1st Round Game 3 - At Orlando Thurs April 26th 8pm

Discussion in '2007 Playoffs' started by roscoe36, Apr 22, 2007.

1. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Low, now we know that if Flip said he put 100K in Low's Swiss bank account you would find something wrong with how the transaction went...
    it's cool, we understand your hatred towards Flip has no limits.
    Flip says we should win... Low says see he's pissin' off the other team.
    Flip pulls a Nellie and says we don't stand a chance... Low says he's sounding like a loser
    Fliip says I ate cornflakes this morning... Low say it was prolly the wrong brand... ya see it simply don't matter what Flip says... it's automatically wrong before it's said.
  2. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:pound: :pound:

Although the cats laying on my desk are saying, "Yeah, so what? That's the way we do it. Want me to chew off a leg for you?".
  3. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Compelling!
  4. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Another quote from Orlando:

:pound: :pound: :pound: :pound:
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

They only have 2 games left in the season. It would be unfair to their graduating seniors if he benched them now.
  6. Jackattaq

Jackattaq First Round Draft Pick

Yeah, because Battie has "EARNED" that starting spot over Darko with his play all season and the first two games of this series, right? Am I right?

There's no way that Darko's play could beat out a veteran like Battie's is there?

Also just for kicks:

Here are Sheed's numbers this series and Darko's numbers extrapolated to be equivalent to playing as many minutes as Sheed.

16.5 ppg, 3.5 PF, 1.5 BLKS, .5 STLS, 0 TO's, 2 ASTS, 8.5 REBS 1 FTA's per game, 50% FT, 48% FG.
    15.6 PPG, 3.25 PF, 1.95 BLKS, 0 STLS, .65 TO's, .65 AST, 6.5 REBS, 4.5 FTA's, 57% FTS, 67% FGS.

It sure seems as though Battie is doing a great job of slowing Sheed doesn't it?

Just like how Sheed's points are all coming in the first quarter against Battie.

I can see how Brian Hill gets alot of criticism.
  7. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Unless that 100K comes with a championship...I'm mailin it back.
  8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Please take the money. It is what Larry Brown would do! :D
  9. Jackattaq

Jackattaq First Round Draft Pick

Now, THAT is funny.
  10. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Atts my boy :MusicBigGrin:
  11. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Well, not to provoke anyone to this--->:pirates:, but if I can only have one team win tonight between the Wings and Pistons, I would go with the Wings. Not because I like them more (I don't), but they need it more.

The Pistons are gonna win this series irregardless of what happens tonight.

Exciting night. But I'll probably be at my kids little league game for much of it. Oh joy..oh rapture.
  12. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

No, LB would make Dolphin win the title first and then resend 200K.
  13. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

14. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

good game by the pistons. tay owned hedo. cb and jameer cancelled each other out. cwebb played great in the second half. sheed was sheed. rip had an off night.

another good game by darko. i bet battie still starts for game 4 anyway.
  15. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Just what we wanted. After a bad start, the Pistons played great the rest of the way, winning each of the last three quarters after rallying to tie it at the end of the first. Everyone in the starting lineup except Rip had a great game--Tay led the way with 23, and CWebb bounced back from a bad first half with a huge 3rd quarter. The 3-balls were falling, and the Pistons sealed the deal in the 4th with some lockdown D. Dice had 11 boards off the bench, and the Pistons had the overall rebounding edge 47-39. This was definitely their best game of the series so far.

Well, this is an unusual spot for us to be in, up 3-0 in a series for the first time since the Bad Boys era. I guess they might come out lazy in the next game, but with Orlando demoralized from getting pounded in this game, the series will probably end this weekend.
  16. Play On Players

Play On Players First Round Draft Pick

That was a great game. 4 techs... gotta love it! McDyess' block on Hill was the prettiest thing I've ever seen. I know there are chronic pessimists amongst us but if you didn't like that game get the hell out of the base!
  17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It's strange. It doesn't really feel like playoff basketball because we are in such control. It is the same feeling I get when I'm watching a hockey game where the Wings are up by 2 goals. It's possible they'll lose, but not bloody likely.

