1st Round Game 2 - Orlando Mon April 23rd 7pm

Discussion in '2007 Playoffs' started by roscoe36, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I'm with Tater. If the Pistons ran through the entire playoffs with every single series being this "boring" (which obviously isn't going to happen), I wouldn't mind it one bit.
  2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

We were the only team to score 100 points in the first game of the first round. I thought higher scoring = excitement.

Orlando just doesn't have any players that the general populus wants to see lose. They are nice guys with a sub .500 record who can't compete with a veteran team. Like it or not, that really is the recipe for a boring series.

The next series could be the highlight of the playoffs though! Det/Chi or Det/Mia would both have some storylines.
  3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I think the next series is Detroit and Chicago and I suggest that all you people who are bored :bored:should bring an extra pair of drawers to those games.

I remember being in chat for game one with Orlando. If I recall correctly, a few people were pretty nervous there at the end of the game. I guess they are they same people that like going on those amusement park roller coaster rides. Those rides are a ball...unless and until they derail...:scared:

I hear what you guys are saying, but I just want to win. That, in itself is very exciting to me.
  4. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    I am with you on that one. Just win them games nomatter how beautiful or ugly and what the score is.
  5. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

what about we win this series in 6 games? this could be an early warning that nothing can come easy. What happened last year was the extra confidence the Pistons had. They thought they can win any game any moment the turn the switch. I am ok with losing two games in this series.
  6. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

You shouldn't expect anything out of a series like this. That it's living up to the lowest possible expectations is itself boring.

The Pistons are doing the least possible to get a win, and I don't mean that they're being efficient; they're just trying to get through 48 minutes at a time against a team they seriously outclass.
  7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

For many our first extended look at DarkoBall. Let Darko go for 30 with a Piston loss and Magic fan will commit Har-Kari in delight. Leave me alone.
  8. max

max All-Star

Not necessarily here. On talk radio a few days ago everyone was excited because of all the ex-Pistons and the fact that it was not Milw again. Then after game #2 it became boring.

If you are the #1 seed you are supposed to win the 1st 2 home games. it will be a little harder in Orlando, Howard/Hill will get more calls, someone will get hot.

Be carefull what you wish for. Blew NJ out in the 1st 2 homes games back in 04. Not saying that will happend again.

Compared to what the reg season was like this is much more interesting.
  9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I don't think it will be possible for Hill to get more calls. The referees were treating him like royalty in Game 2. :)
  10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Postgame presser audio. I like to listen to these in the background as I work.

Attached Files:

11. max

max All-Star

It will get worse over there. Pistons can handle it though. Game 3 will be the toughest but if its too bad the league will tell them to cool it. Lets hope we get a good ref crew.