[2 of 2] Pistons' WORST move of the offseason

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Aug 14, 2006.

?

2006 Offseason WORST Pistons' move

Poll closed Sep 3, 2006.
  1. Losing Ben Wallace to leave in Free Agency

61.7%
  2. Drafting Will Blalock

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Signing Nazr Mohammed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Signing Flip Murray

4.3%
  5. Making Amir Johnson a FA the same year as Chauncey Billups

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Trading Maurice Evans for Cheikh Samb

2.1%
  7. Inviting former Timberwolf Rick Rickert to tryout

4.3%
  8. Re-signing Lindsey Hunter and promising him a front office job

2.1%
  9. Losing Alex Acker to a fat European contract

6.4%
  10. There was no WORST move

19.1%
  1. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Hey Roscoe, the system would not allow me to cast my vote..What's up with that?

I voted losing Ben was the worst move that the Pistons organization made.

Let me preface the above statement by adding that the previous year all the organization talked about was freeing up money to sign Ben.

I believe we let Okur go and passed up some other good deals in order to free up money to resign Ben. Secondly, Ben walked and we were left with pie on our face.

So essentially we mortgaged some of the future and didn't get a damn thing in return. I am having a senior moment so maybe some of you fellas and women can go back a few years to see what we gave up in order to stockpile Ben's free agency money.
  2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

The poll already closed.
  3. max

max All-Star

For me the worst move was signing Mohammed. Even though he will be traded it still may hurt the long term cap since GM's go into frugel mode with trades so we may have to take a back a hefty contract in return. But at least it will be for some who helps the team rather that hurts it. Mohammed did more harm than good.

Losing Ben? What can you do? 60 mil is a ton of cash but Dumars could have perhaps offered him 5 years for that instead of only 4. Ben probably would not have taken it. Its a tough call to say that we should have broke the bank on him. Then again Mohammed and Dyess combined almost make what Ben got.

Have to let it go. I hear they are still talking about the time when LB walked on water at the practice facility in the summer of 04. Walked right across the pool and did not even get wet.
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Nazr would make a decent backup center. He would be a little overpriced, but not outrageously. Remember that he rebounds at a higher rate than any other Piston and he has a few good qualities. He blocks shots, makes mid range jumpers, and of course the FT's.

I just didn't like seeing him play more than 10 mpg and %%%%ing up our starting unit.