1st Round Wiz Vs. Cavs

Discussion in '2008 Playoffs' started by Dlev59, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Re: Wiz Vs. Cavs series

The Pistons had two nail-biting wins last year to go up 2-0 in the ECF. Getting obliterated in Game 2 makes it pretty hard to recover.

Although I guess the Pistons did more or less do that in the '05 finals against the Spurs, rebounding from butt-kickings in the first two games with two blowouts of their own in the Palace. But this year's Wizards...well, I'm not feeling much faith anymore.

2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'm no fan of either one of these teams, but I think it is impressive how Lebron responded to the trash talking. I'm embarrassed for Washington.

3. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I've never thought that trash-talking in the post-season matters as much as a lot of people say it does. Maybe it could get someone riled up for a regular season game that they might not have been as motivated for otherwise, but in THE PLAYOFFS, why should anyone need extra motivation?

On the other hand, maybe we should try to arrange for Deshawn Stevenson to talk some smack about the Pistons.

4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The dig "they may have the #2 player in the game, but they don't have the best player at the end of the quarter, half, or the last 2 minutes of the game." (paraphrased cause I don't remember the exact quote). That is a pretty sharp dig. You aren't the best, and you're a choke.

Unless you are the #1 player saying that, you're asking to be beaten senseless.

5. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

I don't know about you all.... but If I need somebody to talk trash to get me motivated to win a championship..... there is something wrong with me.

6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

How many Championships have you won?

7. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

2 Cross-country 3 Track and 1 Wrestling... mind you all highschool, but if winning a championship isn't enough motivation then i lose a bit of repect for you as a competitor.

I mean your more interested in beating me because I said something about you then the idea of being crowned the best? Could be just be me but I play to win.... having fun in the process yes, but what is the point of playing something that has a winner/loser if your not trying to be the winner.

I know there are times I won't be able to win, but doesn't mean i give any less effort.... maybe a lesson some bballers in detroit could learn.

8. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

If I was in "the association" I'd make sure that my agent put a no-trade clause in my contract preventing any possibility of me going to the Washington Wizards. There's NO WAY you could get BDL in THAT gear!
    Those uniforms are just hideous!

...The Wiz look like they're wearing their Vegas summer-league gear! ...It looks like their equipment manager forgot to pack the right shorts or something! ...They look like they should be playing in a developmental league in Eastern Europe! ...They look like the 1952 Purdue Boilermakers out there!

I tuned into the Cavs/Wiz game yesterday and thought that it was a scrimmage!

9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I wouldn't put Lebron in the complacent category. Just because he's beating up on a guy who was trash talking doesn't mean that he needed that as motivation.

10. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I agree. It's got to be the uni's. They must be embarrassed just to come out onto the floor.

11. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Me too D4E. I said the Wiz in 6!!!

The problem with the Wizards; they are trying to play thug ball, when that`s not what got them to where they are. Eddie Jordan was quoted as saying, he wanted his players to be physical in the paint. Well, newsflash Coach, your team has just had a revelation that playing defense can win ball games.

It`s not like they have been playing the hardnosed physical defense all year, however their defense was much improved in the latter part of the season, all without one Gilbert Arenas I might add.

Bottom line, the Wiz are trying to play a physical type game, a style they haven`t played all year and it`s backfiring big time.

12. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Wizards showed up tonight on their home court...you got to wonder where this series would be if the Wiz had the home court. Who would have thought that the Wiz would get beat by 30 one night and then win by 36 the next game...:sssh:

13. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Gilbert Arena's gets injured, The Wiz go insane in the 2nd half. Ball starts moving. Coincedence?

They were doing OK is the 1st half as well, but Arenas has really scrwed up the chemistry on that team IMO.

Damn refs at the Philly game. Screwed up two series.

Also, when Lebron was asked about the Overrated chant, and playing in front of a tough crowd, he basically smirked, and said i played in the ECF in DET. There's no tougher crowd than that.

I've always thought the crowd hasn't been as good the last 2 years or so. Guess we're still pretty mean. :)

14. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

This thing could get very interesting if the Wiz takes game 4. I have been saying for a while that the Wiz look better without Arenas. You can`t deny Arenas`s abilty to score, however, without him on the floor the remaining players have more of a sense of urgency IMO.

For example, the ball movement is better, despite the fact Arenas avg about 6 asst a game, it`s like they are meaningless asst, if that makes any sense. Basically, dude doesn`t pass the ball much, or play defense.

Should be interesting if he remains with the Wiz.

15. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

What a strange series. A point swing between two consecutive games in one playoff series of SIXTY-SIX has gotta be some kind of record.

16. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

I don't care for both teams... but looking at the winners next opponent, i prefer the wizards. Also, i don't like to have worn down team to compete with the celtics. This will reduce our chances to win the EFC.

17. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Let's talk about us getting past the 1st round first. ECF seems far far away at this moment.

18. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

19. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Agent 0 done for the season....maybe the Wiz can come out and win without him now...after all they were winning before he came back.

Wizards not doing themselves any favors with 13 turnovers in the first half as they have a 2 point halftime lead.

It still physical as Songalia back handed lebron in the face and couple more flare-ups and techs surfaced in the first half...

20. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Wow, clutch finish by the Wizards to stay alive! Aided in no small part by the Cavs choking, big-time. They were pathetic down the stretch.