1st Round PHX vs. Spurs

Discussion in '2008 Playoffs' started by Dlev59, Apr 19, 2008.

1. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Well, I'm actually a diehard fan of only one team; the Pistons. But IF the Pistons don't make it this year, I hope the Spurs do.
  2. max

max All-Star

Good choice. If you have to pick another team the Spurs are certainly looking like they are serious about repeating.

PHX was supposed to be a major contender this year and now they may get swept in the 1st round.
  3. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Who would of thought the Suns would be down 3-0 and the Sixers would be up 2-1?
  4. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

azcentral.com

This article could veey well be about another coach we all know and . . .

----------

The whole article is great (for Suns fans especially)
  5. b-diddy

b-diddy Second Round Draft Pick

imo, phx is better than the spurs. the difference being that the spurs are a much mentally tougher team. its more than evident that they are in the suns head big time. which is why this is an uncomfortable 24 pt lead. pretty much every other situation, 24 pts would be enough. i dont get that sense here. gotta go 48 minutes.

and yes, i still think phx has a chance in this series.
  6. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I don`t understand how you can come to this conclusion. if you are down to a team 3-0 in the playoffs, that team is definitely better than you are, period.

If PHX comes back they will be the only team in NBA history to come back from a 3-0 deficit.

It won`t happen!!!!!!!!!!
  7. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Well Spurs deserved the series, but IMO they deserved to lose game 5.

Pops is a jerk for going to hack a Shaq while up 5 in the first freaking quarter.

Collins suggested that needs to be a new rule where if you foul off the ball like that the team getting fouled gets to put their best FT shooter on the line to shoot them .

That whole thing was a joke.
  8. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I never saw this coming. Towards the end of the season the Spurs looked slow, they looked old, and they didn't seem to be able to put enough guys on the floor who could score. Barry, Horry, and Finley didn't seem able to compete in the CYO. Stoudemire had disappeared from the rotation. The Suns on the other hand were clicking, Shaq seemed to be making them better and surely this would be the year.

Wow. Too much execution for the Suns to handle, too much cool, too much Pops, and probably most importantly, too many guys willing to be coached and to make what they wanted to do on the floor subservient to what the coach wanted them to do. It's no mystery why Damon didn't play.

I thought the hack-a-insert Phoenix player of your choice was brilliant. It got Shaq out of the game some, and got the Suns' rotation just a little bit off, and high performance machines don't do well with things a bit off. Most importantly, by going to it early, in all game situations, and seemingly at random, it put the fear into Shaq. And it tossed another set of misfired possessions at Phoenix.

It ain't the coach. It ain't the players. Both have to be great, but it's the relationship between them that makes the Spurs, who on paper should maybe have won one game in this series, great.
  9. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I don't care if it worked or not. That off the ball hack-a-player crap isn't basketball. It's a gimmick used by coaches and teams that are afraid to play another team straight up.

It needs to be legislated out of the game the same way the shot clock got rid of that four corners keepaway crap.
  10. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That could be true about changing the rules - as the announcers also suggested. But, until done, it's just as much part of basketball as any other legal play - like fouling with ten seconds left when you're up by three in order to stop the other team from making a three to tie.

Still, there should be some penalty for someone making $20 million who can't hit more free throws than he misses.
  11. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

off the ball fouls need to be called rule wise like a Tech, anybody on the floor can shoot it and ball... I hate Shaq and normally respect San Ant and there coach.... but that is just cheap and not basketball...

We talk about our window shutting.... San Ant is really a team who's window is shutting, that is a 3 man team and if one part isn't working like ginobli not playing well last night..... Two players scored 60 of the 92 points and nobody else scored more the 8. Outside of the big 3 who cares you? Big shot bob was old when he beat us 3 years ago and there older yet now.... me think New Orleans is going to run them out of the gym.
  12. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

One can only hope.

I'm tired of Flopnobli. Tired of Horry. Tired of Frenchie and his chickie on the sidelines. Tired of Duncan and his Theo Huxtable 'tude. Tired of Bowen Scissorhands and hearing about his "defense". Tired of Popovich and his Bill Murray pock marks.

I'm tired of the Spurs. :gaah:
  13. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

There is a penalty. His team goes home early. His team should penalize him for not helping them get through the round. A thousand free throws every day during the off season seems like a decent fine. By next year he would be able to shoot them in his sleep.
  14. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Shaq bricking his FTs obviously hurt Phoenix last night, but WTF was up with them committing 4 turnovers in the last 90 seconds?! That was crazy!
  15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I love how they have a $20M player who isn't allowed to touch the ball in crunch time. Worst trade ever. If you don't see it now, let's talk in 2010.
  16. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    At least Chicago didn't give up anything other than cap space for Ben. :stirthepot:
  17. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Maybe to compensate for Rasheed's unwillingness to play on the blocks, players taller than 6'8" who wear an even jersey number should be forbidden to take more than 6 shots inside the arc every game. There could be a technical foul to help matters, even.
  18. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Steve Kerr should take the blame for Suns collapse by trading for Shaq when d'antoni's system couldn't adapt to it. After all Kerr traded for Shaq to beat the Spurs in a potential conference final and could notbeat them in the first round. At 36 years old Shaq was a role player at best and yeah the Suns needed some defense, but they lost something without marion...oh yeah the series.

Shaq would have been better coming off some contender bench that already had another big man in the middle
  19. detteam

detteam All-Star

Shaq's FT technique (?) makes Ben's look like Chauncey's. All these years playing ball and he looks like he's getting progressively worse. Apparently Kerr forgot that part of Shaq's game to do the trade...worst trade EVER.