How poised was Prince? The whole team was emotional, except for the 2 assassins, Smooth and Tay. Combined for 16-29 from the floor. 5-8 from deep.

The rebounding was great and, like the scoring, it was spread across the board. Dyess-11, Webber-7, Prince-7, Sheed-6, Billups-6, Hamilton-5, Delfino-3.

Webber went on a great little run to start the 2nd half. He is really maximizing his performance given how dang slow he is. What a smart player.

I don't know why, but I just love seeing Davis get some real burn. He's like a link to the Bad Boys. He didn't show up in the stat sheet, but he was playing physical with Orlando, and I think it helped.

Now, did those last 5 games of the regular season really matter? We could have played Flip Saunders, Cowens, Harper, Abdenour, and Porter... although it would have finally given Kander a real challenge.
  18. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Great game for the Pistons.

A very balanced attack and solid effort in what is normally a let down game for the team.
  19. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Orlando did well in this game for the most part. The Pistons did a whole lot better though. Tay was hitting his outside shots all game long (well, at least for the last three quarters). Webber was cooking inside. I think he got like 17 points, everyone inside. Sheed hit some shots, as did CB. Rip was shooting short most of the game, but his off night was hardly noticed amongst all the scoring we did get.

Webber did not get all that many bounds, but most he did get were offensive rebounds where he put the ball in. Dyess played plenty due to foul trouble on both Webber and Sheed. Dyess hit a jumper or two, got a lot of bounds. Dale Davis played a few stints, good to see him in the game. Even Maxiell got to play a couple of minutes at the end of the first half. Considering we got Amir Johnson in the wings, man do we ever have depth at the bigs position.

Dale Davis scored once on a putback I believe, but he also was in there fighting for those bounds, helping us to some 2nd chance points.

For Orlando, Howard got quite a few dunks on us, maybe about 6, but Darko looked more impressive. Darko even got to shoot an outside shot-one he has missed once in the last month out of about 6 tries. He made the shot. Kind of rebelling against his coach, who does not want him taking these outside shots, even if he can make them all day. Grant Hill was over the hill, missing most all his shots, regardless of how open. Turk did little except give up all those shots to Tay. Nelson did hit some shots for Orlando, but gave up a lot too. Battie was invisible. In all, except for Howard, Orlando's starting lineup is just not very good.

Will game 4 be any different. Doubt it. I did not listen to any interviews after the game, but I bet Hill has already said he will not change a thing. So what he is now 0-7 vs. the Pistons this year. He will say they competed and that is all that matters. In other words, the guy is a loser so us Pistons fans can look forward to yet another easy win on Saturday.

Had some techs in this one. The one Sheed got was more from an earlier "discussion" he had with the ref vs. the call when he got the tech.

The Pistons did fine with Murray in. Murray did pretty much nothing, but hey, he also did not make many bad decisions either. Billups got plenty of rest. Delfino played plenty. No Hunter. Let me see, thats a nine man rotation with a tenth guy playing a couple of minutes. Not bad.

There was plenty of unneeded roughness going both ways in this game. The craziest thing I think is when Howard squished Webber. He literally jumped on Webber's back. We got the ball out of bounds on the foul call. But how in the heck is that not a flagrant foul, or at least called a shot attempt. How can the refs tell what Webber is trying to do under that mountain anyway?

The game was made entertaining by a few things. Tays shooting. Webbers inside play. Darko's play on both ends of the floor. And all those dunks by Howard, one of which was of monstrous proportions.

Orlando was doing fine in the first half, right until the end of the half. Tay hit a three, then stole the inbound pass with under 3 seconds to go, and passed the ball to Billups who nailed a 3. Six points in a span of 4 seconds, making a 2 point game an 8 point game. The lead stayed at 8 to start the 2nd half, but we started pulling away on the strenth of rthe inside play by Webber and more Tay triples. GO PISTONS!!!!!
  20. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Good report, Lee. Nice to see Webber back. We will need him.