1st Round Game 2 - Orlando Mon April 23rd 7pm

Discussion in '2007 Playoffs' started by roscoe36, Apr 22, 2007.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Orlando

MON. April 23rd - 7:00 PM

TV: TV20 Detroit
    Radio: WDFN 1130 AM
  2. roscoe36

3. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Game 2 will be one of adjustments. Brian Hill will make no fundamental adjustments, so there is not much to worry about. He probably will play some of his bench guys more, but not enough to worry us too much. For the most part, he will keep his inept starters in the game and make it easy for us.

On Saunders part, he will adjust things as needed to make sure we win the game. He will show Orlando as little as possible, just barely getting the job done. Another close game coming up, should be fun to watch.
  4. roscoe36

Can we stop Darko? Will Tony Battie step up?

Is Pat Garrity or Bo Outlaw a X-factor?

The best question may be, can Grant Hill go 4 games against Rip?
  5. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I like that idea. Maybe he's coming into the playoffs just a little bit craftier than last time.
  6. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I got my RED X ready for the countdown.

GO Pistons!!!!
  7. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

roscoe, you cannot stop Darko; we merely have to hope to slow him down a little :stirthepot: :stirthepot: !!

How many times shave you heard that old bromide?

I am not looking for a blowout but the Pistons will win because they have better players.

And Brian Hill (:nerd2: ) will not make any changes that matter much.
  8. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Can Magic actually make adjustments, even if they wanted to? Do they have the personnel to do that? They'll still turn the ball over, they still can't shoot free throws, and Howard can rebound and dunk, Nelson is still undersized, Grant is not the same, and Battie... If we pay a bit more attention to Milicic he won't be nearly a factor. Just get it done, close game or not, and don't overplay the starters.
  9. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I agree with Lazy. Darko will get his points. We really have to accept that Darko will hurt us and hope that the other players don't get into some kind of Darko-zone.
  10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Orlando has been trying to make adjustments all year to stop the turnovers and they just can't do it. Either 1) they don't listen to their coach, 2) the coach has no idea what he's talking about, or 3) their personel is not capable of changing.

I've been on basketball teams with turnover problems, and based on that experience, I'd put the blame on the players. You can talk about it all you want, but these guys (Howard, Nelson) just don't value possessions. They probably never have in their lives at any level of bball. They shouldn't need a coach to point this out to them.
  11. roscoe36

They probably think they are still playing AAU ball.
  12. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

This %%%%ng sucks I have to go to dumbass seminiar tonite for a continuing education credit so more than likely I will miss the game. You guys enjoy the game for me, anyway, Go Pistons!!!!!!!!!!!
  13. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Have to blame the coach. He refuses to replace the players making the turnovers or to adjust his offense to better fit the players he has.

The first game went exactly as I thought. Pistons dominated, then let Orlando get close like they were crossing the finish line jogging backwards. Game was never in doubt.

Expect tonight to be more of the same. CB and Rip abuse Jameer. Dwight makes 5 or 6 turnovers, and other than dunks, can't score. The only Orlando players worth anything are Hill, Turk, and Darko. And Hill is broken, Turk has no basketball IQ, and the coach doesn't play Darko enough.

Things I'd like to see: More Sheed/Darko 1 on 1 matchups; CB breaking Jameers ankles; Delfino with another solid game; Murray playing under control; Amir and JMax getting some cleanup time.
  14. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm more a Darko neutral than anything else, but I just don't see how in the world Hill cannot start him.

But yes, Hill has a lot fewer levers to pull.
  15. mikhail1973

Found this interesting site.

GAME 2: Orlando Magic over Detroit Pistons (04/23, 7:00 pm)

Probability 16%
    Historical Trend of this prediction
    [​IMG]
    Where does this prediction come from?
    The likelihood of this prediction is computed in real time by a prediction market. The prediction is treated like a stock that traders can buy and sell. The transactions are conducted with virtual money (X$) according to the following contract rule:

Each K4237ORL contract that you buy will be worth X$100 if the Orlando Magic defeat the Detroit Pistons in game 2 (04/23, 7:00 pm ET), X$50 if the teams tie or if the game is cancelled, and nothing otherwise.
    While the outcome is uncertain, traders negotiate the stock price according to supply, demand, and the latest relevant news. The stock price, between x$0 and x$100, is a good indicator of the likelihood of the predicted event.

