1st Round Game 3 - At Orlando Thurs April 26th 8pm

Discussion in '2007 Playoffs' started by roscoe36, Apr 22, 2007.

1. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

I can't see Darkos agent settling for that. He will field all offers and I suspect there will be some juicy ones. Darko is showing just enough to support the hype of several years ago.

2. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

The more they talk about Brian Hill returning, the better it sounds for Darko to get outta town. I was watching the Lakers last night after the Piston game and it seems that they could use him. I would bet that Koby might even get him the ball and Phil would promote it. Playing with a mobile superstar, maybe the best player in the game today, would be good for DMC.

Brian has no clue as to how to coach a basketball team and whether we like him or not, Phil is a top level coach.

As far as Orlando is concerned, having Dwight there to absorb all the entry passes into the middle, DMC gets so few chances it is ridiculous to the extreme. Dwight leads the league in turnovers and he is the one they try to go to in crunch time. And without JJ or another outside threat on the floor, it isn't going to improve much, soon. When they go through Darko, he gets the ball to Dwight in much better position than any of the guards.

Sorry if I hi-jacked the thread to comment on your thought, but I think we have pretty much established that the Pistons are THE club in the east so we don't have to keep :deadhorse !!

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

What I mean what I speak about "other" teams is the few who can pay Darko more than his qualifying offer/lowball from Orlando. Not too many teams have cap space, and of those, there are going to be several big name free agents that may tempt them over DMC.

Money wise, Darko is strapped to Orlando in my opinion. But if he isn't concerned about playing for a more modest income in the right opportunity, then there are many teams in the league who will be interested in his services.

4. linwood

linwood All-Star

The local Seattle papers have been speculating that Orlando will pick up Rashard Lewis to replace Grant Hill. Not sure if they would have the money for a near max deal for Lewis and still pay the kid and his agent big bucks.

5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

… you almost don’t want to take him out of the game because he does so much for us with the ball "
    -
    com'mon that's how you feel about all your fantastic starters. you love to play them, it's like music to your eyes.
    -
    R36, what about trade bait for Darko? I'm sure there are teams that would gladly ditch 3 or 4 of their bodies to get Darko. Thus making cap space.

6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

The Collective Bargaining Agreement doesn't work like that.

If you cut guys, their salaries stay on the books until the buyouts expire. If you trade guys, you have to take back similar value in contracts or contract markers.