12th Man

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by buddahfan, Oct 15, 2006.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Davis or Johnson?

Johnson can play one more year in the development league. I would rather see him play for the Pistons and have the Pistons dump Davis. Davis is old and washed up. Johnson has the talent, aka Darko. The Pistons don't need to make the same mistake again with another talented young player and screw up his attitude toward the team.

Darko might even start for the Magic this year. He could have been starting for the Pistons.

Amir should be the 12 man and given playing time

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I think AJ should use up his last year of eligibility in the D-League. We're gunna have new guys down there next year.

3. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I agree with Roscowave. I'd rather see AJ in the D League one more year. No need to rush him. We have several other young players who are ahead of him on the depth chart. I think a year in the D league would benefit him more than a year on the bench would.

Don't forget that he's still very young. He'd only be a sophmore in college right now. We should take advantage of this last year of eligibility in the DL and then see what he can do with the big boys next year.

4. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

It seems to me that even if Amir would start in the D League, he could be brought back at any time. Say drop him down there until the All Star break and decide who is doing the least on the team and replace him with Amir then.

Looking back, I can see where if Darko had played a year in Europe instead of riding the pine here, he would have been better off. There was no D League then or that would have also been better. It would not have hurt his attitude because he would have believed that the team was doing everything it could to improve him.

On the other hand, playing in practice with Ben, Memo, Elden, and later, Sheed and Dyce, probably helped him immeasurably. The problem is that he did not get to validate what he learned in games.

I think Amir would help the Pistons more than Davis, especially if he is playing every game up until the all star break in the D League.

But don't forget that he is down there :rolleyes: .

5. roscoe36

It's important to remember that a player can go up and down as stated by lazy.

And the D-League season is shorter than the NBA season, meaning that the guys who ho down will not completely miss opportunities at NBA action.

6. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You can't under-estimate the experience guys get from a good ho down.

:dancingparty:

7. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Come on, Roscoe. You have to give me some props for this one... :pound:

8. roscoe36

I'll hi 5 you at the next PF.com ho down Bill. :D

9. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

You might have fewer than you think.