2007/8 All Star Game - Feb 17th 2007 - 8 PM EST

Discussion in 'February 2008' started by roscoe36, Feb 17, 2008.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

2. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

i'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  3. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Dang, is there a worse all-star game in pro sports than this one? I guess the NHL is just as bad.

Can't blame Sheed for wanting to be in the Bahamas. What a waste of time. I guess if you're a PHX fan, this is the kind of game you like: No defense.
  4. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Sheed made a left-handed 3. Impressive.
  5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It's definitely better than the NFL Pro Bowl.
  6. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It looked like Flip Saunders was coaching the East in the 2nd half. He didn't adjust his lineup to counter the West going Big, he never called a timeout and everyone was jacking up 3s each time down the court. :stirthepot:
  7. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

CB is really in a shooting slump since yesterday. 0-6 at the 3 pt land, that's ugly. Hope he did that on purpose to keep on flying under the radar.
  8. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Doug Collins said that Sheed could beat Bosh at a game of Horse with Sheed shooting left handed.

:hoops:
  9. buddahfan

The East pulled it out nicely with some good lineup adjustments. Small ball worked.

10. max

max All-Star

Not a great showing from the Pistons this weekend. Billups, Cash and Lamb did not make the cut in their competition, Rip stepped over the 3-pt line in the 3-pt contest on his last shots and ended up with a 14. Billups shot was off in the all-star game. Rip had a decent game shooting 4-9 and Sheed had 2 blocks.

Entertaining game though. Lebran looked like he was playing at a higer level than the rest of the players at times. Late addition Ray Allen made the difference in the 4th quarter.
  11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

MVP should have gone to the guy who was responsible for the win. La Bron had some nice stats, but Ray Allen in my opinion won that game with his 14 pts in a 3 minutes span near the end or the game to keep the East in it when the sleeping dog west was about to steal it I think La Bron agrees with me
  12. buddahfan

I thought about that too and they mentioned it on the telecast.

13. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

This all star game sucked, and i never thought i'd say this but the reason was; No Kobe Bryant.

Mcgrady, and Carter would've have helped make it interesting as well.

Also, the West probably would've won with Kobe. I never realized how he alone can make a game interesting, and not just when he was on a sucky team; he stands out even among the top caliber players.
  14. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Allen scored a handful of points in a short amount of time but Bron Bron is the bigger name.

Billups was -18, Rip was -20 and Sheed was -8. Ouch. Then again, it makes no difference.
  15. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

I thought the Piston 3 did fine in the game. Sheed had some excellent blocks and a lot more minutes that I figured he get. When CB, Rip and Sheed was in, notice that Doc went with who was with them the last time, Pierce. Also put in Bosh who was a lot like Tay. Defense started working.

Ray Allen was MVP imo.
  16. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Are you ever happy.............

This was fun game, New Orleans doesn't get alot of TV coverage, so watching CP3 was GREAT IMO. Watching the Pistons, Celtics and Kidd, Wade, and LBJ23 was cool too. We got to see the Pistons if we had Pierce instead of Tay, and Bosh instead of Dyess, which actually could've been if not for YKW.

Also, Sheed nailing the trey with the left hand ?? C'mon man, that's just SICK!!!! If Sheed approached the game like KG??.... I can't even imagine, can't fault him too much though, he basically puts sports in the position it SHOULD be in - after FAMILY!!!
  17. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I thought that Chris Bosh played a horrible game. He kept turning the ball over, missing bunnies, getting balls slapped away, mis-handling passes, getting beat by his man, etc.

I know this is only an All-Star Game, but I was really disappointed in his play.
  18. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

:)
    The 4th quarter was the only thing that was exciting.

All i'm saying is i see why players like Mcgrady and Carter get voted in even when they don't deserve it. The game is about entertainment. I love the Pistons as much as anybody, but aside from maybe Sheed they're games are not exactly "exciting".

Wade looked awful sans one play. I dislike Lebron so watching him is never entertaining. CP3 and DH were fun.

I watched it w/ a few friends. One fell asleep, and the other two started cheering on Yao b/c they thought he was absolutely hilarious which he was.

All wanted to FF.
  19. max

max All-Star

I don't know if some people realize how rare it is to have 3 Pistons in the all-star game and also how most game are not down to the wire like last nights was.

No offense but if you are bored with following a team like the Pistons with the kind of success they have had then maybe its time to find a new team or sport to watch.
  20. buddahfan

Some people just like to complain. It becomes a life long avocation with them. Some are lucky enough to become paid critics.