies have been left behind, the food supply is now gone, there are a few swigs of water left in the bottle, and there is no end in sight.
  8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Buck, it's obvious that you are fearful of our impending greatness. You seek to subvert RichRod before his finishes this masterpiece. We won't fall for that. Full steam again RichRod!
  9. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Well since you brought it up, for most of the 90's, the Wolverines led the nation on sports gear marketing.....even out here in So Cal, you saw more people wearing Michigan gear (Caps, jerseys.etc) than people wearing UCLA and USC.

The Collegiate Licensing Company : Fiscal Year-End Rankings July 1, 2007 - June 30, 2008

As of 2008 Michigan was second only to University of Texas in sales, but with the football program taking a hit these past couple of years, oh how the mighty have fallen >>>from second to eighth

The Collegiate Licensing Company : First Quarter Rankings 2009-2010

The BB program isn't doing any better, so it maybe the best campus, but Rich Rod will have to really turn the FB program around to get those jerseys circulating around the USA like they did during the Lloyd Carr and Fab five years....