1st Round Game 3 - At Orlando Thurs April 26th 8pm

Discussion in '2007 Playoffs' started by roscoe36, Apr 22, 2007.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

At Orlando

THURS. April 26th - 8:00 PM

TV: TV20 Detroit
    Radio: WDFN 1130 AM

2. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Curse of the Game Three Phantom.

Anyone know the odds on this game. The Sheed interview on NBA.com mentioned the Pistons historic tendency to drop this game.

My prediction is that we'll see a Maxiell, DD sighting. But only briefly.

3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

This time the Pistons will exorcise the game 3 demons. Just a hunch.

4. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Last year we dropped game three to the Bucks and the year before we dropped game three to the Sixers...both after going up 2-0.

In fact, last year we lost game three in every series...so the odds are that we will win game three in this series because how could we keep losing all these game threes?

5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Remember that the Magic have been a terrible road team this year. There is no doubt that they will play tougher at home. The Pistons really need to take this next game seriously.

The Magic fans are not used to making the playoffs and will be energized.

6. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Just keep the pedal to the metal. I think it was Sheed who said that game 3 is very important in the series not to give Magic any thoughts they could get back into this series.

7. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

This is the only game I could see the Pistons dropping. If they take this one I predict they will crank up the intensity and blow out the Magic in Game 4 on Saturday.

8. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I got out my fat samurai avatar to chase away all the evil spirits...and some cute chicks as well. Life's pretty hard as a fat samurai.

9. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

One of two things will happen, and they all depend on BHill.

Either he will solidify his standing as one of the worser coaches in the NBA by making zero adjustments, and the Pistons once again toy with the Magic on their way to a sweep.

Or he realizes Darko is better than Battie, and Nelson sucks. So he starts Darko and Dooling/Arroyo. In this case, the Magic either show some pride and sneak out a win, or get completely embarrassed because they already quit on their coach.

10. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think we might see Sheed's best game as a Piston Thursday night. He really seems on top of his game so far and I think understands the importance of not giving these guys any air at all.

11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I would love to see that. It's tough to tell the difference between Sheed being focused and Sheed hitting 3 pointers. If he took all the same shots and missed them, I don't think we'd be praising him for stretching the defense.

But going on body language (he seems to have a serious demeanor), and lack of arguing with the refs, I am leaning toward the theory that Sheed is hungry again. When Sheed is done with the Magic, there will be nothing left but bones and a little gristle.

12. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Body language, lack of arguing, and a pretty serious committment to defense.

13. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    I would add going after boards and posting up down low quite a bit more.

14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

As the contrarian, I'll add that:

He has made 1 shot that was not a jump shot from outside the paint, and that was a tip-in.

So, he has 0 dunks, and 0 post moves in the paint or from "close" range.

Besides that tip in, he has 1 offensive rebound.

He has made 1 free throw.

When he's on the court, we are giving up an eFG of 50%... not that great.

When he's on the court, we are getting outrebounded, which is not good since we are the team shooting the higher %.

I love the way he's making shots, but just want to point out that he does not appear to be doing the dirty work yet. Hopefully because he hasn't had to.

15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Orlando Magic NBA stats and data from 82games.com

Also, I am only posting this because it is ironic/ coincidental that the best 3 players from a Roland Rating, Production, and +/- standpoint for the Magic are Milicic, Arroyo, and Hill.

Surprisingly, Arroyo's #s this year look very good. Coach Hill doesn't think he is effective though and really cut hit PT down. I think there must be something about Arroyo's flair that turns coaches off.

16. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

In my most humble opinion, its real simple. Arroyo is a better basketball player than his coaches are coaches. Arroyo is often right, and the coach wrong, about the approach to the game. This causes conflict, since Arroyo hates to lose, and tries his best to get his coach to improve his coaching. The bottomline is that stubborness on the coaches part is the problem, not Arroyo. We will give Brian Hill this much, he is at least less stubborn than some. Given orerriding evidence all year long about something, he will change his mind. Too slow really do to his team much good, but at least he will change his mind.

17. basketbills

The first thought that comes to mind with Arroyo is overdribbling...although I understand some people don't call it that. In any case he has worked his way out of the doghouse.

18. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

in my opinion arroyo dribbles a lot but he usually ends up with a good shot. if a coach called pick and roll and told arroyo not to wait the clock out his team would end up with a very good shot. lb used to want us to manage the clock so that would make arroyo appear to overdriblle. i don't think we would call it overdribbling if 10 seconds into the shot clock you're running the pick and roll. if you like arroyo or not you have to admit he's a good pick and roll guard even when he is looking for his own shot. you also have to admit that he's a great passer. that's why i still like him as a player he just hasn't caught the right coach and system yet.

anyway i predict. b. hill makes no adjustments and we win again. although i think a few adjustments may come in from over his head.

19. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

My issue with Arroyo is on the defensive side... it's usually a free ride.
    I haven't followed the Magic like some of the DHOFers but it does seem curious that Battie and Arroyo are starting over DMC & Dooling.
    I got a hunch Darko will have a solid game this Thursday... he's definately got the Palace funks (had one good game this year in Auburn Hills).... I'd be happy if Sheed matched Darko.

20. basketbills

I'm with you Merc on Dooling and Darko starting. I'm not sure coach Hill has it in him though but it seems to make sense. Dooling particularly could be a big improvement.