GAME 2: Orlando Magic over Detroit Pistons (04/23, 7:00 pm)
  16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

In 48 playoff games with the Detroit Pistons, Darko averaged 44 seconds of playing time. It all added up to 35 minutes.

He currently has logged 27 minutes with Orlando. So, barring injury, he is set to break his personal record of most playoff minutes with 1 team in tonight's game. He will probably stop the game with an intentional foul so that he can cellebrate his achievement.
  17. roscoe36

Maybe he will try the mysterious eye gouge again...
  18. mikhail1973

How about some suggestions from Orlando Magic Fan : Fan resource covering news, opinion and rumors?

Aside from the obvious reducing turnovers and improving on the free throw line, the Magic need to make a few minor tweaks in order to beat the Detroit Pistons. Here are a couple things that I think the Magic could adjust to help their chances of beating the Pistons.
    • First, get Hedo the ball. Hedo appeared to score without any problem when he had the ball. The Magic need to get him involved early in the offensive play and run him off screens when he's not.
    • Where's JJ? Without a serious 3 point threat, it's pretty easy to defend Howard. I'd like to see Hedo and JJ on the floor at times to help spread the floor and make the other team pay for doubling up on Howard.
    • Stop the unnatural substitution patterns. Having Howard play until 8 minutes to go in the second quarter is not the brightest idea. Get him out towards the end of the first so he gets the extra time between quarters and then bring in back in with 9 to go in the second part of each half.
    • Point guard play. I think we have to start Dooling at PG in order to have a chance. He's not a long-term solution for the Magic, but he's all we got to play the position for now. This opens up room for Trevor and JJ to come in at natural positions ( for Hedo/Grant). Nelson/Arroyo can split time behind Dooling depending on who's playing the hardest.
    • Ariza. Real simple here. Ariza has to show up and has to play 20+ minutes in order for this team to have any real chance. He's not the answer, but a big part of the answer. His length and quickness will create problems for the Pistons.
    • Tony Battie. The guy only averages 24 minutes a game this year for us. But his leadership will help - especially in late game situations. Let's try 30 minutes and see where things go.
    No one thing is going to make the Magic contenders overnight. But the Pistons can get lazy and the Magic can get lucky. The team needs to turn up the intensity and make some minor tweaks in order to have a chance. I just hope the coaching staff is capable of understanding the issues and adjusting the roles accordingly. Let's GO Magic!!!
  19. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Just what do they think Trevor Ariza's going to do? He's a good defensive small forward, but he's not quick enough to guard Rip and not big enough to guard Rasheed. He might be able to check Tayshaun, but if Detroit are running their offense through Tayshaun Prince they've got bigger problems than Trevor Ariza.

And he has no jumpshot or go-to post up move on the other end, either.
  20. Jackattaq

Jackattaq First Round Draft Pick

I just found out I'm going to the game tonight. My wife's work has rented a suite and they had extra tickets. I can't wait.

Yes, although it may be sacreligious I will be wearing my Pistons Darko jersey and rooting for the kid to play well in a Piston's victory.

I hope we show the Magic who is boss tonight and take away any hope that they have of winning a game this series.

But I will still root hard for Darko because I think he's a fine player and got a raw deal in Detroit.

Besides, the better he plays, the more Orlando will have to pay to keep him. Him signing a bigger deal means they have less money to put pieces around Howard and Milicic. It's a good thing for Piston's fans.

I'm pumped, I just wish my mother in law would get here soon so I don't miss the opening tip. Oh well, I guess that's what happens when you need to get the "emergency babysitter" in a hurry.

GO PISTONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!