2007 Playoffs Round 1 - Wings vs. Flames

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by roscoe36, Apr 11, 2007.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

We want the Stars. Let Anaheim and San Jose beat the snot out of each other. Besides, that one hour of time difference could be the difference between my living and dying through these playoffs.

Don't know if this was posted yet...

NHL.com - News

2. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    I am really mixed on who I'd want Wings to play. But it is all for selfish reasons. I know that Wings would have somewhat of an "easier" time with Stars. Stars are smaller, and not as physical. Historically Wings do well against Stars and they own Turco. And, obviously, Dallas is closer. We struggled with San Jose who plays much more physical style than Dallas. And the flights would be longer. However, if Wings play Sharks all of the games would be on local TV, so I get to see them.
  3. mikhail1973

Interesting article by Al Strachan on suspensions in NHL.
    Here's the link to the full article FOX Sports - NHL - Time for NHL to rethink suspensions

Here is the exerpt from it:

Hockey is a rough sport. It always has been and it should stay that way. To take out the gratuitous violence without taking out the inherent heavy hitting is not as easy as it sounds. But the way the game is going, the league has no choice but to try.
    They may deny it, but there are players out there who are definitely trying to injure their opponents.
    The presence of a puck is not a factor in their game. And they don't waste time injuring plumbers like themselves. They go after the stars.
    Stiffer suspensions might work. But the evidence is against it.
    Perhaps it's time to try a radical idea. If Brad May takes out the Wild's best defenseman with a move that was clearly a flagrant transgression of the rules, then don't sit out Brad May. Sit out Chris Pronger or Scott Niedermayer. The Wild lost a top-flight D-man. Now, so did the Ducks.
    Suddenly, these coaches and general managers who publicly decry the head-hunting but secretly applaud it might change their minds.
    Granted, it would take a lot of wisdom from the NHL's judicial department and so, as has been suggested before, perhaps the process should be turned over to a committee.
    But this much is clear. Injuries as a result of intentional violence are increasing, and the suspensions aren't doing anything to change that fact. It's time for a radical mind-shift before there's a really serious incident — one that ends up with more than an injured player to worry about.
  4. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I think the Sharks owned us all season...I'll gladly take our chances with Stars.
  5. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

Bring on the Sharks.........Game 7 is won by the home team2 out of 3 times........We want the tough team right now. Let's sharpen our teeth on some Sharks.....................
  6. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Unfortunately the Wings might be done in 6. Stars
  7. mikhail1973

Bring on the San Jose. This is going to be very physical tight series. Very interesting. Wings still have everything they need to push ahead. I know they struggled with SJ throughout the year, but these are playoffs and everything is starting from scratch.
  8. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Sure, that's what I said about the Dallas Mavericks and Golden State before their series. Gulp.:nailbiting: