1st Round Game 2 - Orlando Mon April 23rd 7pm

Discussion in '2007 Playoffs' started by roscoe36, Apr 22, 2007.

1. linwood

linwood All-Star

I am looking forward to Lindsey at his new front office job. :)
  2. max

max All-Star

he has one more year left..
  3. linwood

linwood All-Star

Guess I'll have to look a little more forward.

:ohwell: :cheerleader:
  4. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:pound::pound::pound:
  5. max

max All-Star

This series is not a good fit for him. He will be usefull as the playoffs continue.
  6. Play On Players

Play On Players First Round Draft Pick

7. max

max All-Star

I am not a big LB fan either. But give credit where it is due. LB and his staff put in a lot of hard work and long hours with that kid. If nothing rubbed off then thats his fault. That kind of expert instruction is not easy to find or cheap. All he did was waste everyones time.
  8. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

I have to mention, though, that if you are being taught to play a game such as bball, using those moves against your own teammates, who are being taught by the same coaches, does not do much good. You have to get the chance to use them in game situations against other teams before you really learn them. That is why he is still not up to where he should be.

I might compare it to taking batting practice. You know the moves of your opponents and they know yours. You gotta go up against real opponents before you really validate it.

That is what he is doing now.
  9. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Just finished watching the game. Seems like the game was never in doubt, even in the 2nd quarter when it got really close. Magic still can't hit the free throws, Howard looked scared, Arroyo is flopping around like a bird, and the coach is clueless. Sheed is staying true to his form - everything for the playoffs. Dyess' shot is off, so is Delfino's. Although both played hard, went to the boards and chased after all the loose balls.
  10. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

Flip Saunders says that he CB is out few minutes and the lead is dropped. I look at the box score and CB played 41+ minutes and Hamilton played 44+ minutes. If we need our guards to play this much in the first round with the magic, then this was not an easy game. I am more worried about what to do against the MAVS in the Finals. We need our bench to play better ball.
  11. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

You do not know what you are talking about here. I know what was really going on between Darko and Brown. Although I am not at liberty to say exactly, just believe me when I say Brown never did Darko any good at all.
  12. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Starter 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I got to watch the game;
    my thoughts:
    Darko played decent- the playoffs are the ultimate test for him and this far he' showed that he's able to handle the pressure. His defense against Sheed in the 4th was just great. He's also becoming a real low post threat.
    Next season, he'll just be fine.
    Billups was extremely important yesterday. Every time when it seemed as if the Magic could start a run to get back in the game, he nailed an important shot.
    Dyess has become a softie. He really has only one offensive weapon in his fadeaway jumper. If this jumper ain't fallin', he can't get anything going.
    But he showed nice D against Howard again and he's the only real rebounder on our team right now. He deserves the minutes, even if he's ineffective on the offensive end.
    Webber is running like a 50 year old. His jumping ability has completely gone and so has his once powerfull game. On the bright side, he still has the basics. You can give him the ball to work in the post and, at times, he penetrates and shows he's still a thread- somehow. I wonder if he'll be able to sustain the entire playoff run. To me, he seems totally messed up.
    For the Magic, their guards are simply weak. Every time Arroyo tried to play some aggressive D, Billups abused him for a stupid foul or got past him. Same for Nelson. We still don't know if Billups will be able to carry the team like that against teams with stronger guards.
    Currently, we'd be totally lost without him- you can watch that every time he's off the floor.
  13. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Billups did score twice against Arroyo, but he also missed several times shooting against him. Compared to Nelson, Arroyo defended Billups fine. Which is a problem. Coach Hill could always wise up and remove Nelson from his rotation, and there would go most of our easiest shots. And if he took Battie out of the game, there would go a considerable number of easy shots too. (Sheed shot far too easily over Battie.) But note, not a single Orlando fan, as far as I can tell, has one drop of faith that coach Hill cares a bit about winning. They feel this loser needs to be run out of town after this season, and are looking forward to next year.
  14. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

PopcornMachine's GameFlow - Orlando @ Detroit

PopcornMachine's BoxScore - Orlando @ Detroit

15. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

You can't just leave that floating like that. How bout a hint?

As for the game, Pistons look bored, Brian Hill is really, really bad. And G Hill made a cut on Delfino that reminded me of just how good he used to be.

As for the D Man, Orlando has outscored the Pistons in every quarter that Darko has played significant minutes. In two games he's +5 and +10; Battie is -11 and -10. Has played Sheed well, has shown good moves in the paint, yet BHill still starts Battie, and the guards still won't pass him the ball.

Like Roscoe said, let Turk keep shooting. Every good game he has like last night, means he'll take that many more bad shots when his stroke is off. Wouldn't be suprised to see him go 3 for 20 next game.
  16. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

17. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

:pound::pound::pound:

Actually, I know what REALLY went on between Darko and Brown because my source trumps all others, but I am more not at liberty to say than you are, so therefore this is conclusive proof that I know the truth and this should end all arguments.
  18. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Did it have anything to do with Darko and Shelley Brown?:stirthepot:
  19. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Now this kinda ticks me off. You KNOW this happens. ITS HAPPENED ALL SEASON LONG!!!!! What was done about it??

I love Hunter but he's been able to hand in 1 good game in like 5. Playoffs blah blah, playoffs blah blah. The SAME THING IS GOING ON. Hello! You don't just magicaly transform into a great team!

Murray gave a good account of himself in the late season. Why not play him more. If neither can run an offense, use someone else. Feature Cwebb at the post while the PG attacks. Let Tay,Rip and Delf take turns initiating. DO SOMETHING.

I can only hope that this is part of Flips poker strategy and I am just being fooled.
  20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Turkoglu shot ZERO free throws. What does that say about a player when he has one of his best games and doesn't get to the line?

I don't think Dyess' shot went cold, I just think that Orlando is affecting it with Battie/Darko. Also, don't expect Dyess to get down and dirty in the trenches unless we really need it. This guy wants a ship as bad as anyone... and he's not going down with an ankle sprain in the first round when we have the lead.

Sheed- He's really playing smart right now. Orlando is a perfect team to take his game outside until they prove they can defend it.

Chaunce- I love it when he looks for the 3-ball in the first 3/4 of the game. He is one dangerous man out there and should make them respect it early.

All in all, the game didn't have much intensity and it looked like we were scrimmaging. I'll take it.