1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

2006-2007 Season Talk (non Pistons)

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by jammertime, Nov 10, 2006.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

2. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Seems like a good deal for all parties involved.

3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Boykins has been playing great lately. It seems like he has been a big part of Denver's success too. We'll see if they have a drop off now.

4. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

This doesn't seem like a very smart move for Denver. Boykins has played some of the best ball of his career since AI arrived, and he's a bargain at 3 million. They may regret this come playoff time. But I'm biased--I caught a bunch of his games at Bowen Field House and he's been one of my favorites ever since.

5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Boykins is one guy that could have backed up Billups. Too bad we couldn't have sent Davis or even Dice back to Denver for Boykins before this trade went off. The Bucks are hurting so they really needed this one...

6. LA Dre

Hey lurker did you go to EMU? I went there too, but back in the 70's....then it was known as the party school:djparty:

7. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

Yeah, I was there for a couple of years in the early Bad Boys era. I went to another green and white school too, but I usually keep it quiet so I can stay out of all of the food fights around here.

8. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

**Hands you a baked potato to throw at you know who**

9. rdang

rdang First Round Draft Pick

Anybody think its more than a coincidence that Kidd and Carter are both in the middle of divource? I remember Reggie Miller was talking about his as well. It'd be interesting to find out how many players go through divources as they reach closer to their contract years (to keep the wives' money-grubby hands off their new paycheck).

Must be a harsh life knowing that your husband's cheating on you with gorgeous women all across North America.

10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

From Truehoop

Pretty funny. Watch Daniels in the baseline corner at the beginning of the video. Personally, I think he is the biggest devotee of the Church of Hibachi, Agent Zero style.

11. webz

Seems like none of the other wizards guys on the court were too overjoyed by the basket. I have to admit I'd be pretty indifferent if I felt like I had no chance of contributing to the win.

12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

You think maybe it is a Brokeback Mountain sort of thing?

Jason: You got your ex-wife and your baby in Orlando and, you know, I got my life in New Jersey. Vince: Is it so? You and Joumana, that's a life. Jason: Now you shut up about Joumana. This ain't her fault. The bottom line is...we're around each other and...this thing grabs hold of us again...in the wrong place...in the wrong time...we're dead.

13. 4cwebb

4cwebb First Round Draft Pick

I hadn't noticed this until you pointed out, but not one other Wizard player on the floor seemed to react with any excitement when that shot went down. Strange.

14. webz

Some more classic Arenas quotes. Its hard to dislike the guy, he is so funny. He is already predicting when his next 50 point game will be.

NBA.com NBA.com Blog: Gilbert Arenas

15. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

So the much-hyped Suns-Wizards game in DC was over before it started, with Phoenix leading 41-20 after the first quarter, on their way to a 127-105 shellacking of the local pretenders.

DLev, might you have some thoughts on this one? :boink:

16. LA Dre

The Mavs had an easy time with Magic too, although there was a slight let down at end the of the third quarter.

Which means that the # 1 & 2 teams in the league, which happen to reside in the wild-wild western conference ran both of the #1 and #4 teams of the eastern conference right out of their own Arenas (Gilbert). :) So much for parity.

The east has a long way to catch up and our Pistons have to take advantage of other teams short comings. In other words lets hope that the return of CB and the insertion of Cwebb gives the Pistons the opportunity tomorrow to run the Bobcats out their arena tomorrow as payback to the prior two loses to this team.

17. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

A little OT, but has anybody been watching CHI lately. Ben Wallace has been sitting in the 4th quarters (not by choice), and doesn't seem to care. He gets up, hi-fives his team and stands in the time-out huddles. He was quoted saying "their small line-up does a good job"

He must REALLY like Skiles . . .

18. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

We knew what was coming D4E, and I really feel for the folk that have a temporary pass on the Wiz bandwagon. They will be very dissapointed in a few months.

The hype on this game was ubelievable, I heard some people say this could be The Nba Finals matchup!!!

Let`s face it, they do play the type of ball Stern is pushing for and it is fun to watch, however, IMO neither will win a championship this year.

Second round of playoffs is the furthest the Wiz will get, and they better have HC advantage (occupy one of the four top seeds) to make it there, or it`s out in the first round. You heard it here first.

BTW, Pleeeease let the Pistons beat this team, BOTH upcoming games!!!!!!!:MusicBigGrin:

19. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

It's only a regular season game Dlev. We both know how much that means.

I still believe both teams have a good chance to go deep into the playoffs. I don't think the Wizards will win the East,but I think they will win one round for sure and maybe make it to the ECF.

Phoenix? I like Dallas AND Phoenix in the west. I'm also curious to see what Denver will do.

Anyhow, I can't find where anybody said Washington will win it all, or even win the East. But give them credit. They do have a good team.

20. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

What you see from the Wiz during the regular season is what you are going to get from them in the postseason, if not worse.

For the Wiz to advance past round one they better secure a top seed, or else see ya, in the first round. They can`t win on the road!

Not saying anyone said the Wiz would win it all, something I read in the USA Today just came to mind, it said and I quote, "this could be a preview of the NBA Finals", refering to the Suns/Wiz game the other night. I must say, I almost lost my lunch on that one............:pound:

BTW,I will admit, they are playing well, right now.