1st Round Wiz Vs. Cavs

Discussion in '2008 Playoffs' started by Dlev59, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

For the 3rd time in a row these two teams hook up in the playoffs. The Wiz are determined to not let Bron Bron and his imps eliminate them.

They have a good chance of reversing the curse this time around as improved play by Brenden Haywood and an improved defense will face a new look Cav team that seems out of sync.

I say Wiz in 6!
  2. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Re: Wiz Vs. Cavs series

God i am rooting for the wizards in 4... i swear everytime that punk opens his mouth i hate him more... he seems to think everybody in the world but him trash talks.... everybody but his team takes cheap shots at him... I hardly respect his game since most of it is going to the basket and getting calls... I hated bird and jordon in the day but they didn't have to have the refs in there pockets to be good.
  3. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA

I don't think Wizards have enough to win the series, although I do hope they do win.
  4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think wizards can win this series as long as refs don't take it from them or one of their key players is lost to an injury. So far the first game has been physical and somebody looks to get hurt in this series. Still al long way to go but if the wiz hang on to win game 1, Fred Mcleod's exhuberance last week will be all for naught:)
  5. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA

Wizards need to take advantage of the times when Bron is on the bench. Instead of that they let Cavs go on the run.
  6. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

I hate both these teams, but I would much rather see Lebron go home in the 1st round.
  7. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

I'll 2nd that... i guess i root for the team that will wear out boston the most in the next round.... sigh
  8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Wiz definitely blew this one when Lebron was on the bench and then took to many outside jumpers in crunch time when the Cavs were cold for that 2 minute spell. Lebron rested and then got those two hoops to put it away.

Still if the Wiz get game 2 then they might take this series. Although Arenas did his thing, looked like he may have tried to do to much in the end and the other players faded with him out there.
  9. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

GO WIZARDS!!
  10. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Any member of the Pistons would be facing a suspension for the elbow LeBron threw at Haywood.

If you slow down ESPN's closeup, you will see that it was purposeful and it was a swing. Funny no one in Washington's talking about it.
  11. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

You are absolutely correct. Nobody here is talking about that elbow, if that would have been Sheed he might have been ejected.

This game was lost by Eddie Jordan - or his players just didn`t listen to him. The Cavs were in the penalty with over 7 minutes to play, instead of attacking the basket they played as the Pistons sometime do, launching jumper after jumper.

One thing they did do and that`s make James pay for going to the basket a couple of times by putting bodies on him pretty good, which resulted in his elbow throwing.

When asked about the physical play from the Wiz James replied, "I was built for this, I am not 6-9 260 pounds to shoot jumpers, I go to the basket and create contact"

Was that a shot at the Pistons?
  12. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

The WIZARDS need that guy on the side of the van. Make LeBron Disappear...
  13. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I agree with what Bill Simmons of ESPN said in his playoff podcast. The Wizards MUST win in 6, because Lebron James is going to the free throw line at least 25 times if there is a game 7.
  14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

So Lebron led the Cavs in points, rebounds, assists, and blocks while holding his man to a 4-13 shooting night. Also, he had more free throws than the rest of his team combined. +34 on the night.

That sort of sounds like MVP stats to me. 12 assists to 1 turnover? Come on.
  15. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Isn't MVP a regular season award? I don't think these playoff games count. Not that it isn't impressive. But I'm a proud LeTravel hater. Any chance to erode his supremacy and image I will take. I can't help myself. :gun1:
  16. coynejeremy

Finals MVP, then. :stirthepot:
  17. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Coynejeremy, we aren't going to tangle on LeTravel and the Dastardly Spurs on the same day, are we? :pound:

If LeBron makes it to the NBA Finals I could see him being Finals MVP. Hasn't he been All-Star MVP already? I could see that the League would be so giddy to have him in the Finals that they would give it to him even if his team lost, if there was anyway to do it without showing obvious favoritism unlike last year.

Yeah, he probably has that in his future. But not this year. I do look forward to him skipping around the arena declaring his unending fealty to Jay-Z with the triangle hand signal. You can never get enough of that stuff with Lebron. He brings so much more than basketball to the court, you know. :stirthepot:
  18. coynejeremy

:pound:Nah, we'd better let it go. LOL. I don't care much for Lebron, either, I was just stirring the pot. :MusicBigGrin:
  19. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I had thought the Wizards would win this series, but man, that wasn't much of a prediction. I certainly can't recall many instances of a team recovering from going down 0-2 after a 30 point loss.
  20. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Well if the Cavs were the Pistons, it could happen...