1st Regular Season Game vs 76ers - Nov 2nd, 2005 - 8pm EDT

Discussion in 'November 2005 Games' started by Superstarov, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

Pistons Regular Season Game 1
    November 2nd, 2005, 8:00 PM EDT

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Philadelphia 76ers
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Starting Lineup
    PG - Allen Iverson
    SG - Andre Iguodala
    SF - Kyle Korver
    PF - Chris Webber
    C - Samuel Dalembert
    Coach - Maurice "Mo" Cheeks

[Merc] Here's the injury report from Philly:

Allen Iverson G Out Oct 27 knee Day-to-day
    Samuel Dalembert C Out Oct 27 quadriceps Day-to-day[​IMG]
    Michael Bradley F Out Oct 14 knee surgery Return mid November
    Shavlik Randolph F Out Oct 11 foot Return early November[​IMG]
    Jamal Mashburn F Out Sep 29 knee Out Indefinitely[​IMG]
    Willie Green G I.L. Aug 16 knee surgery Out Indefinitely[​IMG][​IMG]
  2. Hotsauce

Hotsauce First Round Draft Pick

Looks like we will start the season off on the right foot...:thumb:
  3. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Should be a "W"

I have to admit...I am excited to see how this team (Philly) plays with Maurice Cheeks. I don't think Maurice ever got the respect he deserved over there in Portland. That scene from a while back where he helped the little girl sing the National anthemn when she forgot the words showed tremendous class.

This should be a good test as Philly plays pretty agressive defense. I would love to see Detroit match and surpass their intensity opening night, especially since defensive intensity under Saunders is one of the many questions to be answered this year.
  4. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

The 76ers will definately make the playoffs this year. If Webber can stay healthy, I see them taking their division. The Pistons know how difficult it can be to play this team. Korver pretty much fell under pressure during the playoffs, so he may have a chip on his shoulders coming out. Both teams have a lot of repsect for each other and both have a statement to make being the first games of the season. I would love to see a Darko/Dalembert matchup as well as the Flip/Mo Cheeks match up. Should be very interesting.
  5. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Philly has a tough start thay have to vs Detroit, Indy, and Dallas in 3 of there first 5 games.
  6. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Should be a good game. Will be interesting to see if it is a close game or a lop sided victory.
  7. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

east champs get off on right foot

pistons 99, sixers 91....chauncey 6 points (will be too tired chasing round Allen)....leading scorer will be Mc Dyess off bench with 18, Prince and Rip with 16...Iverson leads with 28 ponts.:yo:
  8. max

max All-Star

Start

It is nice to stat off the season with games against Sixers, BOS and Toronto. BOS and TOR are 2 of the worst teams in the league. But its a hectic start with 6 games in 9 days including a 3-game West coast trip.
  9. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I swear the NBA wants this team to lose they have 20 SETS of back to back games! That is the most in the NBA, but this is the toughest team so they'll manage.
  10. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

Flip has to win this one

Detroit has to very careful in this first game vs. Philly. We have a tendency to get very overconfident at times in our home openers and end up losing at times. I anticipate that we will come out very aggresive especially at the defensive end. Though I do worry that our offense will struggle in the early part of the season as we will get adjusted to Flip's new offense. No need to fret though as the same thing happened with LB and looked what happened.
  11. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I'm very sure the everyone in that lockeroom learned they had to take every game seriously after Game 7. I mean we only had 5 less wins than the Spurs, and we lost to teams like Charlotte twice,Bucks twice, Orlando twice, and we got blown out at home by the Hawks. Now if we take EVERY game seriously we should get the best record in the league.
  12. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

We'll be there!!

My daughter just returned from a business trip to Poland and found four tickets to the game in the mail. She had sent in her entry into that lottery before she left, and there they were when she got back.

That is some good luck!! :laugh:
  13. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Am I that far out of the loop? Lottery? Is that just for the first game or have the Pistons sold out for the entire season and only set a few hundred seats aside to be sold by lottery to the general public? That just seems highly improbable to me, but I thought I'd ask. :confused:
  14. lazyberbs

I am not sure that lottery is exactly the right word

But I think it is. It was just for the first game, I believe. I saw it and entered but did not win. They had people send in their credit card numbers with the entry and you could tell them the number of tickets you wanted, up to four.

I did hear tonight, though that the NBA had release several hundred tickets so that they could be sold by the Pistons. I didn't hear whether if was for the season or each night, but I guess they do not want to come and watch the Pistons win it all, again.

Hope this helped.
  15. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

with 41 home games and a ton of people getting the 20-game packages, that leaves one game extra...i believe they raffled off whether those season ticket holders got the first game or not...somethin like that
  16. lazyberbs

I don't know if this is the right place or not

but as I told you earlier, my daughter got four tickets for the Phillie game Wednesday, the season opener. Well, she and I are going and she did not know anyone else that wants to go, so if anyone wants to buy the tickets (or one of them), let me know. They cost her $50. each. We wish she could just give them away but she can't do that. I think she might discount them, though, if someone wants both of them.

I am leaving Saturday AM, driving down to her place in Livonia. If anyone wants the tickets let me know through the Detroit News forum, or here, and I will meet someone in the Detroit area to exchange the money for the tickets Sun, Mon, Tues or Wed.

Sorry we can't give them to someone. They are in Section 223, Row 4.

I hope I didn't break a rule but I did not know how to let everyone know.
  17. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Alright.. finally some real ball!!

I think we're catching Philly at the right time... A.I. and Dalembert have missed most of the preseason... they're just now coming into shape... Cweb has also been slowed some.

We should be able to take advantage of this team in the 4th QTR when they run out of gas.. they're weak at backup PG and backup center.

I'm predicting a blowout.
  18. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

whaT WE gonna do...

...when the 2-time eastern champs run wild on uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!Sicksers are very overated...I'm changing my score as flip unleashes the beast..pistons 111-89!:yo: my bruddas!
  19. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

interesting

what will be most interesting to me. is what rotation flip uses. will the bench still continue to log heavy minutes. will he continue to bring them in as a full 5 man unit.
  20. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

With Dalembert missing the first couple weeks... we should be able to do some damage inside.
    Darko should dominate... after Steven Hunter (starter?) they don't have anyone over 6'10"