1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

1st Round Boston vs Atlanta

Discussion in '2008 Playoffs' started by max, Apr 22, 2008.

1. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

I second that. (i hope i am wrong though)

2. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

I don't know if this is the best comparison, mikhail. The Pistons players have been together a lot longer than the Celtics players. Besides, it seems like the Pistons have let a bunch of series go too long. Orlando comes to mind.

I do agree with your comment about them possibly using up a lot in the regular season.

3. ggazoo69

I don't know. Would you rather play Cleveland or Boston in the ECF at this point if the Pistons get by Orlando? Cleveland would most assuredly beat the Hawks and then you get that whole Ben "I've Got Something to Prove Against My Old Team" Wallace show going on. As much as I think Boston matches up well with Detroit, Cleveland scares the he11 out of me.

4. KP

KP First Round Draft Pick

One thing I did notice about the end of the game was that there was a lot of Rondo for Boston (and not much KG). Rondo's got to make sure the star gets the ball, and not try to make plays himself.

On the other end of the court, at least on one possession I saw, Bibby was well defended so he shoved the ball over to Joe Johnson who was also well defended. Johnson created enough space to get off a 3 - which he made.

It demonstrated a difference on leadership and understanding of the teams point guards. Rondo didn't have enough sense to get the ball to the superstar, Bibby did.

5. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I'd rather play Cleveland. Ben's revenge factor didn't do the Bulls much good last year in the playoffs against the Pistons.

6. ggazoo69

Good point. I worry about Gibson and LeBron. And their active big men outboarding our guys. 'Course, Maxiell is pretty active, isn't he? I love the fact that he is starting now. Should have been done a while ago IMO.

7. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Whoever we play, it's starting to look a whole lot easier for us to make it to the finals. :stirthepot:

8. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I wouldn't care which one we played, I just want both of them to have to play each other and beat each other up.

No way I want to go into another ECF watching the opponent kick back and relax for a week while the Pistons are still slugging it out in Round 2.

9. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Let's just hope the Pistons aren't already looking ahead like we are. :stirthepot:

10. Nemo

They never look ahead until they're down in a series...:gun1:

11. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

LOL, let's hope so...but if anything, I think this first round should show us once again that we might not be able to tell very much from one series to the next, or even within a series. When the Pistons were down 2-1 after a stunningly bad Game 3 loss and Boston was up 2-0 with two blowouts, weren't things looking "easy" for Boston to make the Finals? And now that the Pistons have righted the ship and cruised to the second round while the Celtics struggle just to put the Hawks away, it looks like we've got the edge. But both of those outlooks could easily get reversed again.

12. ggazoo69

Yeah, I'm getting too carried away. Turkoglu and Lewis can present problems for this team. If these guys start to toss in 3's by the bunches, we'll be in for a long series. They're much better shooters than Philly. And Sheed and Maxy's help D will be crucial on Howard. I think Howard will eat McDyess for lunch. I feel the need, the need for Sheed in this series.

13. Nemo

They could, but I like the theory that Boston doesn't have a playoff gear this season. They expended all their energy and talent to have a glorious regular season and they are now out of gas and cannot raise it up a notch.:gettinghanged::help2: It wouldn't surprise me if they lost to Atlanta in game 7.

14. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Die Celtics Die

15. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Although I really like the idea of Boston and Cleveland beating each other up over a long seven game series, it's hard not to echo the sentiment.

16. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Perhaps he should have gotten the ball to Pierce, but Allen was missing everything and Garnett's a huge choker. Rondo's turning into a fine player; I don't really have a problem with him taking shots.

17. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yeah we got to play these games first, just ask the Celtics and Deshawn Stevenson..Don't assume our series with the Magic will be any easier than the supposed slam dunk over the Sixers:sssh:... I assume nothing until the third game is played...

Anybody recall what happen in the third game of last years ECF, or 2006 Finals with the Heat and Mavs??

The Celtics Nation thought they had their series wrapped before it was even played and got their wake up call in game 3. If Pierce gets into foul trouble again and Ray Allen bricks a few shots like he did in the 4th qtr last night then the unthinkable can happen...Red Auerbach is already rolling in his grave now.

18. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

we thought they would spend their energy. But their big three did not really log lot of minutes specially towards the end of the season. They were well rested coming to the playoffs. i hope the hawks series could drain their energy though.

19. max

max All-Star

I don't know what to make of the Celts. In hindsight one can find reasons why they are having trouble but did you see this comming? Amazing thing is Atlanta has won 3 of the last 4 games so they are very capable of winning game 7.

I have been pulling for the Hawks. I find them a very likeable team.

20. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I think the fact that Atlanta has been killed 3 times by an average of 22 points in Boston this series trumps the fact that they've won 3 of the last 4. As I said before, I'll be thrilled if I'm wrong, but I doubt it.