1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

1st Round Game 1 - Orlando Sat April 21st 7pm

Discussion in '2007 Playoffs' started by max, Apr 19, 2007.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I would agree with your statement in general...

But Naz seems kind of stiff and slow to the ball. His post moves are terrible and he has really started bricking his FT line J's. I could see him getting some rebounds and put backs, but I just can't imagine him putting up Amir-like #'s. I'd pay to see it though.

2. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i'll be there. see you guys at the game!!

3. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

I love making predictions.................First game..........................
    Pistons 96 - Magic 93..............

Go Pistons.........

4. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I am talking about the coach Brian Hill

5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

6. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Im at my desk at work watching the game. We have a 1080HDTV in my office though! Sweet! My see yall in the chat...GO PISTONS!

7. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Orlando shot 60% from the field.

Other than that, good enough.

8. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

True to form. 6-8 point difference again with the Magic. Glad we were on the upper end of that score.

9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Sheed was great! Sheedtastic!

We played well in the first Q, then coasted the rest of the way, a couple times letting Orlando get a little too close for comfort.

If there is a "switch" the Pistons flip, let's hope it stays on for longer than one quarter.

Goooo Pistons!

10. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Bad execution down the stretch allowed Orlando to get back in it, almost all the way back to a one possession game. First and third quarters were great for the Pistons, but the second and fourth were pretty weak. Gonna have to play with more consistency. Magic missed 18 free throws and had 20 turnovers, but we can probably count on similar numbers from them in those two categories in each game.

11. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

I'm starting to lose my confidence in Tay.

12. Sanddunes

Sanddunes First Round Draft Pick

Where was Flip Jr?

13. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Two 14 pt leads and a 16 pt lead blown all the way down to 3 points. Somebody needs a tongue lashing here. Magic shot better from floor than they did from the FT line. I think the Magic got a moral victory here. If not for their 21 turnovers and 18 missed Ft's they could have beaten the Pistons.

They killed the Pistons in the paint 44-24 and shot 58% from the field. They got a lot of fouls called their way in the first half.

Flip should take some blame here for sitting Sheed to long in the second qtr. The Hunter curse appeared to be affect as he came in at the end of the first quarter and the beginning of the 4th and offense bogged down both times. Flip should try Flip jr in game two to see if he can bring more to the table than what Hunter gave us.

Going back to the play in the paint, I think we totally went away from that going down the stretch when the magic thru up the zone. To many long jumpers in those last 5 mins led to magic rebounds and easy buckets on the other end.

CB was the man tonight despite his 4 TO's and 4 pts aft the half. The 22 and 11 was good enough to redeem himself though

Darko played a decent game and he and Hill would love to upset the Pistons. DHoward got his 19 boards, but thank goodness he missed 8 FT's and had six TO's.

14. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

Seems like if Sheed gets double digits in paint points and Rip and C-Note near the 45-point mark combined, Pistons win. And that has been a constant whether Brown or Flip has been in charge.

15. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

When I was watching the Pistons fritter away the lead in the fourth quarter I felt like I was the one who got poked in the eye. That level of focus won't do it against a good team.

16. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Pistons are going to have to man up a lot better on defense, but I think this was in some ways a typical game for the Magic, albeit on the extremes of a few statistical categories. We know that they usually miss a bunch of FTs and turn it over way too much, so I think we'll probably be seeing more of that as the series goes on, albeit maybe not quite to the extent that we saw today. But if the Pistons pick it up on D, Orlando won't be shooting 58% again either.

17. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Please explain. I thought Tay played pretty solid defense. He scored 12 points on 4-for-7 shooting. He added 2 rebounds, 6 assists and 1 block. His bucket in the closing seconds sealed the victory.

18. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I am not too worried about the Magic, but it is pretty sad that a number one seed needs to depend on a 7th seeded team to play poorly in order to beat them.

My concern lies in the next round when we play a team that will not beat itself.

But that is a problem for another day. The Pistons won and the Wings won. All in all a very good day. :)

19. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

fino played good and darko played good. i enjoyed myself at the game. i had to cheer for darko while the other fans booed. i'm glad people are getting to watch a series full of darko. if nothing else it will destroy that myth that darko is on the bench because he isn't better than battie. we got the short end of that deal.

good win by the pistons. we looked good but lost a little bit of interest in the end. flip murray is still dodging bullets so he was glued to the bench. lindsey sucks in the playoffs. rip got his rhythm cause hill put jameer on him at the start of the game. chauncey is saving his abuse for monday for jameer.

tay's 3 with the shot clock running out was good. then keyon hit a 3 and that was a really big swing in the game.

20. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Pistons outrebounded 33-39??

If it weren`t for 20 Magic turns, we could be down 1 game.

Not to mention the 58% shooting by Orlando.