1st Round Boston vs Atlanta

Discussion in '2008 Playoffs' started by max, Apr 22, 2008.

1. max

max All-Star

True but they always came back the next game as if it never happened. Thats what I like about them. By all standards they should have been broken after game 2.
  2. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

I agree Max. They come out every game like they don't know they're supposed to lose. I like that in a team too.
  3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

hawks down by 12 early
    dang
  4. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Down big at halftime. Can't shoot straight. It will be tough for Atlanta to make something happen in the 2nd half.
  5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Its halftime and the Hawks are down 18....To many jump shots, to many turnovers and to many hands and arms from the Celtic defenders...results in 26 pts for the half and an almost certain lost.

It they were down only 10, I'd give them a chance but, to beat the Celtics you got to get those easy shots and have to score 90 and above and they are a long way from there.

Looks for Cavs-Celtics rumble on Tuesday.
  6. mikhail1973

The lead is up to 30. I wonder if Cavs would be a better matchup for Celts. Probably looking at the low scoring games. And who's going to guard Bron?
  7. detteam

detteam All-Star

79-43 starting the 4th. What's the lowest score by a team in the playoffs?
  8. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Prophetic let`s see if it happens.........
  9. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

It's all for the best. The best thing atlanta could do was make us feel better about ourselves. I really want boston and cleveland to go at it. I'd much rather see boston in the ecf...if only to not see letravel anymore this year.
  10. LA Dre

Longest second half and garbage time in the history for the NBA. Should have just turn the mics off and played music for second half instead of having JVG, Breen and Action Jackson remind us on how good the Celtics were for the regular season.

We are probably lucky that Tommy point wasn't doing this broadcast to the national audience. Well at least I was able to fix my garbage disposal during this game that had to be played but was settled in the first 15 minutes. :)
  11. mikhail1973

Cleveland-Boston is going to be a struggle for both. Let them beat each other up so that if Pistons make it through Magic they'd have to deal with the beat up opponent. That series could go 7.
  12. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Yeah right.

Boston in five games......................:stirthepot:
  13. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Too bad I was right about this game. The Hawks just couldn't do anything in the Garden.

I wonder what this series will end up meaning, if anything. Were the Celtics that much better at home (or worse on the road), or was it entirely because the Hawks' level of play was so horrendous on the road? If it's the latter, then Boston will have to worry about not being able to get wins on the road against these tougher teams. That would be surprising, considering how strong they were on the road during the regular season, but maybe it'll be an Achilles heel for them. Having HCA throughout the playoffs does relieve some of that pressure, but you definitely can't win a title if you can't win ANY games on the road in the playoffs. Nobody's ever been able to do that.
  14. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I'm not really sure if we don't have a better chance against CLE. Yea they still have Lebron, but the match-ups that used to kill us are gone.

On the other hand the Garnett/Sheed matchup is irritating, not because Garnett goes off, but Sheed has trouble scoring against him at times as well.

The refs would be atrocious in both series IMO.

If we win the ECF it's going to be a victory against the team we're facing and the calls.

Also which one is the better defensive team? I guess we'll see in the next series.
  15. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I'd MUCH rather see Cleveland.

1/2 their game is the refs and the other half is Lebron (not sure how much you can separate them). If Detroit plays well none of that matters with Cleveland. Boston is loaded with talent and CAN beat Detroit straight up.

Besides, I'd like the revenge.

Plus if we lose to Boston, Flip has an excuse. We lose to Cleveland and he's GONE!!!
  16. LA Dre

This is still a toss up IMO who we would fare better against. Boston beat the Hawks today because the Hawks took to long to determine who was going to shoot and when they decided to attack the rim, the Celtics converged on the driver and caused a TO or bad shot. if we play that way, we may have the same issue. We cannot get in a trading hoop sequence with either team, because both La Bron and Pierce will try to win the game at the line in the end by continual penetration and the only two players that may think about penetration in the end is Billups and Stuckey, and the latter won't be in there down the stretch.

If you go with the Stern marketing scheme, we may have better chance beating the Cavs than Celtics if we get to the ECF. Why, well referee wise, Stern would love to see a Celtics-Pistons ECF, and an eventual Celtics-Lakers finals, but if the Celtics lose to the Cavs, I think he would rather see a Pistons-Lakers Finals rematch than see LaBron show up again.....then again Lebron vs Kobe will trump a Labron -Duncan finals any year, so who knows...:stirthepot:.. OK enough conspiracy rhetoric, this series is over, may as well close this thread.
  17. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Are the Cavs good enough to win one on the road?