'08 Trade Ideas

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Jan 21, 2008.

1. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

The key to any trading would have to be Joe's pention for Piston DNA. I beleive Tay would play better if we had a BEN_like presence around the hoop. Considering Ben and Coach Jekoff could never co-exist, I beleive he would never come back, but these are my top 10 additions that could make an immediate impact on this team THIS year:

1. Chris Wilcox, Seattle
    2. Udonis Haslem, Miami
    3. Charlie Bell, Milwaukee
    4. Andre Igoudala, Philly
    5. Chris Webber
    6. Zach randolph, New York
    7. Theo ratliff, Minny
    8. Corey Magette, LAC
    9. Sam Dalembert, Philly
    10. Shawn Marion, Phx

2. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Wilcox is intriguing, but Webber.......would his impact be positive...

3. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

No. Our awful interior D needs no more help sucking.

4. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

We need to replace the whole front line.

:hoops:

5. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

I like Bell and Ratliff, from that list; maybe Randolph... he's perhaps the most selfish player in the league and refuses to play defense, so he might be a good fit... Haslem's almost perfectly suited in Miami's system, wouldn't fit in ours... Iguodala's a "franchise player" who ain't... Marion's just all around overrated and overpaid, and besides that couldn't score with a halfcourt PG like Billups... Wilcox, Dalembert, and Maggette are stupid... Webber's history.

I wonder how Latrell Sprewell is doing on the feeding-his-family front.

6. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

Yeah, but our interior O would be significantly improved. He was essentially our starting center last year. Btw, how'd we do (W-L) when he played? C-Webb will be back, unless something better comes along.

7. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Hasn't C-Webb choked in the playoffs his entire career? Isn't that partially why he still needs a ring?

Who cares what happens during the regular season. We've been on that train ride before...and will be on it without him. Sometime around the third round, the whistle blows. Everybody off!!!!

8. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i wouldn't mind webber as a 4th big who could provide offense and a calming presence for our young players, who could also make max more effective since teams couldn't just key on him, and give our frontcourt more rest on the regular season.

9. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

It would, but we'd be giving up just as much on the other end. imo, Webber's offensive contributions are negated by what he can't do on D. And he couldn't even score in the playoffs. Z and Varejao killed us on the boards too, just reaching up over him or just plain beating him to those all-important rebounds. :yellowprison: Plus, he wasn't happy with his role as a starter then, what makes you think he'd be happy playing behind Max and racking up DNP's?

10. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

But come crunch time, if he is a role model, and he goes into shock along with the coach, won't the young guys see that and freeze too. I was all for C Webb last year, but not this time.

If the Pistons trade it's gotta be huge, IMO. Like Dantley for Aguire. We need to get over the hump.

11. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i completely understand tater, and i can't really disagree. to be more clear, i wouldn't mind webber back *if* used appropriately - meaning flip doesn't fall in love and make him a starter or the 1st big off the bench, if he doesn't panic and throw him in there in crunch time, and if webber can actually contain his attitude and be content with limited minutes.

those are a LOT of ifs.

12. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Sheed and Dyess are making too much money for their age and current game. They would almost impossible to trade except for maybe a young guy or draft pick.

It would very difficult to get more value for Rip or C-Bill so they aren't really trade abe. Hayes, Herrmann, Murray and Brezec would not bring us any immediate significant help.

Tay, Maxey, Stuckey, AJ and maybe AA are our most trade able guys.

Trading Tay is the only possibility for getting an impact player this year.

Maxey could bring us some good value but Joe D. would probably have to throw in someone else of value to get a significant upgrade over Maxey.

So that leaves the rookies and AJ. Not very likely that Joe D. would trade the first two.

So Tay and AJ are our most trade able players with only Tay being able to possibly bring an immediate impact player that could significantly help us this year.

:hoops:

13. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Actually Ruben Patterson is currently a free agent. He could provide some toughness. And so is Earl Boykins. And Tarrence Kinsey.

14. cdecember

cdecember First Round Draft Pick

I honestly like the Idea of Battier coming here. he is a glue guy who does everything. only thing is who would you trade for him? also who would you get rid of to get Gasol or Kirilenko here?

15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Battier would be sweet. He just seems like a Piston.

16. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Good defender, classy guy, plays hard, can't score to save his life when things get tight? :)

But yeah, I'd take him.

17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

He's taken 13 shots in "crunch time" this year and he made 3 of them. Very Sheed-like (23.1% actually matches Sheed's clutch % to the decimal).

He is another 3-point shooter too. 80% of his FGA this year are outside the paint.

He's signed through 2011 at a moderate amount. He's owed 5.9M this year.

Maybe he is redundant. The question is, can he make up for Prince's weaknesses as a defender of the bigger 3's?

18. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Assuming you would have to give up Prince to get Battier, I'm not sure.

I'd think Tay is better all around offensively - shoots a higher percentage and can to some extent get a shot out of the post. Battier is a slightly better rebounder and a fair amount better at steals and blocks. And stronger to boot and wouldn't get shoved around quite so much by the Artests of the world as Tay.

Even if you get better defensively though, I'm not sure this team can afford to get less back on the offensive end out of that spot.

19. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Battier's a good team defender but he's never impressed me greatly individually - he's certainly not in Artest, Bryant, or 2004 Prince's league at any rate.

And where would he fit in? I'd stick with Hayes, who provides essentially the same skill set.

20. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I don't think Mr. D would approve of bringing Ruben Patterson on board. He is a convicted sex offender and all. I think that would qualify him as not being a good person in Mr. D's book.