2008/9 Novice League Info and Discussion

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by roscoe36, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

Boozer is KILLING my team. My team has fallen off considerably since he was hurt.

:nod:
  2. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Just because I decided to take it easy on you. (At least when I read the descriptions of the injuries to Davis and O'Neal, it didn't seem to me like they were going to be out all week. Davis was just supposed to have had a little bump on his butt.)

But Sprockets thrive on adversity. We spotted you two players just to make it competitive, and 4-4-1 is the best you can do!!??!! And you're only up by one steal!! This could easily be 6-3 right now.

:gun1:
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I like the competitive, trash talking dba.
  4. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

...man, You guys would all be HATING it if I wouldn't have [strike]been excluded due to my superior ability to run a franchise[/strike] missed the yahoo deadline.

My "all-Williams" team would have killed it fosho!
    http://www.pistonsforum.com/fantasy-basketball/9061-2008-9-novice-league-info-discussion-3.html

...Just remember, whoever ends up winning this thing at the end of the year woulda been the runner-up!
  5. roscoe36

lol. That all Williams team is a good idea, you would have to rank them, and try to draft the best ones first to guarantee you have a monopoly.

:good:
  6. dba

Who are you calling trash???

I'd give you the truth, but I know you can't handle the truth!!

All right, I need to go and have a lie down now.
  7. roscoe36

I know it's just the bagel carbs talking. :)
  8. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Roscoe likes every kind of talking because of all he can do is just ...talk.

:toilet:
  9. roscoe36

Looks like for dba and I, it might come down to 3 pointers made.

[​IMG]

Some more good matchups this week

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. discotom

discotom First Round Draft Pick

I think a lot of teams are feeling the injury/slump bug. I have had a few players fall way behind their normal output, but then I look at what some of the other teams are dealing with and I realize it's just a rough week. Villanueva really saved me this week...which I never would have expected.
  11. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

ok, injuries are there...at least you know they are injuried and won't play. I noticed today that Doc Rivers had enough and DNP-d Perkins...Perkins is in my team...Should I bench him for next week too??????

There is no good replacement for Perkins, Zach Randolph is still injuried and plays in upcoming week only 2 games anyway....

On positive note I picked up 2 players, whom I did not expect to be available: Eric Gordon and Mike Dunleavy.
  12. roscoe36

That's the name of the game. Risk assessment.
  13. dba

Four guys down with injuries and Brook Lopez scores 31 for my opponent!! Who in the world is Brook Lopez anyway!!??!!
  14. roscoe36

I picked him up in a local league I play in, after he played well against the Pistons. Dude will be a top 100 player next year.

[​IMG]

This is a good thing for new fantasy guys to learn. Each season, you have to turn up at least one or two value players who emerge as high value starters to make up for injuries and under performance from guys who can't repeat last year's showings.

It is very hard to win, let alone dominate with a draft day roster. The thing about guys like Lopez, is that you add them to your last spot, and play them only when they show value (and have a lot of opponents in a week). It's my opinion that nearly every team should be shuffling (or sifting through) it's last roster spot each week, panning for gold.
  15. Mossberg

Mossberg Bench Warmer 3x Fantasy Champion

I don't think I'll ever be able to put T-Mac out of my last roster spot since he is always ailing.:D
  16. roscoe36

In a weekly league, your non playing guys can be used for roster development, and for being able to maximize your weekly output through games played.

But I am coming to the conclusion that holding onto injured guys is too expensive.

I always strive to make the top half of the regular season in each league, and then in the playoffs, maintain or improve my finish. Sure I want to win it all, but that is not always possible. Thus, I try to play at a high level like the Pistons over the last 6 seasons.
  17. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

I'm...seriously thinking of dropping TGRH. last year and so on he was true FL dream player: consistent, high FG%, very high FT%, shared ball and rebounded well for SG, hit occasional 3pt shot. Only TOs were little headache.

But now he has no r comfortable role in this team; yeah, he is natural starting SG but not at the price of AI...

and even if Rip gets traded, it will take several months to get acclimated in his new team...
  18. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

NO! Do Not dump him. Repeat. DO NOT Dump HIM!
  19. detteam

detteam All-Star

I concur with Tater. Don't dump him for nuthin. If you wanna get rid of him work a trade...just like Joe is doing :D
  20. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Precisely. Generally, in our leagues Pistons are overvalued anyhow, so even given his current unpopularity with many fans, you should be able to get equal value for him.

Anyhow, you would be hard pressed to replace him on the free agent market even given his current drop in productivity.

You dump him and somebody is going to pick him up on waivers faster than you can say "Hey Roscoe, those high heels you are wearing would match Curry's suit perfectly"