2006-2007 Season Talk (non Pistons)

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by jammertime, Nov 10, 2006.

1. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:pound::pound::pound:
  2. linwood

linwood All-Star

I went to a Sonics game tonight. I sat really close to the court and got a good look at the action. Ray Allen is injured, so Earl Watson recieved extended minutes. I take back everything I said about Earl. He plays extremely aggressive defense, sometimes a litte too much, but I would much rather see too much effort than not enough. He shot the ball well, found the open man, and is very fast. He makes some bad decisions here and there, but I don't think it's so bad that a little time and coaching effort couldn't correct it.
  3. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Just a heads-up for Laker watchers: they've had a really nice season so far, at 14-6, but 15 of their first 20 games have been at home, and at least one of those road games was "at" the Clippers. And now they have 8 of their next 10 on the road, including a 6-game trip to the midwest and east coast.
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Mikki Moore just had a two handed putback slam. All kinds of high fiving, and finger twisting arm waving and players jumping into each other jumping.

Pretty funny to watch. He's put on some weight from when he was a Piston.
  5. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Fascinating game between Phoenix and Golden State last night. Suns jumped out on them in the first and just ran away - dunks, threes, blocks, steals, the whole package. First a 16-2 run, then a 14-8, then an 11-2 - amazing.

Then Nellie pulled the Wars back into a zone and Phoenix was completely stymied. GS goes 30-7, then 28-13, then 7-0 to take the lead in the third. 65-13 overall.

The Suns eventually came back, and barely edged out a win, but if you don't think that the zone is here to stay, you're just not paying attention.
  6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Right now, Phil is the coach of the year (at least in California). Yeah they have played most of their games at Staples, but even when they appear to be heading for a loss, they have come back to either win or take the game in OT before losuing and made the fans here in LA all but forget about the underachieving Clippers.

Their role/bench players come through when needed. Luke Walton, Brian Cook, Jordan Farmar, Sasha V, kwame Brown a young Andrew Bynum & Mo Evans? Other than the latter, I don't think Flip would give any of these guys more than 5 mins if they were sitting on the Piston Bench... Flips plays them and Kobe trusts these guys, where in the past two seasons he didn't.

They were down to the Rockets Friday night by 17 only to come back and win on D-OT, and tonight again down 17 to the Wizards before eventually falling in OT.

It will be tough for the Lakers to keep up this momentum on the six game road trip without Lamar Odom, but who knows as the Bulls and the Magic are the only two teams they will play with a record above .500.

They have depth playing 11-12 players a night, but their defense is their liability
  7. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Amazing that Gilbert went for SIXTY last night, including 16 in OT alone! Wow. Yeah, we'll see what happens with the Lakers road trip, especially minus Odom, but they've definitely been getting it done of late.
  8. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Lakers.

One of my top 5 teams to watch:

1)Pistons ~ Self-explanatory
    2)Golden St. ~ Exciting brand of basketball. Nellie has these guys putting up numbers!
    3)Lakers ~ The Kobe Show is the greatest show on earth...youngin's fun to watch
    4)Suns ~ How do you not like this team?
    5)Knicks ~ Watching my favorite all-time Pistons player scramble to keep his job is entertaining in the "Flava of Love" type of way. I know its horrible televison,but I can't help but to watch.
  9. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

BB Gun Shoots Down Captain Quirk

I guess Captain Quirk had a sore right arm tonight. Only 10 of 30 from the field. He must also have really been sucking wind big time after chasing Obie-Wan around for 50 minutes last night it appears between that and the thin Rocky Mountain high atmosphere he couldn't keep up with the BB Gun.

ESPN.com - NBA - Box Score - Wizards at Nuggets

:gun1::gun1:
  10. roscoe36

11. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

he is 7'6 and the best trash talk he can do is 50 feet away walking backwards. well at least he's trying.
  12. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

Lip reading is tough, especially when it's in Chinese. I think what he said is "please forgive me for using my superior size and skill to make you look like a bozo."
  13. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

14. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Didn't see these games, but two of the craziest second halves I can ever remember hearing about took place tonight:

-- Lakers were playing at Minnesota, and at halftime, the Lakers were up 2. Wolves outscored them 30-18 in the 3rd to take a 10 pt lead into the 4th. But then the Lakers outscored them 34-7 in the 4th to win by 27 points!

And that was positively normal compared to...

-- Utah was playing at Atlanta, and the Hawks were up 1 at halftime. Then Atlanta blew the Jazz away in the 3rd, 39-19, to extend their lead to 21 going into the 4th...only to see the Jazz outscore them 40-13 in the 4th quarter and win by 6!
  15. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Slight typo above; Lakers won by 17, not 27.

Watching the highlights from the Knicks' double-OT win over Charlotte, I saw something I don't think I'd ever seen before: a team actually managed to get a tip-in at the buzzer with 0.1 seconds on the clock. You can't catch and shoot with less than 0.3 sec on the clock, or it gets waved off automatically. With the game tied at 109 and the Knicks inbounding from midcourt, they lobbed it to David Lee in the lane, and he reached back and batted it in at the buzzer for the win.
  16. roscoe36

David Lee has been a beast lately. His rebounding totals are through the roof.
  17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Since the start of December, Okur has hit 57.1 percent of his 42 attempts from beyond the arc. -CNNSI.com
  18. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

The Suns winning streak ends at 15, at the hands of...the Wizards, of all teams. Not surprisingly, there was no defense at all--it was 144-139 in OT! Gilbert went for fifty-four, but Caron was the one who got to the bucket several times in a row to pull them ahead for good in OT. Wiz were able to put it away when Gilbert hit a three off the glass in the last minute!
  19. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Uh, oh D4E you know what this means right?

Folk around here are going to jack that bandwagon, after victories against the Suns and Sac..........on the road at that!

That win against the Suns is kind of impressive. To outrun them in their building, wow.....The Wiz still suck though.

Now back to our normal programming..........
  20. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Yeah, man. Bandwagon-a$% cats gonna be showin' up all over the place. :laugh:

You do have to admit that they've got a lot of firepower. Gilbert, Antawn, and Caron is a pretty fearsome three-headed-monster that can light it up against a lot of teams out there. But their complete inability to stop anyone is still going to prevent them from getting any farther than the 2nd round of the playoffs, at the best.