1st Round Game 4 - At Orlando Sat April 28th 3pm

Discussion in '2007 Playoffs' started by roscoe36, Apr 22, 2007.

1. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Kinda sucks. Stayed up all nite to chat and try watching the game on the internet. Managed to do that till the half only when the connection just went dead. Really frustrating. However, was pretty glad to know that Pistons got their 1st sweep since 1990. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Why everyone is talking bout the Bulls having all the rest they needed to get ready for the next round. Last i know, they have not won anything yet other being 3-0 up. Hey, they may take another game or two before they actually advance. And they may have Deng, Gordon or even Hinrich all banged up before the next series, let alone Nocioni being all healed up and ready.

Whoever we face next round, it's the Eastern Conference Finals to me.

2. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Hey Roscoe, can I X out game 4 on the banner??:)

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Done D. Thanks for the reminder.

4. roscoe36

Postgame Press Interviews

Brian Hill

Flip Saunders

Chauncey Billups

Tayshaun Prince

Attached Files:

5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Points per game is always a little skewed, because the guards get all the free throws at the end, and it inflates their numbers.

If we ignore points, and only look at fields goals, look at the balance we had in this series:

Chauncey- 26 FG
    Tayshaun- 23
    Hamilton- 22
    R. Wallace- 22
    C. Webber- 21

How do you stop that?

6. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

At least we shouldn't have to hear the team is too tired from lack of bench PT crap:whoosh2:
    They should be fresh.. rested.. and ready to roll...no excuses

7. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

At the ESPN Daily Dime, Rasheed shares his...um...unique thoughts on the issue of having a week off before the next series starts:

So is that the new nickname for this team: "The Old-Ass Cats"? And all of us fans are, of course, the bandwagon-ass cats. :pound:

8. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Yeah, Arroyo was clearly the difference for Orlando in the first three games of the series. Him not being in there as much for Game 4 clearly led to this sweep. You're right.

9. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

I have really enjoyed Dale Davis' thuggery this series. It makes me feel like we're back in 1990. Go Dale!

10. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

No matter how deep we will go into the post season this year, Joe could shake the roster up, my anticipation that is. Some of those young gun's game just make me shake.

11. roscoe36

Need4Sheed.com: Pistons Dispose of The Magic

12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Is Joe Dumars a genious?

For trading with the Magic.
    Giving them just enough talent to make the playoff, but only enough to provide first round sweep material?
    :MusicBigGrin:

13. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Pistons deserved to sweep this series. They got the challenge they wanted, and they will also get some rest. No game was easy, and they got to see how well they would execute down the stretch in crunch time.

Seems like Flip is coaching better than he ever has. The decision to not play Lindsey when he was stinking it up was a beauty. No free rides on Flip's team! Hunter may get another chance next series against the Bulls as i can see the Pistons using the trap a lot more. They only deployed it once in this entire series from memory - in game 4 - and it was effective.

Bench play has to be reassuring. Delfino doing his thing in limited minutes, he was the one who keyed the run to get the Pistons back into it in the 2nd quarter. Flip did ok, got 4 steals, but still tends to get stuck deep in the lane on his penetration and not being able to find someone. Dice needs to get his jumpshot working again in this week off. Seems he was getting too much time to shoot it in the Magic series and looked to be hesitating just a fraction. DD is going to be useful against the Bulls with his toughness.

Tay had a great series. CB looks very in control and his outside shot is falling again. Rip not forcing anything. Sheed draining 3-bombs. C-Webb consistent.

Bring on the Bulls!

14. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I was worried about Deng, but Tay is in a good rhythm as well. Sheed should be the go to guy this series. If Ben is on Sheed get it to both Sheed and Webber.

15. Play On Players

Play On Players First Round Draft Pick

I can't remember what month it was or what stretch of games it was but do you guys remember how Webber and 'Sheed dominated games together? I loved all the talk about how nobody could stop our 2 big men and you had to pick and choose who you were going to attack and when you went after one, the other was free to do some damage. I loved those games! Do you guys think the Pistons will go to that in the Bulls series? I just think it would be great to see our new center and 'Sheed bringing it against Big Ben.

16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It's a little pathetic that we need to give him kudos this, but I agree that he did a nice job benching him when it counted.

Now, against the Bulls, Lindsey can be an asset. It's nice having veteran role players at this point in the season.

17. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

That was basically our 5 game West coast trip. (approximately) Webber averaged just barely shy of a 20-10 during this stretch. Since then, Webber came down with a prolonged bout with the flu, and only quite recently has gotten past the ill effects of that. Don't be surprised if that 20-10 Webber shows up in the Chicago series. (The question is, will Webber play good enough D for us to stay on the floor. Guys like JMAX and Dale Davis might be taking a lot of his minutes in this series.)

18. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Webber isn't the athlete he used to be, but it has not diminished his quick hands. He and Sheed will be key in the upcoming series with their ability to disrupt passing lanes.

19. Play On Players

Play On Players First Round Draft Pick

The defending champs were swept and Dallas went down 1-3? Yesterday was one crazy ass day in the NBA! As I posted at Need4Sheed.com, we got to be looking out for those bandwagon cats who are looking to sneak into the base. No hitch hikers, damnit! And that means you too, Kerr!

20. Mr.Shady

Mr.Shady First Round Draft Pick

Yepp, this Po is totally crazy :)