2007-08 general league thread (non-Pistons)

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Dumars4Ever, Nov 2, 2007.

1. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Went to the Raptors-Nets game tonight at the ACC in Toronto. There were a number of spare seats still but the crowd made sure they gave Carter hell every time he touched it by booing and chanting "VC Sucks!"
    Have to admit it was pretty funny, Carter blew a kiss to the crowd at one point and he did have a nice game.
    Delfino lit it up in the 2nd Q to bring the Raps back into the game. He ended up with 24 points with 6-8 from downtown.

After the first Q with the Nets up like 30-18 I was wondering why they aren't a better team. But after the game finished I had a better idea. Devin Harris is going to be a good PG for them but he doesn't seem to set many guys up or get big assist totals. He is good at getting to the basket but misses more in traffic than he makes. He needs to develop a pull-up jumpshot from 6-10 feet. VC and RJ are one-on-one players and don't make their teammates better at all. The Nets defense is also very bad, they don't stop many guys at all and their perimeter D sucks completely. You would have thought they'd have scouted the Raps a bit better than that as they are an excellent perimeter team and it was this that brought them back into the game.

On the flipside I don't really see the Raps challenging anyone in the postseason and I've seen a tonne of Raps games this season. Bargnani won't become much more than a role player I feel. They also need to figure out their PG situation. They need to choose 1 and go with it. Calderon is the guy I'd go with.

Off to the big D on Monday and going to Wolves-Pistons on Tuesday. Should be great!

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

What looked like a mismatch in the first half with the Lakers leading by as many as 30 and then eventually 20 at the half, turned into an almost steal by the Hornets as they came all the way back to be down by 1 at 96-95 with less than 3 minutes to go. The lakers pulled out a 107-104 victory as the Hornets made a couple of mental mistakes taking the ball out and the Lakers clinch the Pacific Division Championship... it was thir first since 2003-04 and we remember what happen to them that year.

CP3 was held to 15 points but had 17 assists and with 5 fouls in the 4th actually was on the bench for most of the 4th qtr comeback while Peja was hitting 3's from the the corner and Tyson C was 8-8 from the field in the middle. Lakers now need to go back and review their lack of defense in the second half as they did not beat the Hornets, they just happen to have the most points when the clock went 0:00. Oh yeah, they were 10-36 from beyind the arc!

Pistons stay ahead of Hornets by one game and 1.5 over the Lakers and remain 2 over the Spurs and we still have an additonal tiebreaker game over the Hornets and SPurs by virtue of the season sweeps.

3. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

After Dre's post, my jaw dropped at CP3's 17 assists. So I checked out some of the NBA stat leaders and found this funny stat. In blocks per game, Sheed is the highest-ranked current Piston at 13 overall with 1.64/game. Behind him in 14th is none other than Darko (1.63/game). Behind Darko in 15th is none other than good ol' Big Ben (1.62/game). What is up with that? Is Detroit a breeding ground for quality shot-blockers or what?

4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Also think about Ratliff's career blocks total after he got his start in Detroit. And Amir's blocks per minute is almost leading the entire NBA.

5. LA Dre

The outcome of tonight's Cavs-Sixer game barnburner has some bearing on who the Pistons might face in the first round as the Sixers were called out of the lockeroom to see the Cavs steal a victory that was already lost. Its also clinched HCA in the first round for the Cavs, where a lost tonight and one Wednesday to the Pistons could have force the Cavs to the 5th seed.

Devin Brown hit two free throws with .2 seconds after the game had already been declared over and a 90-89 sixer victory. Instead the Cavs get a 91-90 W and the Sixers who started the night off tied for sixth place with the Raptors now find themselves in 7th spot and an almost certain destiny with the Pistons with only ond game left. I think our almost certain 4 game sweep of the Raptors is dead now in the first round and we will have to deal with our matchup issues that the Sixers will throw at us.

Pistons in Six, but we really don't want to play that many.

6. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Dre, I started a thread on the ending of that game, that was so not right.

7. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

That was a retarded ending. I'm so annoyed. It figures CLE will find some way to screw with us even though we don't play them in the PO's. There's gotta be tons off Amir/AA/Max in this series. We're going to need athleticism and speed to compete with theirs.

8. LA Dre

I know Dlev, then I turned to the VS channel to see the Predators score 2 goals in 9 seconds to go up 4-3. So two points, two goals, and 2 games stolen and in a 10 minute span and the fate of two Detroit playoff teams are up in the air.

I mean each team is still looking good to win but both of their percentages went down.:yellowprison:

9. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Ramon Sessions (yeah, who?) with 24 assists tonight in loss to the Bulls in a defensively-challenged game.
    I was actually thinking about going to that game to watch Bogut. Damn...

10. coynejeremy

Webz, how are you doing on the road? How much longer are your travels going to be? You sound like you are trying to make the most of it.

11. LA Dre

I must have been bad luck to the teams I wanted to win tonight.... first I tuned into the Toronto/Miami game and they were tied 64-64..and within 5 minutes the Heat were down 12 and headed for a certain loss and the Raptors were headed for a certain six seed clinching win.

So I switched to the Cavs and Wiz and see the Cavs up 8 nearing the end of the 3rd qtr but the Wiz comeback and actually grab the lead with less than a minute to go and exchange leads until the end when the refs decide the game on a last second foul with most of the sixers in the locker room taking off their jerseys and [strike]jock straps[/strike] sweat bands:sssh:

Next I tuned into the wings and they are leading 3-2 with four minutes to go and before I could say GO WINGS, they are down 4-3:yellowprison:

Then I go out for awhile and come home and watched the last 7 minutes of the Warriors/Suns game hoping the warriors could hold on to that last playoff spot. Well the Warriors were up 107-96 at that point and the Suns rolled off 11 straight to tie and take over the game and win.

I may skip watching the Pistons tomorrow...:)

12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Take a break Dre. You deserve a game off.

13. coynejeremy

I think you're not rested enough. You need to get one of your kids to start watching games so you can get some rest. Of course, you will have to start off the game yourself, but at least sub out before the end of the first quarter, otherwise you WILL burn yourself out. We GOT to get you rested for the playoffs.

14. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Is Flip your coach, Dre?

15. LA Dre

Yeah I think if I had been there at the start of each game, then the team I was pulling for would have won, but I joined each game in progress, so it appeared as if I was Lindsey Hunter coming in midway thru the game and stalling the offense:MusicBigGrin:

16. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

:pound:

17. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

On the contrary, dre is master of puppets.

18. LA Dre

After listening to Jim Rome and ARTH, PTI today I have to wonder what Don Nelson was thinking??? He benches Steven Jackson for the whole second qtr and then benches Baron Davis for the whole second half???? When I was watching the game, I just assumed Baron was hurt or had fouled out,,,,,but Nelly just decided to leave him on the bench? WTF nelly you have a 12 pt lead with 6 mins left and Davis is left on the bench???? The season wasn't over yet ...you still had two more W's in there to grab the 8th seed and knock off the # 1 seed again..........but now its time for the Nuggs go to on vacation and Baron and Jackson maybe fleeing from the Bay area this summer via the FA market...we could sure use Jackson in place of Hayes...guess we don't have enough cash though....

Mikhail what's the local spend on Nelly's decision>??

19. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    It was a bit shocking here, because Nelly has been riding his 6 top players very hard trying to get every win he could. But Davis never played harder for anybody else, and the way he played Nelly really had nothing to lose. So it's like a three-legged stool. :sssh:

20. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I heard Baron had a little too much fun the night before, and was hungover, and Nelly was pissed, but i'm not really sure if it's true.